It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 70% Of Americans Want Talks To End War In Ukraine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli
If you take a look at both of my threads you will see desperate young Ukrainian men who want to avoid the army enlistment or who want to escape to Romania and other nearby countries.

Same can be said about Russia.

Russian Emigration During Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Following the Russian invasion of Ukraine that started in late February 2022, more than 300,000 Russian citizens and residents are estimated to have left Russia by mid-March 2022, at least 500,000 by the end of August 2022,[not verified in body] and an additional 400,000[1] by early October, for a total of approximately 900,000

PBS - Russians Flee to Neighboring Countries to Avoid Fighting in Putins War

Radio Free Europe - Hundreds of Thousands of Russians Flee to Avoid Fighting In Ukraine

Washington Post - Russian Men Flee Putins War

Reuters - Russian Men Flee Mobilization

Newsweek - Putin Mobilization Backfires 370,000 Russians Flee in Two Weeks

Newsweek - Russian Draft Dodgers Flee to West in Record Numbers

Politico - 7 Russian Draft Dodgers Tell Their Story

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Consvoli

Dude .. listen carefully ..

- the source is funded by SOROS. It's got far left backing. It's going to be questioned just as a far right source like Koch brothers funding a site would be questioned. Backing of polls is always a good thing.

- I posted polls that say different from yours. They are all over the place depending on what you want them to say.

- you are emotionally invested. get over it. All polls are questioned.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

To bad the democrats have become the war party.

Which war did they start ?

The Dems are doing what the leader of the free world is meant to do , stand against war mongering dictators that threaten both you and the World , the naivety of those who think that giving Putin parts of Ukraine will stop him taking more is staggering , it will just be a sign of weakness he and others will seize upon.

Putin will likely be brought down internally like most Dictators.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
nevermind .... will pm

Received & responded.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   

If you take a look at both of my threads you will see desperate young Ukrainian men who want to avoid the army enlistment or who want to escape to Romania and other nearby countries.

Same can be said about Russia.

Russian Emigration During Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Following the Russian invasion of Ukraine that started in late February 2022, more than 300,000 Russian citizens and residents are estimated to have left Russia by mid-March 2022, at least 500,000 by the end of August 2022,[not verified in body] and an additional 400,000[1] by early October, for a total of approximately 900,000

PBS - Russians Flee to Neighboring Countries to Avoid Fighting in Putins War

Radio Free Europe - Hundreds of Thousands of Russians Flee to Avoid Fighting In Ukraine

Washington Post - Russian Men Flee Putins War

Reuters - Russian Men Flee Mobilization

Newsweek - Putin Mobilization Backfires 370,000 Russians Flee in Two Weeks

Newsweek - Russian Draft Dodgers Flee to West in Record Numbers

Politico - 7 Russian Draft Dodgers Tell Their Story

I have already said what is happening in Ukraine is probably happening in Russia with young men who avoid conscription because they don't want to fight in the war. It's perfectly normal they will do it.

The difference is that the western media only covered one side of the story so far and they haven't said the truth about Ukraine and how desperate the situation has become.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Dude .. listen carefully ..

- the source is funded by SOROS. It's got far left backing. It's going to be questioned just as a far right source like Koch brothers funding a site would be questioned. Backing of polls is always a good thing.

- I posted polls that say different from yours. They are all over the place depending on what you want them to say.

- you are emotionally invested. get over it. All polls are questioned.

I am not interested on the political leanings of the poll makers but whether they made it a fair and unbiased poll.

There are many polls, I agree, but none of them say Americans are in favor of the continuation of the war. It's difficult to find any such polls. Polls meant to be different and you can't expect the same result in every poll. But from all the information we have it's clear people want an end through diplomacy and talks.

Like I said earlier, your argument can be used against your polls. Why anyone should trust the mainstream polls and the mainstream media?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

Lossing your job so your government can fund a never ending foreign war policy.

Do you really think that is the case? UK has sent 2 billion in equipment and aid per year and that is breaking their bank? Sounds really like BS to me.

Seems people make up things to bitch about.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The Republicans are increasingly not wanting it.

It's kind of weird, we all see what Russia did as just totally wrong. Russia has used about 12 million artillery shells and no one is saying anything about that. This is a very cheap war for America, so that really isn't the issue, just do not get it.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Do you have the link on this poll?

The link comes out my butt like 99% of other polls.

edit on x30Thu, 25 Apr 2024 15:08:32 -05002024115America/ChicagoThu, 25 Apr 2024 15:08:32 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Do you have the link on this poll?

The link comes out my butt like 99% of other polls.

I thought you made it up but thanks for admitting it anyway.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Read my post again then think of sarcasm... I was being sarcastic because your OP title doesn't match anything in the poll, so you pulled your title out of your butt too.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Read my post again then think of sarcasm... I was being sarcastic because your OP title doesn't match anything in the poll, so you pulled your title out of your butt too.

You are very late to make an additional claim like this. Another made up argument.

The title is directly from the article. If you disagree then you can contact the authors

Roughly 70% of Americans want the Biden administration to push Ukraine toward a negotiated peace with Russia as soon as possible, according to a new survey from the Harris Poll and the Quincy Institute, which publishes Responsible Statecraft.

It's clear what the article says.

On the other hand your poll was fictional and only happened in your imagination

edit on 25-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The title is directly from the article. If you disagree then you can contact the authors

I agree it is directly from the article, but has nothing to do with the actual polls, so your turn.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Talks? LOL!
so They can put troops on russiers border.
and point Nucs at russier.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nope russia isnt a threat to the world, they arent even a threat to people that dont share a border with them. (Russia sucks at logistics)

Some of those nations that do share a border they are not a threat there either. (poland and finland as examples)

Day 1 Biden should have picked up the phone and called him, after putin seemed willing to sit down and talk biden again should have picked up the phone and called him to get things moving.

He is not taking steps to end a war, then yea they are the party of war.

The cold hard fact is Ukraine tactics suck, they are basically russian tactics without the bodies advantage. I hope they win but if nobody talks the end result is the depopulation of ukraine.
edit on 05Thu, 25 Apr 2024 20:05:29 -050005290808pmf by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   

By 11 November 2022, the Institute for the Study of War calculated that Ukrainian forces had liberated an area of 74,443 km2 (28,743 sq mi) from Russian occupation, leaving Russia with control of about 18% of Ukraine's territory.

I don't know how much they got back if they got anything back. But the reality is very different to what is presented in the western media.

Considering your lack of knowledge on the subject and the fact you admit you don't know that would seem to be rather a strange claim.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join