It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This St Malachy thing is starting to get REAL freaky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yup. I woke up this morning and read this article...

Pope Predicted a Short Reign to Cardinals

More or less, it says that Pope Benedict and his brother do not foresee this papacy being a very long one, due to health concerns. Doesn't Pope Benedict's reign have to be a short one to make way for "Peter the Roman's " rise in the time period allotted (according to the prophecy)?

The article also gives this little bit of information, which could help explain the whole "Glory of the Olive" thing (I think it refers to peace AND his name)...

Benedict himself referred to his tenure in comments to cardinals just after his election Tuesday, when he explained his choice of name. Pope Benedict XV, who served from 1914 to 1922, worked to prevent World War I during his brief pontificate.

Chicago Cardinal Francis George said Ratzinger, who had repeatedly asked John Paul to let him retire, told the cardinals, ``I too hope in this short reign to be a man of peace.''

Some people have been referring to this whole St Malachy thing as self-fulfilling prophecies, which can be believable. However, if Benedict passes on early, I will begin to sweat pretty heavily.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yes Its True they Said It Wouldnt be a Short Reign but all Popes have done this...Its always Been if a Pope Lasts along time the next one they pick will be an older one with a Short Reign....Im Sure This has happened Times Before!

Also Id Check the other 15 Benedicts To See if any of those Belonged to the Olive Order...If they are Then The Prophecy Wouldnt make Sense Because the other Pope Could have beenthe One to end the World

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky003
Also Id Check the other 15 Benedicts To See if any of those Belonged to the Olive Order...If they are Then The Prophecy Wouldnt make Sense Because the other Pope Could have beenthe One to end the World

The Popes are prophesied in order, it's not about the world ending as soon as one's called Benny.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The Malachay predictions are an ancient fraud. And it wouldn't be surprising if Benedict didn't last long -- he's in ill health. However, he might last just long enough to cause a real big division in the church.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The Malachay predictions are an ancient fraud.

Can that be proved ?

PS.
Im not doubting of your word, i just would like to see foundation of that statement...
:-)

I have some ideas about fraud too.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by Krpano]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The Malachay predictions are an ancient fraud.

I, too, would like to know the basis for your claim that it is a fraud. If your basis is substantial, it would make Woodside sweat a bit less!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I found a reference to it being a fake here. I can't really vouch for the source though...

The prevailing view today is that they are elaborate forgeries, probably perpretrated by a school of Jesuits in the 1600s. This is based on the clear relation of the mottos to the various popes until that period, and the need to find oblique references (such as the motto of the Pope's home diocese) to make the particular motto fit the particular pope. The inclusion of anti-popes would also appear to militate against the authenticity of the prophecies.

For what it's worth.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
its a self fullfilling prophecy whether it originally started as a fraud is a mute point. The fact is that the Vatican is actively trying to fullfill it. It was no shock to me that the new Pope named himself Benedict XVI.

The Benedict order being that of the olive branch, and in this wild world of religious radicalism I am sure that he will propose (through instruction by the church) that the three shelters be constructed.

And yes I do believe that his time as a Pope will be 5 years or less.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The Malachay predictions are an ancient fraud. And it wouldn't be surprising if Benedict didn't last long -- he's in ill health. However, he might last just long enough to cause a real big division in the church.

i have great doubt in that statement...

prove it or dont say it...

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Can that be proved ?

Like many prophecies it can either be shoehorned to fit, or analyzed to death to be debunked.

He's 78 and in ill health....it doesn't take the gift of prophecy to see that this will be a short reign.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
either way Gazork, by ill health, being too old or he gets murdered the Vatican thought about all those options and selected the candidate that would best fullfill the prophecy. Ratzinger then gets a high probability score in have a short term due to any number of reasons. Even his hard line stance could make him a target from some liberal wacko.

Either way it is apparently self fullfilling.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

hmmm... if it is a fraud how an old monk know what anmes the Popes would choose? and he wasnt wrong once... thats what i call a good fraud

St Malachy Prophecy

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a little heads up for you guys: It says nothing about a short-term pope in the prophecy! The only pope it gives a real description of is "Petrus Romanus" Stop adding to the prophecy which has no link to Glory of an Olive

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
WWTS (What would Titor Say)

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
either way Gazork, by ill health, being too old or he gets murdered the Vatican thought about all those options and selected the candidate that would best fullfill the prophecy.

Why would the Vatican want to fullfill this prophecy? It's about the end of the church, it's not something they'd be looking forward to is it? Malachi was canonized as a Saint, so his prophecies have a lot of weight in the church - so much so that they added the last section to 'comfort the flock'. It doesn't refer to a future pope, it refers to the church itself - protecting it's flock until the end.

If Malachi didn't write it (there's proof he didn't by comparing the original), he never said it was the end of the world, tribulation, etc. He simply said this was the last pope in his vision, and that means the church ends or the office of 'pope' ends. The church would rather have you believe that it'll be around right up until the last trumpet sounds, and that's what they're saying in the addition to the prophecy.

"Petrus Romanus" = "The Rock of Rome" not "Peter the Roman". My translation: In extreme persecution, the Rock of Rome, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will feed it's flock until the day of the great judgement ---- In other words, don't panic we'll always be here, popes or no popes.

It seems to me they can't escape this prophecy even if they tried, Ratzinger claims to have based his whole life's ideals on Benedict XV and has already chosen "Peace" as his personal motto for his papacy - his papal coat of arms should be released soon, if not already, and odds are it'll have an olive branch on it.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hey, I 'discovered' a 'lost' prophecy in quatrain by Nostradamus!!

After the great turning of the second Millennium
A fierce terminator shall rule the Western state
Shortly begins a new seat in Rome when they are introduced
O fearsome words are spoken: Benedict - Arnold!

[edit on 23-4-2005 by turbonium]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is Benedict XVI's new "stemma" (coat of arms). I can't find a larger pic with more detail but it looks like two Olive Trees on yellow fields.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Does anyone know what Pope was in charge when these prophecies were made?

From what I've read about them they were made sometime in the 10th century and they predict 112 more Popes, the only problem I have is that there has already been over 125 different Popes since the beginning of the 10th century.

www.newadvent.org...

[edit on 23-4-2005 by legion]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
They were made during the reign of pope Innocent II (1130-1143AD) and listed the next 111 popes after him - Benedict XVI is Pope 111 (#265 from the first).

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I just found this article about Benedict XVI's coat of arms. Not lots of info but it's something.

www.nydailynews.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join