It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birth Control Bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Morals aren't necessarily things that we should stamp the label "outdated" on. When we tear down morals, especially when they do good, then we are looking at destruction, and we are looking at problems.

And I also know there are some people who like to attack religion, but religion has brought about some good morals and values. And has also helped us to understand that we are more than just slabs of meat and chemical reactions.

I can't stress this enough. We can better take care of so many sex related problems if we just keep sex within committed relationships, with people who intend to stay together, and actually care for each other. It's when we use sex as some sort of drug or fix, is when we get an abundance of problems. I know this is an ideal situation, but I think it is worth striving for. I mean if two people, in love, mistakenly have a baby, it's more likely that that child will be cared for. And you don't have to worry so much about who your lover has slept with, and what diseases could be transmitted.

I know you should protect yourself with condoms and such. But it's not enough to send little Johny out with a pack of condoms. He needs to know morals. And he needs to know how to build lasting relationships, before he ever whips out his "shlong." And lasting relationships are also important in other areas of life as well, like with your friendships and stuff.

Troy

<< 1   >>

join