It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem as the worlds capital........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Israeli opposition leader Shimon Peres, a former Israeli prime minister, is proposing Jerusalem be declared the capital of the world as a way of getting around competing Israeli and Arab claims to the city.

According to his spokesman, Yoram Dori, the dovish leader of Israel's opposition Labor Party suggested putting the important religious shrines in Jerusalem under United Nations stewardship. He said the holy sites in Jerusalem's walled Old City could be declared a "world capital."

The Maariv daily said Peres raised the idea Monday with visiting Russian officials.

The "world capital" idea appeared to be largely symbolic. According to Maariv, Peres proposed that the U.N. secretary-general be declared mayor, in which capacity he would appoint Jewish and Arab deputy mayors to administer the two sides' intertwined neighborhoods. Kofi Annan is the current secretary-general of the U.N.

more from here....

www.worldnetdaily.com...

[Edited on 7/24/2003 by helen670]

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Interesting find but I don't think it's possibe.

If there was going to be a world capital, you can be sure it would be in the US and EU. They would want it in America or Europe. Jerusalem isn't stable enough to house a world goverment.

Why would the UN Secretary General step down as the leader of the current world government?

Also, I don't see any connection between Annan and the NWO.
America desn't need the UN.
Why does the NWO need them?

Plus the whole fight is over a little area of land about the size of 10 square blocks. All they fight over is the Temple Mount/Dome of the Rock area.

Tassadar

[Edited on 25-7-2003 by Tassadar]

[Edited on 15-10-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Jerusalem as the world Capital ? Not a """bit""" egocentric ?

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If this were ever to happen imagine the amount of negativity in that area that people would die every day, numerous! Arabs would feel low and inferior and mad because thier Palistine was not created then take it on the jew then america, then the world.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Here is a talk given by Father Seraphim Rose in Santa Cruz in 1981 ..........this talk was about the end of times and the Antichrist........

Another sign of the times of the end which is approaching is the present state of the Jews in Israel, in the city of Jerusalem.
According to the prophecies of Scripture and the Holy Fathers of the Orthodox Church, Jerusalem will be the world capital of Antichrist.
And there he will rebuild the temple of Solomon, in which he will be worshipped as God. This is one of the events which comes near the very end of the world. Of course, it is very significant that only since 1948 has Jerusalem been once more in the hands of the Jews. Only since 1967 has the place where the temple was, beneath the Mosque of Omar, been in the hands of Jews, because that was in the part which was held by the Moslems.

If you were to ask anyone who is aware at all of political events in the world a question as to what would be the ideal city to have as the world capital, if there is going to be a world empire, it is obvious what the answer would be.
It cannot be New York, because it is the center of capitalism.
It cannot be Moscow because it is the center of communism.
It cannot even be Rome, because Roman Catholicism is still some kind of limited tradition.
The logical place is Jerusalem, because there three religions and continents come together.
It is the logical place where there can be peace, brotherhood and harmony, all of which will seem to look good but unless they have a solid Christian foundation they are not God-pleasing. Those things which can be used by Antichrist.
Another aspect of the Jewish question is that many young Jews are becoming interested in Christianity, because among the Jews also there is the same kind of religious seeking and problems which occur among other people, and some of these Jews are being converted to Christianity; some are coming even to Orthodoxy. This is already a sign and preparation for the fact that at the end of time the Jews will be restored to Christianity. /. . . /

www.roca.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
That is exactly what the Bible declares it shall be, where the Anti-Christ shall setup his throne in. Remember the New World Order shall come in peaceble but will last for only a short time, deception is the name of the game and Arab and Jew both want this city as their capitol, a third temple has yet to be built in which this false christ will declare himself more than a ruler, a God. I believe it will become as it is the center for peace in our world that extremist have called themselves to destroy. Jerusalem shall be a cup of trembling sorrow, until a 7 year contract for peace is made. So Daniel's 70 th week is upon a city not the people of Israel, upon Jerusalem is this judgement declared, signs (like Mel Gibson's movie?)

Michael

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
That's exactly why I disproove of it.

Humanity has a natural instict to survive. If Jerusalem becomes the world capital, Humanity's time is limited to 7 years.

GAME OVER

I'll try to prevent it a long as possible,
You should too,
Tassadar

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I definently see it happening. Apparently plans have already been made that the pope will declare all religions as one in Jerusalem.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Thats "if" one decides to believe in end-time prophecies.
I mean there are like hundreds of end-time prophecies out there....
Then one has to take into acount which is correct.
Then one has to determine which is correctly interpretated.
Then one has to determine which one is interpreted by inspiration of God.
Each religion asserts that their end-time prophecies are inspired by God and are interpreted correctly....
The list goes one....

Signs or no signs....when the times comes....we will all know. I pray and await, but till then I will live a life in the grace of God.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
bad idea,
It seems to me that it would anger alot of other countrys.

Deep

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
bad idea,
It seems to me that it would anger alot of other countrys.

Deep

Hi ZeroDeep.......
Actually the opposite would occur!
It makes sense to bring all the religions together in the city of Jerusalem because there all major religions fit in perfectly!

And when the Antichrist comes about, he will give all the religions his approval!
He will pretend to love everything they stand for and will
make it his home .......he will proclaim himself as God and all people to worship him as God.
helen..,.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There is no way the capital of the world will be jerusalem, it sucks there. I thought the bible said something about rebuilding the city of Babylon.Where does it say it will be Jerusalem? You guys are getting to many scriptures mixed up and changed around. Has anyone ever noticed the false christianity of the catholic church tends to do this often?

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I see it more as a Christian world capital more than anything.
And basing it on the Anti-Christ......Come one Helen?
No offence but Is it not Christians that first believed the earth was flat?, earth was the center of the universe, the coming of the Anti..................
Deep

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I agree that it is an interesting idea. A world capitol how though?
Only as the associative 'source' of conjecture unto a faith or religion as Mecca is to people can I see it that way. A capitol is in and of itself what by definition?

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Try and stop it!

Besides it does not mean the end of the world or humanity. It means the end of life as we know it though.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It will happen Helen ....just as you stated.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I doubt that.
I think its extremely ego-centric, and would cause an extreme amount of problems in that area like the other members stated.
Deep

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
*cough* PROPHECY *cough*

But how can that happen? Right now we're on the verge of WWIII, a world capital at this moment would be pointless.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
If a man would say on TV, CNN live exclusive that He is God and that everyone should worship him, how many would actually do that? How many would laugh their a$$es of? How many wouldnt care cause they dont believe in the prophecy? How many would never hear of the event cause they live in poor villages with no TV, radio or any contact with outside world?
Those prophecies have one flaw, they all assume that people will follow.. what if they dont? what then? Are we actually living in the endtimes? What if the end times are in 1000 years? Or what if God changed his mind? ( I asked if this is possible in another thread)

To declare Jerusalem as world capital wont have much influence on the world, simply because most people dont care. Its a nice gesture in trying to bring peace in that region but it wont have a world wide impact.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
If a man would say on TV, CNN live exclusive that He is God and that everyone should worship him, how many would actually do that? How many would laugh their a$$es of? How many wouldnt care cause they dont believe in the prophecy? How many would never hear of the event cause they live in poor villages with no TV, radio or any contact with outside world?
Those prophecies have one flaw, they all assume that people will follow.. what if they dont? what then? Are we actually living in the endtimes? What if the end times are in 1000 years? Or what if God changed his mind? ( I asked if this is possible in another thread)

To declare Jerusalem as world capital wont have much influence on the world, simply because most people dont care. Its a nice gesture in trying to bring peace in that region but it wont have a world wide impact.

Yes it would....like the vatican......Where Roman Catholisism is based....the Pope
If the world capital was in Jerusalem and 'God ' did return ,(which wont happen because He will be seen in the clouds by all man)then it would get World Wide attention......
Not saying that God will be in Jerusalem but that the worlds capital of religion will be based in Jerusalem......all religions come together in Jerusalem......and PEACE is always spoken of .......
People don't have to follow anyone.....but we all have to abide by rules and laws that our own country has.....and if we do not.......we know what awaits us...
Let's say murder.....it's a crime! Is it not?
Well ,the law sais no murder....you get caught and you get sentenced....
That's how it will be for all mankind!
There will be two paths that you will choose...
The narrow one.......
or the Wide path........
The article that I posted is that of the 'end of times'' WHEN that time is...God only knows!!!..
BUT we are given signs and prophecy to know and be forewarned......it is ''free will'' to all of MAN to accept what is written...........
helen....

[Edited on 10/15/2003 by helen670]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join