It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you "MENSA" material?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I just found this test on the internet, I'm not sure how reliable it actually is, but I thought with all the interest in several of LiquidationOfDiscrepancy's various IQ posts, this might be something people were interested in.

www.mensa.org...

I timed myself, I took 27 minutes to do the test (it's rated for 30) and I scored 28/30. I missed #13 and #19, and the only one I guessed on was #7, and I got it right, so really i had 27. #13 I left blank, the first word I thought of was actually the answer, but I didn't see how it applied to a couple of the words, so I rejected it.

edit: oh and for #19, my guess was BESTIALIAN, lol, it was wrong.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
By 'Mensa Material', do you mean clever enough to pay to be told how intelligent you are? Or in the case of my friend, a failed Mensa applicant, how stupid he is...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
" Your score was 18 out of 30. That score is a little low, but it is always possible that you could pass the Mensa test. "

Nah I'm dumb

- Nazgarn

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Online IQ tests are fun, but they have no actual real results. Having a real IQ test is quite different, and takes some time, and measures several levels of function.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
bah im stupid too.

20/30. didnt answer the one unscramble question. test took me 20 mins.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
Online IQ tests are fun, but they have no actual real results. Having a real IQ test is quite different, and takes some time, and measures several levels of function.

And are administered and evaluated by professionals.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
well ..hhmmm.. i started it , but i got bored al;ong the way... and the letters questions really annoyed me... so ill just be whatever i am, either thats MENSA or not....

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
DragonsDemesne, I want to thank you for mentioning me, because the subject on IQ is of high interest to me. ( Personally I want to see more threads on this subject)
I'll take a peak at the test you posted.
You may or may not know this, but Mensa accepts the top 2% of the population, which is an official IQ score of around 132, with the average being around 100. I am also interested in these mega IQ societies that accepts the top 1% of the population IQ's within the 150 - 200 range, and how these people adjust to society.

-Your friend LOD

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think anyone should take this test too seriously, it's just for fun. I've taken a few IQ tests online, and I don't put too much faith in them, although I did score roughly the same on all of the ones I've done.

LOD: I'd read on the Mensa site about the 2% figure, didn't know that translated to IQ of 132 though. If those online tests are to be believed, then I might have a chance, since I tend to test in the 130s. I wouldn't join unless it was free, though, and probably not even then, since there's no real benefit to doing so that I can see.

As for the 'mega IQ societies' with the 150-200, 1% range, I'd never heard of those, I thought Mensa was the 'top tier', so to speak. I might have to read up on those sometime, just to see what they're about.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The only word i could get out of it was ALIENATIBLS

new topics

top topics

join