It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing Debuts Super Hornet with Advanced Radar System (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Boeing continues to deliver upgraded Super Hornets to the U.S. Navy. This latest debut is to incorporate the AESA radar built by the Raytheon Corporation. This radar system allows the aircrew to simultaneously mesh the observation of ground and air radar events.

www.boeing.com
ST. LOUIS, April 21, 2005 – Boeing [NYSE: BA] will debut the F/A-18E/F Block II Super Hornet equipped with the revolutionary APG-79 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar system at a ceremony at Boeing's St. Louis facilities today.

The AESA radar will provide Super Hornets with significantly improved reliability, situational awareness, target detection and tracking range.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The celebration of the delivery of the new Super Hornet by Boeing extends heavily to companies like Raytheon. Raytheon's systems are throughout the Super Hornet and give this aircraft amazing battlefield versatility.

Personally, I think the U.S. government is receiving some incredible cutting-edge technology. I mean, they are starting to get what they pay for. Contracts to provide upgrades for the Super Hornet are starting to yield some of the best battlfield systems in the world.

Related News Links:
www.prnewswir e.com

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You know what?
I should get half of all your points from the comments posted to this since I posted this same thing three days ago.

Yeah, the APG-79 AESA is going to give the F-18E/F SuperHornets something it has been needing for quite some time. Very nice.

seekerof

new topics

join