It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Texas Instantly Shuts Down Anti Israel Protests

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

When one if these riot officers gets a little overzealous and pulls a Kent State will you also be supporting that?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   

You never answered me when I asked how many UT protesters said they were going to do exactly what Columbia did.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Yep like another 9/11 or another October attack on Israel.

Yep, nothing to see here, words are words.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Threats do not step on the rights of others..

When people make terrorist threats they get arrested.
Police don't have to wait for the terrorist to actually commit the crime.
The protestors at Columbia, the ones that the UT students are in solidarity with,
made terrorizing threats against Jewish students and faculty.
UT made sure that didn't happen on their campus.

If Columbia had just been protesting against the government of Israel,
then UT wouldn't have had any reason to shut down the protests
on their own campus. But no ... the situation in COlumbia is so
dangerous that the rabbi told Jewish students to go home and stay
there, and the school itself shut down inperson classes because of
the danger.

UT acted in a smart way, making sure that the students were safe
and that everyone could get the college education they paid for.

edit on 4/25/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: network dude

Absolutely. I even pointed out to flyersfan it was their right to call for the government to crack down on these people. Because that’s speech.

I just wanted to clarify that for all to read. thanks.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Shouldn't you be able to show all the peaceful non-threatening protests going on?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Does anybody have the ratio of outside agents provocateurs / actual students or workers at each university partaking in the protests? 😃

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Shouldn't you be able to show all the peaceful non-threatening protests going on?

What threats were made at UT?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Anti Jewish - pro Hamas arguments are really getting into deep red herring territory 😃 at least try harder and use your drama lessons better.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: theatreboy

Yep like another 9/11 or another October attack on Israel.

Yep, nothing to see here, words are words.

Well, maybe our tax dollars should go to protecting the US, and not other countries.

And 9/11 and Oct 7 are apples being compared to Dodos.

When you are talking about people protesting, saying whatever does not matter until actions begin.

Intel agencies monitoring terrorists, is a different animal

And I 100% agree with you that the University did nothing to protect Jewish members.

When they started physically blocking students/staff, damaging property,etc....arrest them. But their words mean nothing.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You never answered me when I asked how many UT protesters said they were going to do exactly what Columbia did.

Musta missed that. I have no idea. The purpose stated was to be in solidarity with Columbia and what they were doing. And that's what was being set up and starting to run when it got shut down.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Does anybody have the ratio of outside agents provocateurs / actual students or workers at each university partaking in the protests? 😃

On the COlumbia thread I posted info showing some arrests .. and one arrest article had 3/4 of that particular arrest were verified not to be students. They were adults who had Muslim names and/or Muslim backgrounds ... like one was born and raised in Lebanon, went to school in London, and worked for an Arab newspaper. That kind of thing.
edit on 4/25/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:06 AM
link   

What threats were made at UT?

They broke the rules and got arrested for unlawful assembly and trespassing. They said they were going to be doing the same thing that COlumbia did, which was full of threats and intimidation and made campus so dangerous that it had to be shut down. UT disbursed the crowd before it could carry through with the threat to become just like COlumbia, which was full of threats.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Probably in the FBI list of terrorist instigators, they are not even American born, but coming from terrorist sponsoring countries.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Musta missed that. I have no idea. The purpose stated was to be in solidarity with Columbia and what they were doing. And that's what was being set up and starting to run when it got shut down.

So Columbia decides to have a protest against how the school is funded, and wants to get entities affiliated with the war out of the funding.

I have no doubt some of the protesters took it too far in what they said, happens at almost every protest.

UT decides they’re going to have a similar protest so their school divests from entities they disagree with in solidarity with what Columbia did (I assume without even mentioning the word genocide).

We have examples of a few handfuls of people saying abhorrent things, but you’re comfortable making an OP saying they’re all calling for rapes and killing.

Got it.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   

On the COlumbia thread I posted info showing some arrests .. and one arrest article had 3/4 of that particular arrest were verified not to be students. They were adults who had Muslim names and/or Muslim backgrounds ... like one was born and raised in Lebanon, went to school in London, and worked for an Arab newspaper. That kind of thing.

Almost like they hijacked the students protest, and my guess is a vast majority of the students never said anything about wanting the genocide or rape of Israelis.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hey guys,

At a Trump rally people were chanting genocide Joe. Trump then said they weren’t wrong.

Should we start enforcing our new Israeli laws on them too?

Just curious at where we draw the line.

My guess is it’s speech we don’t agree with, or people we don’t agree with. But I just want to make sure.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well, well, the terrorist countries are applauding the takeover of their minions with the idiots of our colleges and campuses.

Hamas and Iran celebrate anti-Gaza war protests taking US colleges by storm

Now any doubts who is financing this protest?

Palestinian militant group Hamas and Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei publicly applauded the growing number of anti-Gaza war protests and encampments that have sprung up on college campuses from California to Massachusetts and have become a flashpoint in the U.S.

The supreme leaders are very please of how their agenda is going on in the US, they got what they wanted.

Khamenei also put out a statement on X, formerly Twitter, where he celebrated the flying of a Hezbollah's flag in the streets of the U.S. "The people of the world are supporting the Resistance Front because they are resisting & because they are against oppression," the post read.

Plaudits from Iran and Hamas − the group that carried out the Oct. 7 attack prompting the deadliest single assault on Jews since the Holocaust, slaughtering 1,200 and dragging hundreds back to Gaza as hostages − come at a boiling point. Protests have embroiled college presidents, students, political leaders from both parties and even President Biden himself as thousands of Jewish students denounce growing antisemitism on U.S. college campuses.

The terrorist has invaded our country, no more darn excuses, the protest in our campuses are the work of idiots following well establish and trained terrorist.

www.msn.com...

edit on 25-4-2024 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Hey guys,

At a Trump rally people were chanting genocide Joe. Trump then said they weren’t wrong.

Should we start enforcing our new Israeli laws on them too?

Just curious at where we draw the line.

My guess is it’s speech we don’t agree with, or people we don’t agree with. But I just want to make sure.

They got the Genocide Joe nickname from these same college protesters.
Now what?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Kinda like a "Lebanon ANTIFA International Branch" and others like them. ❗️

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join