It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfizer agrees to settle over 10,000 Zantac lawsuits after cancer causing substance found in drug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 01:33 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Pfizer has agreed to settle more than 10,000 lawsuits about cancer risks related to the now discontinued heartburn drug Zantac, Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the deal.

In 2020, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration asked drugmakers to pull Zantac and its generic versions off the market after a cancer-causing substance called NDMA was found in samples of the drug.

Let's see what this piece of news is telling us. Pfizer, the well-known pharmaceutical company that wanted to save the world from COVID and produce safe and effective vaccines, has created the well known drug Zantac, used for heartburns, using a cancer-causing substance as part of the formula. That can't be true! Pfizer using cancer-causing substances as part of their efforts to help people with a range of health problems?

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 01:38 AM
link   
www.webmd.com...

Famotidine (Zantac) is known as an H2 blocker. It works by reducing the amount of acid in your stomach. It is used to prevent and treat heartburn and other symptoms caused by too much acid in the stomach (acid indigestion).

Possible side effects

Headaches, diarrhea, constipation.

It says that many people who use this drug don't have serious side effects. It forgot to mention that some people may get cancer because of a cancer causing substance the drug contains.

edit on 9-5-2024 by Kekrops because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kekrops

But wait there's more!!! "We have developed at great cost a method using MrNA technology to cure any cancers that our previous mistakes have caused" I guess the Amazonian Witch Doctor was right.... "If you go to the city the food will make you sick and they will charge you to get better"

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: annonentity

But wait there's more!!! "We have developed at great cost a method using MrNA technology to cure any cancers that our previous mistakes have caused" I guess the Amazonian Witch Doctor was right.... "If you go to the city the food will make you sick and they will charge you to get better"

No doubt about it!

Some substances they use cause cancer and some other cure cure cancer (allegedly).
edit on 9-5-2024 by Kekrops because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:45 AM
link   
www.cancer.ox.ac.uk...

11 December 2023

The first patient in Oxfordshire has been treated in an mRNA cancer vaccine trial at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation trust (OUH). The trial, led locally by Dr Ketan Shah, consultant clinical oncologist at OUH, marks a significant milestone in the national cancer vaccine advance.

It's not just Pfizer experimenting with mRNA cancer vaccines.

My question is since when do we vaccinated against cancer? Cancer is not infectious and contagious.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Well I guess I'm f'ed then. Having used this for a number of years. Headaches every day. Diarrhea 3 to 4 times every day. Plus the Pfizer for Covid.

Starting to sort out my will.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Step 1: Profit from drugs that have cancer causing agents in them.
Step 2: Profit from drugs that treat cancer.

Pfizer is betting big on cancer drugs to turn business around after Covid decline – here’s what to know

Now, the company is betting on cancer drugs to help it regain its footing after a rocky year marked by the rapid decline of its Covid business. It just might take a while before that bet pays off.

Pfizer pitched its deeper push into oncology during a four-hour investor event last week. And it had a splashy 60-second Super Bowl ad that touted its initiative to “outdo cancer.”

The shift comes at a crucial time for Pfizer. The pharmaceutical giant has been trying to shore up investor sentiment after its shares fell more than 40% in 2023. That share drop erased more than $100 billion in Pfizer’s market value.

edit on 9-5-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There is no more justice. We live in a time where a corporation can just pay a sum of money for ruining lives.
These fines are minuscule compared to their profits, so they essentially pay people hush money and continuing business as usual.

How is creating cancer and treating it any different from funding both sides of a war for profit? Ones illegal but the other isn’t?

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Well I guess I'm f'ed then. Having used this for a number of years. Headaches every day. Diarrhea 3 to 4 times every day. Plus the Pfizer for Covid.

Starting to sort out my will.

Kind regards,

bally

Is this some form of weird sarcasm?

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

Pfizer is betting big on cancer drugs to turn business around after Covid decline – here’s what to know

Now, the company is betting on cancer drugs to help it regain its footing after a rocky year marked by the rapid decline of its Covid business. It just might take a while before that bet pays off.

Pfizer pitched its deeper push into oncology during a four-hour investor event last week. And it had a splashy 60-second Super Bowl ad that touted its initiative to “outdo cancer.”

The shift comes at a crucial time for Pfizer. The pharmaceutical giant has been trying to shore up investor sentiment after its shares fell more than 40% in 2023. That share drop erased more than $100 billion in Pfizer’s market value.

The major issue is the way ordinary people think about it after they have lost trust. Loss of trust is something the pharmaceuticals never thought it will happen or happen to this extent. And rightfully so to be fair.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
There is no more justice. We live in a time where a corporation can just pay a sum of money for ruining lives.
These fines are minuscule compared to their profits, so they essentially pay people hush money and continuing business as usual.

How is creating cancer and treating it any different from funding both sides of a war for profit? Ones illegal but the other isn’t?

I know it doesn't make any sense but they can claim they are working for the benefit of humanity and sometimes to kill cancerous cells you may end up create it when you use powerful chemical or radiation as another example. But who will trust them?

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermont6

Trust has to be earned and maintained.

Manufactured trust is an illusion that is more akin to belief.

edit on 9-5-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Vermont6

Trust has to be earned and maintained.

Manufactured trust is an illusion that is more akin to belief.

You are very correct.
They demand trust and that's not the way it happens.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here's what I would do as president:

Help enact new laws that basically say this -- if your product kills people, or causes serious health issues, you lose the right to exclusively sell that product and it becomes public domain, basically open source. Everyone now gets to pitch in and fix it and make it better, but you don't get to make any more money off it once you killed people with it.

Meaning once Monsanto killed people with RoundUp, it no longer has the right to sell roundup. Bayer can't just buy them and keep selling it. It is now open source for everyone to build on and make better.

You don't want your research and proprietary knowledge to go out into the open? Fine, then make sure your products won't kill anyone before you make money off it.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermont6

The major issue is the way ordinary people think about it after they have lost trust. Loss of trust is something the pharmaceuticals never thought it will happen or happen to this extent. And rightfully so to be fair.

Xantac, that's horrible.

I hope people are losing trust but I wonder. One of my arguments to people wanting the jab was to not trust the pharmaceutical companies. For example, Johnson and Johnson had asbestos in their baby powder even though the government told them to take it out thirty years ago with no follow-up on either side. BABY POWDER! They said, yeah, I know but . . . .

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

No jail time?

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If this company is so bad why is it not being closed? Is it that cheap to play with peoples lives? Just pay the money and you can do whatever you want? That's not law. That's bribery. "I paid money so shut your mouth!"
edit on 9-5-2024 by jofafot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

HELLZ YEA!!!!! FACTS!! ALL WE NEED IS THIS LAW BUT WILL WASHINGTON EVER ENACT IT, UNFORTUNATELY 4 US, PROLLY NOT!!!!
edit on 10-5-2024 by DragonGod77 because: FIXED

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: annonentity

Or from the western philosophy.

Problem. Reaction. Solution.

The war on the taxpayer continues.
edit on 10-5-2024 by Dalamax because: Tax. Talk about funding the enemy.

new topics

top topics

join