It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Whos standing in your area?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Jenny Barnard-Langston Liberal Democrat
Julian Brazier Conservative
Alex Hilton Labour
Geoffrey Meaden Green
John Moore UK Independence Party
Rocky van de Benderskum Legalise Cannabis Alliance

These are the ones standing in the Canterbury area. Julian Brazier has held the seat since 1987
he does a good job, but i would like to see someone who is abit more vocal then Mr Brazier.




posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Jenny Barnard-Langston Liberal Democrat
Julian Brazier Conservative
Alex Hilton Labour
Geoffrey Meaden Green
John Moore UK Independence Party
Rocky van de Benderskum Legalise Cannabis Alliance

These are the ones standing in the Canterbury area. Julian Brazier has held the seat since 1987
he does a good job, but i would like to see someone who is abit more vocal then Mr Brazier.


You shouldn't wish for a change in MP... You're lucky to have a Conservative MP currently!

Gavin Ayling
www.gavpolitics.co.uk



posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i admit, he does an ok job, but its time for change. We need someone with more voice and the ability to tackle issues such as anti-social behaviour, crime, etc.



posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
i admit, he does an ok job, but its time for change. We need someone with more voice and the ability to tackle issues such as anti-social behaviour, crime, etc.


Of all the parties, surely the Tories are best placed to cope with that?

Remember you are not voting for local issues in the main, though your MP can lobby for changes in that department...

Gavin Ayling
www.gavpolitics.co.uk...



posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GavinAyling
Of all the parties, surely the Tories are best placed to cope with that?

Remember you are not voting for local issues in the main, though your MP can lobby for changes in that department...

Gavin Ayling
www.gavpolitics.co.uk...


i'd rather vote BNP then tories.
lets put it that way.



posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by GavinAyling
Of all the parties, surely the Tories are best placed to cope with that?

Remember you are not voting for local issues in the main, though your MP can lobby for changes in that department...


i'd rather vote BNP then tories.
lets put it that way.


A lot of people have been saying that on alt.politics.british. I really think that you don't mean that, but I am curious mostly. Do you actually support any BNP policies? You have been shown to support Tory policies by your result, but I doubt the test is getting the BNP right ;-)



posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GavinAyling
A lot of people have been saying that on alt.politics.british. I really think that you don't mean that, but I am curious mostly. Do you actually support any BNP policies? You have been shown to support Tory policies by your result, but I doubt the test is getting the BNP right ;-)


Tories are a dying party that already ruined this country once and i shall not vote for that to happen again. I dont know who i am voting for in the general election, but i cant tell you that i will not be putting a mark in the tories box.



posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
BBC Link

Michael Fabricant: Conservative
Nigel Gardner: Labour
Ian Jackson: Liberal Democrat
Malcolm McKenzie: UK Independence Party

Its a Conservative safe seat apparntly

edit: I may not be happy with the Conservative Party, but Mr Fabricant has done a good job


[edit on 24-4-2005 by UK Wizard]



posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by GavinAyling
A lot of people have been saying that on alt.politics.british. I really think that you don't mean that, but I am curious mostly. Do you actually support any BNP policies? You have been shown to support Tory policies by your result, but I doubt the test is getting the BNP right ;-)


Tories are a dying party that already ruined this country once and i shall not vote for that to happen again. I dont know who i am voting for in the general election, but i cant tell you that i will not be putting a mark in the tories box.


The Tories really aren't dying :-)

Jenny Langston-Barnard stood as a Conservative in Hove in 2001 as Jenny Langston. Mark Barnard was also a Tory and they defected and married... So glad she didn't get in Hove last time...



posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ian Collard - Conservative
Roy Jenkins - UK Independence Party
Jenny Pinkett - Liberal Democrat
Tony Wright - Labour


As a former mining town, my constituency of Cannock Chase is regarded as a pretty safe Labour seat.

Its quite dissapointing that there's no real viable alternative to the labour vote, such as the Green party - who's policies regarding sustainable development in particular I quite empathise with - who could have necessitated a little more thought in my voting decision.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join