It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iraqi Hostages Dumped In River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The badly mutalated bodies of more than 50 Iraqi men, women and children have been found dumped in the river Tigris in the city of Suwayra, south of Baghdad. The bodies are believed to belong to hostages kidnapped from the nearby town of Madain.

news.bbc.co.uk
The bodies of more than 50 men, women and children have been recovered from the River Tigris in the town of Suwayra, south of Baghdad.

We discovered bags with the slaughtered children inside them - there were two girls, one was a student and the other was very young .

It is not clear when the killings took place, though police in the area told the BBC the bodies had been pulled from the river over a period since the end of February.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There is no need at all for this violence and murder in Iraq anymore.

I could understand if militants were angry with the coalition forces still occupying Iraq, but why turn against your own people.

Behavior like this only serves as a reminder to us all that our forces must stay in Iraq until all the people responsible for these and similar killings, are caught and brought to justice.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is very tragic indeed, is very sad that things like this happen daily in Iraq.

I wonder if the conflict between tribal groups will take now center stage alone with the violence against the troops, guards and Iraqi police.

It seems that these people don't value life when it comes to rivalry.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Just want to point out that they were not all found at one time.

It is not clear when the killings took place, though police in the area told the BBC the bodies had been pulled from the river over a period since the end of February.

This sort of thing always happens when one country invades another. Some people are labeled as collaberators and are killed. This is just one thing to keep in mind, among others, when planning to occupy another country.

I remember reading about the liberation of France in WW2, many people were killed and tortured for colaborating with the Germans.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I mean, besides the US mouthpiece "government" officials?

Could just as easily been the "coalition of the willing".

Rank & File grunts & professional servicemen will do their jobs......it's the interogators/Black Ops crews that are capable of this, and just as likely, if not more so, than "terrorists".

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I thought the same thing bout time...
but these victims showed signs of being lined up for slaughter...

While i am sure that many civilians were killed by coalition forces and blamed on the insurgents, I think they were usually accidental or from self defense...
I don't see them lining civilians up for firing squads...

At least I hope the coalition forces would never do such a nazi like action.

new topics

top topics

join