It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military's Elite Hacker Crew

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Interesting stuff, I guess the next time you hear on the news about a region wide power outage or telecom going down, it could well be a planned attack.

Hmmm, cool stuff!

02:00 AM Apr. 18, 2005 PT

The U.S. military has assembled the world's most formidable hacker posse: a super-secret, multimillion-dollar weapons program that may be ready to launch bloodless cyberwar against enemy networks -- from electric grids to telephone nets.

The group's existence was revealed during a U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee hearing last month. Military leaders from U.S. Strategic Command, or Stratcom, disclosed the existence of a unit called the Joint Functional Component Command for Network Warfare, or JFCCNW.

www.wired.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
U.S. Military's Elite Hacker Crew

i guess the U.S. Military has something anti aginist everything... lol

wonder how many supercomputers they use in this Elite Hacker Crew
i just love that Elite Hacker Crew name lol

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
are these the same ELITE guys that cracked games on Amiga

i can hardly call it cool stuff though, maybe terrorism is more suitable?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Wouldn`t worry to much us military crap at fight and planning wars never mind organising IT computor wars ;P

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
They probably are caught hackers that are recruited to work for the pentagon. Can you imagine their talent combined with the supercomputers and tech of the pentagon

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Multi-million dollar budget + high level support from the Pentagon = One major force to be reckoned with
Sounds like the Pentagon is more on top of things than the movies portray it to be. I wonder if the military is offering training for this sort of stuff. If so I'd like to give it a shot.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if that northern power grid failure sumers ago. The one that left New York, Windsor and Detroit powerless. A training mission perhaps?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thats possible but I doubt the DOD would choose a target that could harm US citizens. Then again if they saw that the network was a potential target they may have wanted to evaluate the threat with a real live test. Either way it's a possibility.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
They'll hack games faster than the designers can create them!!!
Or mabye this is the new americas army creation team......

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The best hackers always tend to be self-taught. However, the CIA offers training in that type of stuff. If you want to work for the Pentagon in that stuff, go to the CIA and those types of gov't agencies, as they utilize the most advanced computer equipment. The military probably recruits from these various sources.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I always hear on the news about Hacker getting caught but not getting charged, I guess this is where they go. Isn't that something, you cause havoc for the government then they offer you a job

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
......... so that's how Half Life 2 got leaked..... :p
It's not a bad idea though especially with the difficulty of waging conventional war(politically, economically and militarily) these days. No doubt the enemy will know who's attacking them by deduction but the U.S. will have excellent deniability while sending the message of don't mess with us.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
......... so that's how Half Life 2 got leaked..... :p
It's not a bad idea though especially with the difficulty of waging conventional war(politically, economically and militarily) these days. No doubt the enemy will know who's attacking them by deduction but the U.S. will have excellent deniability while sending the message of don't mess with us.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think these guys got PO'd about been outed on ATS and decided to get a little revenge by sacking the site, lol, sorry couldn't resist hope they get the Bs.... who hacked the boards.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Is that why the forum was closed, I guess Big Brother doesn't want us to talk bout their Elite Hacker Crew(EHC).

new topics

top topics

join