It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts to be renamed next year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Next year the name will be changed to Scouting America to be more inclusive ( or maybe to try and avoid the several pending lawsuits brought about by abusive scout leaders over the years ?) youtu.be...

+1 more 
posted on May, 9 2024 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw that. Sad. There are boys and girls so there should be separate boy scouts and girl scouts. That doesn't disenfranchise anyone and it gives kids a chance to do their scouting comfortably with their own gender and not be distracted. Common sense says they should leave it alone the way it is ... which is why some woke yo-yo wants to change it.
edit on 5/9/2024 by FlyersFan because: typo spelling

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Why not keep original names even if girls are present?
The human brain has a tendency to make names abstract and not see them as literal.
That's why surnames are just surnames and not a description of the person whose name it is.

Boy scouts is what this organisation is called, it doesn't mean anything if girls are also present. Just like you can have a KFC here in the UK, you can eat Madeira cake anywhere in the world, Mr. Swanson isn't the son of a swan etc.

All these names are doing is showing you their origins, which is interesting in itself, a history lessons for those who are interested.
In day to day life, they become just names for something.
Sometimes, someone may ask why they are called boy scouts when there are girls in it too.
Then they can be told that the scouts used to be separate.
This may or may not get the asker thinking.
No problem.

The obsession of woke left to concentrate only on outward descriptions just confirms that they have no inner workings, no thoughts, no insight, (no soul ?).
They cannot imagine that others understand concepts without outer identity.

To be good is to them to say the things they believe others consider good without understanding them.

They remind me of aliens in human suits, who desperately try to act like us but don't really get the way we actually think.

🤔

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

There already is a separate group for boys and girls.. girls in scouting isn't something new tho when I was in scouts over 20 some odd years now we had two girls in our group that went the whole way from beavers to ventures. I'm still friends with one of them.

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

they didn't have "girl scouts" in your town? And nobody chuckled when the girls got their "beaver" rank?

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: FlyersFan

There already is a separate group for boys and girls.. girls in scouting isn't something new tho when I was in scouts over 20 some odd years now we had two girls in our group that went the whole way from beavers to ventures. I'm still friends with one of them.

What about the boys who identify as girls and vice versa? Has anyone thought another this?

edit on 9-5-2024 by Kekrops because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
An old institution of training for youths that we see little of these decades as a screen of one size or another rules today's children. I'm happy to report that one of my son-in-laws, a Boy Scout well into his high school days, went on to become a police officer, a Marine helicopter pilot and eventually a full, Marine colonel.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicFocus
An old institution of training for youths that we see little of these decades as a screen of one size or another rules today's children. I'm happy to report that one of my son-in-laws, a Boy Scout well into his high school days, went on to become a police officer, a Marine helicopter pilot and eventually a full, Marine colonel.

It's not as cool as it was long time ago.
Now things have changed and young people have different interests and priorities.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Lord Robert Baden Powell, who started the Scouts, was English.

It has been called the Worldwide Scouting Movement since 1909.

Many European Scouting groups have been co-educational since the 1970's.

edit on 2024-05-09T06:33:39-05:0006Thu, 09 May 2024 06:33:39 -050005am00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They had girl guides, which just turned into Guides or guiding... just like boy scouts turned into scouts Canada, or just scouts, or scouting.

It really isn't that big of a deal.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Lord Baden Powell, who started the Scouts, was English.

And?

There are more serious issues when boys and girls mix up. We all know it's not good for scouting.
edit on 9-5-2024 by Kekrops because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kekrops

And?

There are more serious issues when boys and girls mix up. We all know it's not good for scouting.

Actually, it hasn't been a problem as far as I know.

Just like co-educational schools aren't a problem.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   

And?

For scouting is a problem.
But there are many more problems with today's young people. Boys identifying as girls, then girls identifying as boys... This complicates a lot of things including scouting.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   

And?

Why is it not good for scouting?
edit on 9-5-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

And?

Because scouting isn't like attending school.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

And?

Because scouting isn't like attending school.

Lots of things aren't like attending school.

That doesn't answer why you think it's bad for scouting?

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   

"Problem"?? No.

But it was nice that boys had a place to go to be with other boys and bond together without the distraction of girls, and that girls had a place to go and bond together with other girls without the distraction of boys. It was nice. Just like there are advantages to having an all girls high school or an all boys high school .... having the schools mixed isn't a 'problem' ... but having them separate takes away the distraction and can lead to a better learning environment.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kekrops

As I stated earlier over 20 years ago I was in a co ed scout group, nothing funny happened. And we did a lot of camping, portage trips, etc. The girls kept up, one of them I actually preferred as a partner for portage trips because she didn't complain and knew exactly what to do. I'm still friends with her and she's one hell of a outdoorsman.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   

We get female soldiers in this day and age.

Girl Scouts won't be a problem imho.

Where I'm from they were/are called Brownies.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

"Problem"?? No.

But it was nice that boys had a place to go to be with other boys and bond together without the distraction of girls, and that girls had a place to go and bond together with other girls without the distraction of boys. It was nice. Just like there are advantages to having an all girls high school or an all boys high school .... having the schools mixed isn't a 'problem' ... but having them separate takes away the distraction and can lead to a better learning environment.

Kids yhese days bond perfectly well without distinction of gender. While there are as always exceptions I don't see the particular need or benefit to split them up in most cases.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join