It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Fool" - A short video featuring a harmonica-playing guy blasted by a UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I don't remember the details that could help more than the details I do remember. I'm looking for a short video that is hilarious. I saw it online x amount of years ago and I shared it possibly here as it was germane to the UFO enthusiasts that make this forum such a pleasure to participate in. Here are the few details that I remember. The short film is titled "The Fool" possibly so named for the main character. He is a young man that plays the harmonica. Somehow, he encounters a UFO that eventually emits musical notes. Our young man starts imitating the sounds starting a sort-of duel with the UFO. Frankly, the guy is irritating and whoever is piloting the UFO must have felt the same way 'cause he is zapped by a ray from the UFO. When that happens ROTHFLMAO! And you thank the UFO.

I've done extensive Internet searches with zero results, as if it never existed. I should have taped it but sometimes one doesn't think. Are you familiar with this and could you provide a source?

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: EduardoLopez
that sounds amusing. Used to play the harmonica quite a bit. Never knew it was
that annoying to all around me :-)

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Sounds vaguely familiar to the Twighlight Zone episode Hocus Pocus and Frisby, which is worth a watch if you've never seen it.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I’ve asked if anyone remembers this vid as well about a year ago…..someone else here said they thought they knew where to find it…..and would post its location…..but never did.

As I remember….the encounter took place off the side of the desert road…,leading to LA…..and it wasn’t a harmonica ….it was a self powered organ/synthesize keyboard.

Good Luck 🍀

👽☕️🍩

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The harmonica is strong with this one!

Not what you were looking for but hilarious nonetheless.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The only musical duel with a UFO that comes to mind is this one, from Close Encounters. I like the part where one note from the UFO shatters the big wall of glass, lol.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind: Communicating with music

By the way, that's the same UFO I used in my avatar.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

😂🤣😂🤣👍🏼👍🏼

👽🍻

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rdambroso

I owned many chromatic harmonicas which I played only well enought to entertain myself but others as well. No one ever complained. The guy in the film drove a convertible and he may have had a big boombox or a small keyboard synthesizzer on the rear seat, not sure. His musical duel with the UFO was reminiscent of the similar scene in the film "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

I’ve asked if anyone remembers this vid as well about a year ago…..someone else here said they thought they knew where to find it…..and would post its location…..but never did.

As I remember….the encounter took place off the side of the desert road…,leading to LA…..and it wasn’t a harmonica ….it was a self powered organ/synthesize keyboard.

Good Luck 🍀

👽☕️🍩

If you can remember, further, what was your reason for asking about "The Fool"?

You could be right about his instrument being a self powered organ/synthesizer keyboard. I remember him using his left hand to signal the UFO to wait while he found the right keys with his right hand to match the tones, or his own counter-tones, being emitted by the UFO. In my opinion the guy gave an award-winning performance. I wish I could remember his name as it would help getting more info about the film. I seriously wonder why there's nothing on the Internet about this hilarious short film or on this forum 'cause I know I could not have failed to post it for all to enjoy. Thanks for the correction.

I wish my 86-year-old memory bank could be accessed for a simple withdrawal especially since I do remember some important scenes.

edit on 10-5-2024 by EduardoLopez because: To add corrected material.

edit on 10-5-2024 by EduardoLopez because: To correct grammar.

edit on 10-5-2024 by EduardoLopez because: Add & correct.

edit on 10-5-2024 by EduardoLopez because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Sounds vaguely familiar to the Twighlight Zone episode Hocus Pocus and Frisby, which is worth a watch if you've never seen it.

I've seen that episode many times but it bears no semblance to "The Fool" which is a knee-slapper. Thanks.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

The harmonica is strong with this one!

Not what you were looking for but hilarious nonetheless.

That scene gives a new meaning to the word "weird"!

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
The only musical duel with a UFO that comes to mind is this one, from Close Encounters. I like the part where one note from the UFO shatters the big wall of glass, lol.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind: Communicating with music

By the way, that's the same UFO I used in my avatar.

I even did a YT search for these search terms: "The Fool" parody of Close Encounters of the Third Kind: Communicating with music - nothing!

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I have found recently that youtube search is worse than useless.
I have typed in the EXACT name of a youtube video in youtube search, and youtube search DID NOT FIND IT!!!

Then I tried a regular search engine like google or google-based startpage, typed in the name of the youtube video, and added site:youtube.com, and the google search engine found it. If you're searching for a forum post, sometimes google will include some results that startpage doesn't, even though both are google based.

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

There is a new sheriff in town and it’s called AI.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I to wanted to see it again….but I couldn’t find it……I even posted about it….but I don’t remember in which of my 5000+ posts it is in this forum.

ATS doesn’t have a way to view all your individual posts….just your own individual threads.

I recall posting a reply about it to someone else’s thread…who posted the vid.

👽

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

I have found recently that youtube search is worse than useless.
I have typed in the EXACT name of a youtube video in youtube search, and youtube search DID NOT FIND IT!!!

Then I tried a regular search engine like google or google-based startpage, typed in the name of the youtube video, and added site:youtube.com, and the google search engine found it. If you're searching for a forum post, sometimes google will include some results that startpage doesn't, even though both are google based.

I tried every imaginable source, various search terms, etc., without success. All that comes up is mainly tarot -connected and many other sources using the same title. I even tried the Internet Archive. This failure stumps me.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

I to wanted to see it again….but I couldn’t find it……I even posted about it….but I don’t remember in which of my 5000+ posts it is in this forum.

ATS doesn’t have a way to view all your individual posts….just your own individual threads.

I recall posting a reply about it to someone else’s thread…who posted the vid.

👽

And, yet, the search engine here failed to find the title under my various names or any thread by others. It's mistifying.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I’m guessing this is the video you’re looking for
edit on 12-5-2024 by Hurtz99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Hurtz99
But, but, but...Steven Greer said they were all friendly! Though his credibility has been questioned.

Lol, that's the first time I saw that short.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hurtz99

Much Thanks!!!

It’s now downloaded to my library….and also bookmarked.

I’m still laughing……they used the Bob Lazar…..”Sport Model”…as he called it.

Testors plastic model

It’s funny how people remember things…….the OP remembered the Harmonica…… I remembered the portable keyboard….when in fact it was both 😄

👽🍻
edit on 12-5-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join