It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was watching independence day. . .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
and i was wondering where it was shot, the parts for Groom Lake that is . . also what di the gov. have to say? did they make a big deal about it?

Velvet

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't think they said anything about it, if they did it would most probably give Area-51 more attention than the Government would have wanted.

IIRC at the time of shooting Independance Day I think the Government was still denying the base existed.

[edit on 17-4-2005 by Ultron10]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
IIRC?

what's that

Velvet

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
That scene was shot at Bonneville Salt Flats in the Utah west desert. TheRiverGoddess actually had the privelege to be a production assistant in the art department. She has the dog tags that Will Smith wore for the movie.

She's pretty cool...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1717
IIRC?

what's that

Velvet

If I Remember Correctly.

apc

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I watched a making of ID4 clip sometime somewhere. The producers/directors/writers whoever said they went to the Gov for help in details about Area 51, and were told they would receive some details if they removed every single reference to Area 51 from the script. They didnt so they didnt get any details, so the base in the movie is 100% fiction.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So, wait, this right here may be proof of how little I actually pay attention to the world around me, but did the government ever actually confirm the existance of Area 51?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yes, for a while they did. Now I believe they are denying it again. It's a bit silly to do it like that. They've done the same thing with CAG.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Area 51 used to exist. To put it correctly.

The government did not acknowledge its existence and then later deny its existence. Its existence ceased.

The 'Area' designations for these sites belonged to a system of classification designed by the Atomic Energy Commission, which also ceased to exist when the Department of Energy consumed its operations.

The term 'Area 51' no longer exists. The actual place still does. And no, what actually happened at Area 51 has never been acknowleged officially by the government.

If you want to learn more about Area 51 and government coverup in general, familiarize yourselves with the compartmentalized nature of the govenment, its bureaucracy, and the fact that it is designed in such a fashion that no one person or agency knows everything about everything.

Edit: If you want to look at a place that had more involvement in suspected alien crashes, see: Wright-Patterson Air Force Base

[edit on 26-4-2005 by DeltaChaos]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Area 51 used to exist. To put it correctly.

The government did not acknowledge its existence and then later deny its existence. Its existence ceased.

The 'Area' designations for these sites belonged to a system of classification designed by the Atomic Energy Commission, which also ceased to exist when the Department of Energy consumed its operations.

The term 'Area 51' no longer exists. The actual place still does. And no, what actually happened at Area 51 has never been acknowleged officially by the government.

If you want to learn more about Area 51 and government coverup in general, familiarize yourselves with the compartmentalized nature of the govenment, its bureaucracy, and the fact that it is designed in such a fashion that no one person or agency knows everything about everything.

Edit: If you want to look at a place that had more involvement in suspected alien crashes, see: Wright-Patterson Air Force Base

[edit on 26-4-2005 by DeltaChaos]

How right you are! Today the Area 51, is know only as Groom Lake (a nick name derived from it's location), or Dreamland (The Call Sign of the facility's Air Traffic Control Center). Research shows that the Term Area 51 was dropped from use in the 1960's.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wow great thread. But the question still remains, why the heck were you watching Independence Day?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1717
and i was wondering where it was shot, the parts for Groom Lake that is . . also what di the gov. have to say? did they make a big deal about it?

Clinton and Hilary mentioned that movie quiet a bit actually and said we'd be able to handle an invasion. Apparently he was a big fan of the movie.

www.presidentialufo.com...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
TheShroudOfMemphis

Maybe Clinton is not telling all that he knows

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This may be a little off topic but has anyone else noticed that in the scene where Goldblum is showing the Prez the countdown till attack, as soon as the screen cuts to it the clock ticks down from 9:12 to 9:11 waits for a sec and then clicks down to 9:10 as the screen cuts away.

I don't know, just seems that a movie about mass destruction has, of all number combinations, the infamous 9/11. Something for you conspiracy buffs I guess.

Probably just a coincidence.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i own that move ill watch it but from what i remember there is NO area 51 in the movie

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In the movie people are taking cover in Area 51 when the aliens start attacking there.

I remember this one line, when someone asked where Area 51 got all its funding, and the one Jewish guy says, "You don't think they spent $20,000 on a hammer, or $40,000 on a toilet seat?" Or something like that!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twix
i own that move ill watch it but from what i remember there is NO area 51 in the movie

dosnt will smith like capture that alien then tell the finds campervans and tells them to drive to area 51 and they say its not on the map but its actully their

i hope you under stand what i am on about i am sure they mention it but its been years since i saw it

also for all we know those people collecting on the streets saying please donate to the blind may be secrety collecting money for area 51 or others

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
They do go to Area 51, Steven Hilller/Will Smith flys over it in the main attack on the ship. The government/airforce refused to give advice/help on the film due to its in depth involvement with A51

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Here are the filming locations

www.imdb.com...

And other bits of info about ID

www.imdb.com...

By the way. Production assistants are credited here

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The government probably laughed when they saw that movie. They know that most of the worlds population doesn't believe nor what to even think of the possibility of aliens invading Earth. We are the minority that does.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join