It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bets on Anti-Masonic Cardinal to be Next Pope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Wagering on the Papal election is a popular sport in much of Europe. Unexpectedly, betting has picked up on the contraversial Cardinal Giacomo Biffi, Bishop Emeritus of Bologna, who once called for the music of Mozart to be banned in churches because Mozart was a Mason. Strongly anti-Masonic, Biffi would streangthen the trend that has been in place since the Vatican banking scandal was linked to P2, a Masonic Lodge alledged to be running inside the Vatican.

www.newsmax.com
But does Pinnacle know something we don't?

The paper reports that as an influx of "bets were placed on Biffi in the past several days, the odds on the 76-year-old Italian had dropped to 50 to 1 by Wednesday."

If Biffi does win, it will be a sign that the Church leaders are trending more conservative.

Biffi is strongly anti-Masonic. He was quoted as saying Catholic churches should ban Mozart's music, as the composer was a Mason. The Church and the Masonic movement have long had an antagonistic relationship.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Meanwhile, even as the Cardinals go into Conclave, a judge in Rome will rule on the death of Roberto Calvi, a man known as 'God's banker' because of his close relationship with the Vatican. (see 1st news link below). Calvi's murder is alledged to have been committed in accordance with Masonic symbolism. It, and the related scandal over the conduct of the Vatican bank, cast a pall over the first several years of John Paul II's reign and caused speculation that John Paul I was murdered.

The election of a such a strongly anti-Masonic Pope would suggest that the Vatican intends to continue to "clean house."

Related News Links:
news.independent.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Pope John Paul I was assassinated!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Timely!

Whether him or someone else, the Vatican needs to be clean. I look forward to the puffs of smoke.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
No long odds here as it's 100% certain that no Pope for the next 200 years can be pro-Masonic. Institutions with strong missions like the Catholic Church don't philosophically get behind 'upstart' organizations perceived to compete for the hearts and minds of men. It negatively affactes collection plate takings.

Yes, place your wagers here. Who will offer me odds of, say, one hundred billion to one on the newly appointed Pope announcing on Day One "We support Freemasons worldwide"?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
MA, I'm not taking that on a bet.

This is a no-brainer.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
A comming uptick in the relations between the RCC and Masonry? Might be, might be. This guy isn't apparently much of a likely candidate, but then, what do any of us in ATS care about any betting?

A masonic and vatican news story invovling a murder banker, supression of music and a secret ballot!? Awesome!

I had been wondering the other day if perhaps the RCC could relax its rules on masonry and allow catholics to become masons. After all, masonry's biggest issue with the church was the non seperation of church and state, not really a problem today, but definitly a problem when bishops were generals and kings ruled by papal anointment. So with the problem gone, perhaps the tension could be gone.

If this guy gets to be pope (and remeber "those who go into the conclave as popes come out as cardinals"), the the Knights of Columbus might be in for some problems no?

whoa, just searched the KofC page for bifi, nothing, masonry, nothing, 'cept this:

Jacinta developed a special love for the Pope and always included him in her prayers and sacrifices. When she was in the prison cell of Ourem with the other two seers, surrounded by hardened criminals and threatened with torture and death by Masonic state officials who opposed the explosion of devotion provoked by the apparitions, she prayed

Masonry, the Vatican, and Fatima? Thats a conspiratorial triple play!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Whats wrong with masons?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That particular aspect, enighmatic messiah, is perhaps best discussed in the Secret Societies forum, which is where that topic is usually discussed.

Please note, I am not saying it has to be discussed there, but you might like to look at that forum for some background.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Nothing is wrong with Masons, per se (at least in my opinion). But the RCC has held that Catholics may not be Masons (although, in my experience, some are). More importatly, some in the Vatican evidently were when the Lodge known as P2 was operating (and running the Vatican bank? And offing John Paul I?)

It is unlikely that anyone elected Pope will be pro-Masonic, but to elect someone with such a very strong and very public position on the topic will send an entirely different signal, no?

Edited to add: Also, yeah, what Nygdan said just above.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by driley]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
i don't believe masons are all that good considering what the structure base of washington dc is all based on and the whole background of the spiritual rituals that were practiced but i don't feel that just because someone was of a certain background doesn't mean that we should ban their music and if i would pick a pope i just like the nigerian for pope

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Maybe they can come to a compromise:

The Masons can let the Vatican in on their secret rituals, and the Vatican brotherhood can let the masonsic brotherhood in on their secret rituals; now is the perfect time for the olive branch to be extended to the masons, and you never know, they just might find they have much in common.

top topics

join