It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will antibiotics always be there for us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What will we do when our antibiotics cannot defend humans against deadly bacteria? Our strongest antibiotics are already seeing resistance from certain stranes of bacteria, however, no new antibiotics are coming out. Do you think bacteria will win this race (antibiotics vs bacteria mutations)?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well, Tondo, I know that most people are more and more concerned that bacteria are building up resistances to existing antibiotics faster tahtn we can come up iwht new ones.

I think there're two reasons for this.

First, doctors tend to give in to patients who want an antibiotic for a disease which is probably viral in nature. Of course, antibiotics don't work against viral diseases, just against bacterial ones. So a lot of people are getting antibiotics whentthey don't need them, and the bacteria are getting another chance to mutate.

Second, antibiotics are not an easy thing to produce, since the government has imposed a huge series of roadblocks to quick deployment of a drug. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that; if you remember that mutagenic drug Thalidomide given to pregnant women back in the fifties and sixties that caused kids to be born with undeveloped arms, you tend to like the idea of being careful!

Nonetheless, given that, when you amortize the drug ingredients that don't make it, it takes up to a billion (yep, that's the number with the "B") dollars to develop a drug and take it through the testing cycle, a company is not going to spend that kind of money to develop a drug and see its ability to make them a profit taken away within four or five years.

That's why Pfizer's Z-pak (zithromax), probably one of the best antibiotics around, costs so much -- because there isn't a generic version yet. And most peoples' insurance won't pay for the Z-pak, which is a lot.

But pretty soon the patent on Z-pak will go away, and you will see a lot of those same kind of macrolide antibiotics, and the price will go down.

The bad news is that Pfizer, unless it makes a good profit on Z-pak, is probably not going to invest millions and millions of dollars to come up with another drug the formula of which will be made public.

So we son't be seeing a lot of new drugs on the market unless either the Government makes it easier to get these new drugs to market, ensures that the original manufacturer gets to keep the proprietary right to the drug, or both.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
haha even if i am a little paranoid (not really, just curious)... I am still kinda ticked that tons of people take antibiotics and dont follow through with the amount of days they shoudl take it. Its like they are saying "here u go bacteria, take a little of this antibiotic, dont worry i wont take it every day for a week, so now u can mutate and become ammune to it" I think thats another problem with antibiotics if u can understand my little human to bacteria talk. Anyways

Im sure u know this, im assuming this from the response u gave me, that there is a new type of practice where doctors do not treat u with antibiotics, they make u suffer the minor pain and discomfort so u build the anibodies, thus not using antibiotics = the bacteria will not mutate to become even deadlier (as they suppose) What do u think of this, personally I do not think it will be accepted by the majority, since we tend to want the "easy way out" ofa lot of things, but I see where the doctors are coming from

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I dont waste my time with doctors meds, I have always relied on colloidal silver to cure my colds and whatever needs antibiotics. Its alot cheaper and since I dont have health insurance, I have found out that keeping up with my vitamins and colloidal silver has been enough to keep me from getting sick for a long long time. Its very safe to use and probably something that we should all stock up on since it cures alot more then what your average antibiotic can.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think people take antibiotics far too much. Doctors prescribe them when half the time all the person needs is 2/3 days off from work. We're kinda....antibiotic-happy

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
When antibiotics stop working switch back to colliodal silver like karosel says.

Colliodal silver was used before antibiotics came out. They were able to patent antibiotics and charge more for it. Like oil, drugs cost a lot.

Artificially produced antibiotics (drugs) only kill bacterial organisms while Colloidal Silver Water is known to kill bacteria, viruses and fungi without harmful side effects or toxicity in the human body and animals. It is harmless to human enzymes and has no known reaction with medications. In today's world of viral and bacterial pollution and mutations it is imperative that we begin to recognize the importance of alternative methods to cure diseases.
www.shesacancersurvivor.com...

Some articles and web sites are devoted to the debunking of all alternative, non-pharmaceutical therapies, including colloidal silver. This intentional disinformation is being promoted by pro-pharmaceutical shills who want to freighten people away from using colloidal silver. Why? Because colloidal silver works too well, and the drug companies know it! If the general public knew how wide-spectrum and incredibly effective collidal silver is, people might begin to realize that they don't need to take all those expensive pharmaceutical antibiotics, with their wonderfulside effects. When you consider both human and animal consumption of antibiotics, the loss would represent billions each month!
((Read the part about where they try to scare people into thinking their skin will turn grey, if they take collidal silver for a long time. The one ladies skin turned grey because she was taking colliodal silver protein, nose drops. There's no protein in silver water, so no grey skin !!! ))
educate-yourself.org...

Colloidal Silver provides the catalyst which disables the enzyme that all one-celled invaders use for their oxygen metabolism. In effect, Colloidal Silver 'strangles' over 650 disease-creating bacteria, fungi (including yeasts), viruses, and parasites by cutting off their oxygen supply. Because these micro-organisms are suffocated, rather than poisoned, resistant strains fail to develop (the germs cannot mutate and develop). www.theolivebranch.com...

Colloidal silver is almost free, just need distilled water, silver rods and a power supply either AC or DC.

It kills more girms. viruses and infections then antibiotics.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Ycon]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
just be sure that you don't take too much colloidal silver. It IS possible to take too much of a good thing. I've heard of instances of people who have had very high levels of colloidal silver in their systems and it turned their skin a very pronounced grey color. I'm not kidding.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
just be sure that you don't take too much colloidal silver. It IS possible to take too much of a good thing. I've heard of instances of people who have had very high levels of colloidal silver in their systems and it turned their skin a very pronounced grey color. I'm not kidding.

tyrant, you need to do some research on colliodal silver water. You may also want to read my whole post above. It's colliodal silver protein that was used in the past that turned one lady grey. Todays colliodal silver will not turn your skin grey. It's the drug companies that are trying to scare the public away from colliodal silver because if the public learned how good it was, the drug companies/antibiotics would loose up to a billion dollars a year.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
thanks Ycon, I'll do a bit more research on colloidal silver. I have a friend who is "into" colloidal silver, extracting colloidal silver himself. I believe, however, that you are referring to something quite different....colloidal silver protein. I'm not exactly certain what that is so, bear with me, and I'll delve into the topic a bit further. However, I will agree with you that the use of colloidal was all but abandoned by modern medicine since the advent of antibiotics when there were -- and continue to be -- genuine uses for this natural "antibiotic".

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well, there are a lot of people who either take colloidal silver or say they're going to do so.

It's certainly a very popular approach in some places. Two of my band members are physicians and they both say it's just about completely worthless; however, we should each have the right to choose our own medications.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Were people to take antibiotics only when necessary, and use them as prescribed, we wouldn't be in the mess.

Got a sinus infection? Take a Dixie cup of very warm water, put a table spoon of salt in it and swirl it, place the cup about a quarter inch from your nose and snort really hard. The air/water mixture will go through your sinuses and to the back of your throat. Spit the gunk out. Do this two or three times, about three times a day. Sure, it'll burn like athe dickens, and you'll have to force yourself to do something that feels like you're trying to drown yourslef, but it'll kill it. Don't freak when you spit out blood; it is there because the infection has your sinuses as raw and sore as can be.

Got strep throat? Gargle several times a day with very salty, very warm water. It'll kill it.

Our grandmothers were pretty smart folk; we need to remember their advice and act upon it!

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
tyrant, your welcome. The protein is what caused the ladies skin to turn grey, not the colliodal silver water that is being sold and made today. In the past before antibiotics came out, the silver was injected into people and the particles were larger. There's a very big difference between then and now. The skin turned grey because the particles were big and the body was unable to pass them through the system, especially if the persons kidneys or liver weren't functioning correctly.

There's no chance that your skin will turn grey

and even if it did, today we are able to remove the grey with laser, just like tattoo removal or permanent hair removal.

I make my own also

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
were u u get this stuff

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
were u u get this stuff

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Since the whole Swine Flu thing has come out I've been eagerly reading up on alternative medicines and treatments and I'm very intrigued by colloidal silver. I've been contemplating buying a CS generator and I was eyeballing a couple of models.

www.elixa.com...

and

www.silverpuppy.com...

Does anyone have any experience with creating their own colloidal silver and or know a reputable manufacturer which would be a good place to get a generator from, or a simple plan/layout blueprint for making my own?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tondo

I guess they will have more and more problems to cure us,
but these could save us :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have seen that on TV, too, and VERY interresting !!

Blue skies.

top topics

join