It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Texas Instantly Shuts Down Anti Israel Protests

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Everyone has the right to protest. I would call those people idiots but I would also be outspoken of the fact that this is just leading us further and further towards becoming more of a police state.

link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

I gave you a link to the school rules. The students broke the school rules. Therefore, they can be arrested for unlawful assembly and trespassing. The school has that right.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Vermilion
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If they actually are interfering with the schools day to day I understand it getting dispersed.

Now you’ve changed your mind and don’t understand?

I said if they are, but it hasn’t been shown that they shut down the school has it?

But aside from that, I’m also arguing against the blanket terms of calling people antisemitic or terrorists just because they want their school to divest from entities involved in a war.

You want to argue the free speech angle.
I get it. 👍

The problem is these ‘protestors’ were disrupting the functioning of that school.
Watch the videos.
It’s plain as day.

I wonder how many of them are not students there.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Anti-Israel protests fueled by terror-tied dark money groups: 'National security issue'

As usual is all comes down to who are financing this protest, as we known that the idiots in campus are infiltrated by terrorist groups and out siders, somebody is financing all this, because it takes lots of money for the organization of protest.

The willing idiots are plenty and free.

Activists organizing pro-Palestinian protests across the United States in the wake of the Hamas attacks against Israel share various deep affiliations with designated terrorist factions, all while quietly receiving checks from anonymous sources, records show.

The streets of Washington, D.C., were flooded Saturday with tens of thousands of activists demanding a ceasefire in Gaza and for the U.S. to choke off aid to Israel, where more than 1,400 civilians and soldiers have been killed by Islamic terrorists since Oct. 7, the deadliest attack against the Jewish people since the Holocaust. Groups behind the increasing number of anti-Israel protests and the recent one in the nation's capital that spurred vandalism maintain particularly opaque dark money funding structures and have also faced scrutiny over the years for their ties to terror, a Washington Examiner investigation found.

www.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The group that led this protest stated it was going to violate Institutional Rules.

Going to violate the rules. Meaning the rules had not been violated yet. So what laws were broken?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Speech does not step on the rights of others..

Threats do.

Also, making terrorist threats is an offense you can be arrested for.
Police don't have to wait until you actually carry out the threats.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Is not free speech when it comes to hate speech, but the terrorist infiltrators are learning, they will take the we are hamas out of the protest to make sure they do not look like hate speech.

Still harassing Jewish students or any other ethnic group is unlawful and unconstitutional.

Disrupting the daily operations of campuses and institutions is against the laws and rules of the individual campuses.

And that is exactly what these terrorist supporters are doing.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Going to violate the rules. Meaning the rules had not been violated yet. So what laws were broken?

Look at the link I gave you. The school set the rules of assembly. The protestors were told not to assemble. They did. That broke the rules. The school disbursed them within minutes. The rule breakers were arrested for unlawful assembly and trespass.

I already told you this.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   
One day you won’t be able to say you agree with Russia or Putin because it’s anti Ukrainian.

If we pay taxes towards conflicts, you have an absolute right to say you disagree with it… even if it’s extreme and most people disagree with you.

This is just sad.

I think Israel is the only real democracy in the region and have more rights than their neighbors. They should absolutely be able to defend their nation seeing as it’s the only one that is similar to Americas beliefs…

But anyone should be able to criticize it too.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

These protests aren't just criticizing Israel. They are openly threatening Jewish students and faculty. And they are proclaiming solidarity with Hamas, a terrorist organization. These aren't just a bunch of peaceful anti-war protests. Not even close.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There's a difference between being critical of Israel and supporting hamas.

Were you aware?

Can you show me evidence of the broader protests at UT being hamas supporters?

Precedence.

When haven't they been pro-hamas?

Gotchya. Thought crimes and guilty by association.

I remember when you used to be a free speech absolutist.

I see that era is over.

Yeah, I kinda draw the line at actively supporting the genocide of Jews.

It's kinda my thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

These protests aren't just criticizing Israel. They are openly threatening Jewish students and faculty. And they are proclaiming solidarity with Hamas, a terrorist organization. These aren't just a bunch of peaceful anti-war protests. Not even close.

No they haven’t.

You’re trying to say all of UT protestors said they’re going to do a Columbia, and use a handful of Columbia protestors to make your case for all of them.

We can do that with any view. It’s disingenuous.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Were you aware?

Precedence.

I see that era is over.

It's kinda my thing.

Except a vast majority of these people haven’t done that.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Were you aware?

Precedence.

I see that era is over.

It's kinda my thing.

But it's OK to be critical of those who do.....right?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Were you aware?

Precedence.

I see that era is over.

It's kinda my thing.

That is false.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Absolutely. I even pointed out to flyersfan it was their right to call for the government to crack down on these people. Because that’s speech.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

... and use a handful of Columbia protestors to make your case for all of them.

It's not a 'handful of protestors'. Like I said .. you are running blind here. UT students said they were going to do the exact same thing as Columbia and that they were in solidarity with them. All the 'we are hamas' and 'we know where you live' and 'every day will be oct 7' and 'kill the jews' etc etc. You are defending UT students without even reading what the Columbia protestors were doing. and no ... it wasn't just 'a handful' of them doing it.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: theatreboy
Speech does not step on the rights of others..

Threats do.

Also, making terrorist threats is an offense you can be arrested for.
Police don't have to wait until you actually carry out the threats.

Threats do not step on the rights of others. Words are words.

That is the red line.

Now, if someone threatens you, and you feel threatened, then you call the police. If the threat is credible, then by all means, arrested. However, many times, threats are just words. They are not a threat.

Because, let's be honest....someone has pissed you off in the past and you said something along the lines of "i'm gonna kill...". There was no real intent from you. But you are advicating for you to be arrested for threats.

And to your other post:

You made me think with this:

Is not free speech when it comes to hate speech

I hadn't heard that before, so I looked into it....

And yup, I was right, hate speech is protected under the constitution.

constitution.congress.gov...

You do not have to agree or approve what is said, but it is protected.

And quite honestly, if this is what you support....no 1st for hate speech, you will understand that those of us being silenced now, will not be able to stand for you when they come for you.

And they will come for you when they are done with the right.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Were you aware?

Precedence.

I see that era is over.

It's kinda my thing.

That is false.

Good point.

The news stories that only show a few people making such claims are hiding the masses that have genocide signs to save face.

I’ve asked for examples of the claims that most of the people are calling for violence and rape and haven’t been provided any. I just get links to a thread on a protest states away that has a few links of “people outside the campus” in small numbers saying we’re with hamas.

It’s all a conspiracy.

What happens when a few pictures of a hyper minority of neo Nazis get spread at right leaning protests or rallies? Can we use that to incriminate everyone else?

It’s already happened, and people bitch and moan… but they don’t seek that the same doesn’t happen to other groups.

The only way to protect freedoms are to do so with the least desirable groups. It’s easy to let freedom slide with groups the masses disagree with. But then you can use those cases in court to go against groups that a lot of people disagree with, then groups the current admin or government disagree with.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Wow this deserves a thread of its own.

How tax payer dollars are financing the anti Jewish protest and thanks to democrats and their donors.

Democratic dark money giant behind anti-Israel protests has scored $81M in taxpayer dollars

An influential liberal dark money group propping up anti-Israel activism across the United States has pocketed massive amounts in taxpayer-backed grants and contracts in recent years, according to a Washington Examiner analysis of federal spending records.

The Tides Center, which funds organizations behind Hamas-sympathetic protests held after the terrorist faction's deadly Oct. 7 attack against Israel, has long helped shape the progressive agenda with the financial backing of billionaire philanthropists such as Bill Gates and George Soros. But the Democratic-allied charity sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars in assets also retains another key supporter in the federal government, which directly or through subawards steered more than $81.2 million to the Tides Center between 2006 and 2023, documents show.

Democrat leadership are nothing but whores and will do anything for money and at the same time they are misusing our tax payer dollars

This is big guys and is not joke, we the tax payer are paying for the protest.

Feel free to open thread is a lot of information.

www.msn.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join