It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You might be a Jarhead if...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
1. You don't think "smoking camels" has anything to do with cigarettes.
2. You don't think E-tools have anything to do with computers. (entrenching tool, aka mini shovel)
3. You ever thought about using an E-tool on your computer anyway.
4. You have fond memories of the phrase "Attack the chowhall".
5. You've ever said "screw Jessica Lynch" in a non-sexual context.
6. Deep down, you have pondered number 5 in a sexual context.
7. All you really need in your first aid kit is lysterine and "recruit tape". (it is a little known fact that lysterine cures conjunctivitis in under 48 hours).

Feel free to add to this

[edit on 23-4-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
You are might be a Jarhead if you read the above post and said WTF?

[edit on 05/4/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Am I a jar head if I think a Jarhead has something to do with Jars?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Grady, no offense intended, and I realize those are't all quite as relevant as some of the other Marine jokes floating around. Its just something that me and a guy I went through SOI with came up with while BSing around a while back.

Edit to add: some of that stuff is sort of recent, and some is sort of uncommon.
For example, one pervasive and rather amusing practice in boot these days is the use of lysterine mouthwash to cure pinkeye in the event that a recruit acquires it during range week. It hurts, but it saves you from failing. Using cloth-backed tape(aka recruit tape) for virtually everything may also be a new development.
Then some of it is basically plucked from experiences that a person may or may not have had unless he was under the same Drill Instructors and Combat Instructors as my friend and I. One of his DI's favorite stories was about camels wandering onto their firing range in Kuwait, (which did not always cause firing to cease). Then in SOI one of our combat instructors was obsessed with telling Jessica Lynch jokes.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
No offense taken, but most of those don't have much meaning to me. That may not be true of younger Marines.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
M.A.R.I.N.E.S. = My Ass Rides In Naval Equipment Sir!

A.R.M.Y. = Ain't Ready for the Marines Yet!
N.A.V.Y. = Need Ass Vaseline Yeoman?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
M.A.R.I.N.E.S. = My Ass Rides In Naval Equipment Sir!

A.R.M.Y. = Ain't Ready for the Marines Yet!
N.A.V.Y. = Need A** Vaseline Yeoman?

Thank you for not going with the ever-popular MARINE acronym: Muscles Are Required, Intelligence Not Expected.

Whenever we seemed sluggish or unhappy my drill instructor used to say that USMC stood for yoU Signed the Motha-freakin' Contract.

Unfortunately I haven't dreamed up any good airforce acronyms yet, so I just call them the Air Farce.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Unfortunately I haven't dreamed up any good airforce acronyms yet, so I just call them the Air Farce.

USAF = Unintelligible Stupid Ass Flyboys

top topics

join