It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts to be renamed next year

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

from the article I read..Not sure of the veracity of it
In the 1980s, there were over 4 million enrolled in scouts. Today the woke organization boasts that it “serves just over 1 million young people, including more than 176,000 girls and teens.”

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rdambroso

from the article I read..Not sure of the veracity of it
In the 1980s, there were over 4 million enrolled in scouts. Today the woke organization boasts that it “serves just over 1 million young people, including more than 176,000 girls and teens.”

I am going to go out in a limb and suggest a drop from 40 years ago isn't being caused by something that happened this week.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Justoneman
No such thing as Atheist. Everybody worships something or someone. That is why the God of Abraham and Isaac said to not have any other before him. Claiming Atheism is just saying you haven't declared it, and you force us to guess.

originally posted by: Annee
Let’s see how inclusive they are when an atheist wants to join.

So far, it’s been a flat NO.

However, statistically for the first time “Nones” have beat out “believers”.

The UK scouts even have a atheist version of scout promise.

The American scouts should try joining this century.

noun
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

Yes there is such a thing as an atheist.

so called atheists at bare minimum worship themselves. There are no such things as a human that doesn't believe something is the most special thing above all else.

I posted the definition of atheist.

If you are using it in your own special way it makes conversation difficult.

I am keeping it real like the leftists do. I define it as no human is incapable of thinking SOMETHING is the MOST of all of us. So it is made up in fact and can have any definition. So I have helped organize these facts for you, and you are welcome.

edit on 10000000213120245America/Chicago05pm5 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well, they already did that to some of them. If they are going against the principles that matter as they are, they deserve to go the way of the dodo bird, extinct. When what was working for over a century is not their theme now, then they have left their lane. Change to satisfy woke is not good change, period. Turning from tradition because of "inclusion" is wrong. There is nothing stopping someone from starting their own idea like it and compete to see which is better.

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: Lumenari

Well, that's certainlly mature of him. Screw the kids, amirite?

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I understand your amygdala is going into overdrive because change is scary and nothing good can come of it ever.

Sometimes it amazes me humanity ever made it out of the caves.

You're boxing shadows, and have never even met these new kids who are interested in Scouts, you just watch the televsion, read the internet and suddenly you know everything because no one ever skews information to suit their personal agenda and makes mountains out of molehills.

Are you scared one of them is going to bust out with a flamboyant and hypersexualized drag show to entertain everyone over the campfire?

Are you afraid they're going to throw the system into chaos and start complaining there isn't a Pride Merit Badge or some nonsense?

It's ok. You can be honest. This is a safe space.

Tell us what you really fear.

Take all the time you need.
edit on 5/11/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Yeah, I saw that. Sad. There are boys and girls so there should be separate boy scouts and girl scouts. That doesn't disenfranchise anyone and it gives kids a chance to do their scouting comfortably with their own gender and not be distracted. Common sense says they should leave it alone the way it is ... which is why some woke yo-yo wants to change it.

Hmm, well, while I think the gender ideology is #@#$!@#$!!!!!!, I would imagine just having boys and girls together scouting should probably be a good thing? What exactly IS the point of separating them? Assuming there were not gender craziness going on (and full admission, I'm gay and I really don't give a crap about any of it), why SHOULD they be separated?

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Yes. They were good people, and treated us decently. We were outsiders from a neighboring state. They were a tribe with rules for which I was not willing to comply. Those rules probably should not have extended to scouting, but did. It is not unusual for a tribe of folk to spread their dogma and beliefs throughout all their organizations, including government. I didn't think badly of them then, and don't now. My 13-year-old mindset was simply incompatible with their belief-based rules. Nobody's fault. I would like to have achieved Eagle Scout. It was my choice.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

My bad apparently is used as a flavor enhancer.

I take it you feel the same way about the likes of hotdogs?

Because there is nothing good in there nether and yet..........

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join