It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My efforts in Masonry...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by duskboy
I have a question to start with; Might it be that reading alot about FM and doing 'too much' research into the whole world of myths and rumors about the various initiations actually makes the experience scarier than it needs to be?

Welcome. One you wrap yourself in all the fantasy of conspiracy theory, you can soon start to find conspiracies in everything. Like a snowball rolling down the mountain, each time one becomes more and more wrapped up in this fantasy world of conspiracy beliefs that he has created in his own mind, and each time the conspiracies get bigger and bigger, closer and closer.

Conspiracy theory IS a good way to exercise the mind, but one needs to be careful not to take those things too seriously. It may soon be difficult to distinguish reality from foolish fantasy.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think that duskboy may just have "hit the nail on the head"! (an american english expression for seeing the point of the matter)

Duskboy brings up a very good point that has been mentioned on several previous threads. The use of the internet to get information (and disinformation) on masonry. Giving the prespective mason a chance to answer his natural questions, without actually contacting a mason in person.

I am well aware that there are lots of good sites out there. But we are all aware of the many disinformation sites too.

This disinformation could well be a sourse of confusion and apprehension in any and potentially all of our candidates.

I am wondering if this is a topic masons should address. (not on ats of course)

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Good Luck EC, Im an HVAC engineer and I was once invited into the Masonic Temple in Pasadena, California to help them with an A/C problem and I found myself looking at the most beautiful woodwork Ive ever seen.

The whole interior was a work of art, the LDS churches are almost all like that, theres alot of detail and quality that goes into them.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Men like to joke with other men and hint at things that might be to make the novice have some fun experiences to enjoy and talk about . Go ahead do the FC and MM if you can memorize the proficiency.

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
No question about it Duskboy.

I know thats partially what I've done to myself. I've read everything and anything I could find related to Freemasonry, Illuminati, Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commision, Bohemian Grove, etc etc etc. I've read everything, not just one side, but many different sides. Some blatantly rediculous. Others, not so much.

Tomorrow night I'm going to my Lodge to watch an EA degree being given and see how I feel about it from the outside watching someone else where I once was.

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricCrow
No question about it Duskboy.

I know thats partially what I've done to myself. I've read everything and anything I could find related to Freemasonry, Illuminati, Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commision, Bohemian Grove, etc etc etc. I've read everything, not just one side, but many different sides. Some blatantly rediculous. Others, not so much.

Tomorrow night I'm going to my Lodge to watch an EA degree being given and see how I feel about it from the outside watching someone else where I once was.

You're very lucky that you get to see another EA degree being given. You will definitely se and notice MANY things that you were unable to as a candidate. The beauty of the ritual will amaze you, pay special attention to the language used, and the symbolism throughout. I was very lucky to get to see an EA degree the same night I was initiated, and it really helped me to understand what I went through. I am also lucky to be a member of a lodge that puts on excellent degrees, as that makes all the difference in how candidates and viewers experience the degrees.

Please let us know what you think!

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I certainly will.

Hopefully I won't be kicked out for not having been around in 6 months. hehe

I'm honestly hoping that I can see things more clearly from the outside and ultimately help my decision to move forward. As you said, I will only do so if my heart tells me it's the right thing for me to do.

My mind really wants to go at it full force, get into the York rite and Scottish rite etc. Id like to get involved in other orders as well. We'll see.

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Good luck ElectricCrow; keep us posted.

Fiat Lvx.

Oh and welcome, duskboy!

[edit on 4/19/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
hehe, I went to the EA Degree last night.

Everyone was shocked to see me. It was kind of funny.

I think I am the youngest in my lodge at 27 years old.
Many 50 year pins in this lodge. hehe

Anyway, they were performing the EA for a new guy and it was quite interesting. I picked up a few things that I didn't my time through and will be loking into them. There were some parts that made everyone almost burst into laughter. We all struggled trying to hold it. The new EA Jumped and yelped at the touch of something cold...lol so funny.

Overall, it was a cool experience. If anything I feel guilty because the lodge has 220 members and its been hard for them to get more than 5 or so for work meetings.

It seems everyone gets their MM and vanishes which makes no sense to me whatsoever. If anything, I feel obligated to finally get my MM, work hard and become a young spokesmodel for the Lodge. lol We simply have to get more younger members.

The problem is, our generation isn't like people were 50 years ago. Nobody has the time. It's ten times easier to get things accomplished and information is just a mouse click away. It's hard for young people trying to make their way to sit for a few hours listening to something over and over again. Yes, it's cool at first. But many of us are busy busy. Of course one night a month is no big deal, but not everyone is as patient as I am. I run 3 different companies at 27 years old and it's hard to sit myself down for even an hour to memorize things. Or to meet someone for an hour to then sit myself down for another hour to memorize things.

The only catch is, those one day classes are bogus in my eyes.

*sigh*

[edit on 20-4-2005 by ElectricCrow]

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricCrow
Anyway, they were performing the EA for a new guy and it was quite interesting. I picked up a few things that I didn't my time through and will be loking into them. There were some parts that made everyone almost burst into laughter. We all struggled trying to hold it. The new EA Jumped and yelped at the touch of something cold...lol so funny.

Yeah we've had some funny thinngs happen during degrees. One time, somebody used a double knot to tie the hoodwink, and the senior warden could not get the hoodwink off when it was time to bring the candidate into the light... it took about two minutes when the senior deacon finally got pissed off and ripped it from his head. Another time, as the candidate was circumambulating the lodge, and each station raps the gavel once, the senior wardens gavel bounced off the podium and went flying into the candidates path. Funny stuff when you're trying to be serious. Gguess yu had to be there

It seems everyone gets their MM and vanishes which makes no sense to me whatsoever. If anything, I feel obligated to finally get my MM, work hard and become a young spokesmodel for the Lodge. lol We simply have to get more younger members.

I know how you feel. At 25, I am the youngest at my lodge. Fortunately, myself and a few of the younger guys have brought it many younnger people into the lodge. Overall my lodge is pretty young, average age being more or less 40.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Aaah, well, in Calfornia I would assume a much larger pool of people and youth to pull from. I'm in a small town near Cincinnati, OH and we have a lot of farmers and hucklebucks. lol

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Why do we get so many of these "Dorothy Dicks" questions in this forum and why don't they get referrred to existing threads or better yet another board completely?
"Gee I just joined a really swell bunch of guys who do work for charity and I want to ask a really minor question about it so I think I will post to a Secret Societies/Conspiracy Theories forum and hope that there are lots of other swell guys who will answer this for me."

Anyway Electric Crow, good luck, enjoy your Rohipnol and look forward to your new life of rummaging through your neighbors mail and rubbish and wandering around in a daze thinking you are part of some ancient gnostic cult that holds the secrets of the world.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Anyway Electric Crow, good luck, enjoy your Rohipnol and look forward to your new life of rummaging through your neighbors mail and rubbish and wandering around in a daze thinking you are part of some ancient gnostic cult that holds the secrets of the world.

Do you actually know ANYTHING about Freemasonry? You really truly think we go around rummaging through people's trash, feeding their dog laxatives and blowing up toilets?!?!? Sorry man, we've better things to do than fit your silly descriptions. You are so far out of your mind, that it's actually quite tragic, in a weird and twisted sort of way.

If I didn't dislike you so much for lying about us and for insulting me, I would actually feel sorry for you, like one feels sorry for a bum who walks down the street yelling at people who are not actually there. I assume that you have access to medical care, please take advantage of it and get some help, for God's sake.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join