It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California officer shoots and kills a 15-year old autistic boy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Venkuish1

Still, the population of Europe is higher than the population of US and as discussed earlier there seems to be a real problem with shooting and killing civilians. Most shootings occur in the US and that's where the problem is in my opinion. It's a cultural 'thing'.

Most shootings occur in about 5 liberal cities. If you removed them from the count we would be extremely safe comparable to EU and other like places, so yes it is cultural in those cities. America is also an overall more aggressive country than many in EU. As I said, I would rather shoot someone than let them put me in the hospital, so don't try and beat me to a pulp.

I was in France and got surrounded by 4 guys on the subway who were working on taking my wallet. They were a pickpocket team and kind of pinned me in a counter acting like they didn't know what they were doing. I kept my hands in my pocket and pushed through them and handed my wallet to my wife then turned around and walked back to them and said.."really" and just stood there looking at them waiting for one to make a move at me, but they didn't and next stop quickly got off the train. Would a French guy act the same, maybe not...

Americans are different ion many ways...

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

Never said nothing like this happened abroad but rather than this practise is mainly observed in the US.

No. What you said was:

You don't get anything remotely similar in Germany, France, the UK, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand, name whatever country you want.

Which is it?

Perhaps you misunderstood my post. I said you never get anything similar in terms of the frequency of these events and the way the police is trained abroad with reference to European countries.

These incidents are rare in Europe and either the cops age not armed and when they are they don't usually shoot to kill. When they have to it's the last resort.

Do you see where the problem is?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: Venkuish1

If you don't attack cops, the likelihood of getting shot by them drops dramatically.

FYI

Obviously.

But do you so other problem that other countries don't seem to have?

Yes, America has a culture that disrespects authority, thinks a work ethic is racist.

I am not quite sure about this.
But even if it was true dies this merit the shooting and killings of civilians at this alarming rate?

Ummmm, don't attack cops.

They have guns.

I typed this as slowly as I could so you can understand.

Doesn't matter how fast or slow you type.

My question hasn't been answered yet. Don't you see anything wrong with the whole approach? Because shooting and killing civilians is a practise mainly observed in the US. There are incidents in other countries but they are rare in comparison.

Quit changing the narrative.

The guy attacked a cop.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Still, the population of Europe is higher than the population of US and as discussed earlier there seems to be a real problem with shooting and killing civilians. Most shootings occur in the US and that's where the problem is in my opinion. It's a cultural 'thing'.

Most shootings occur in about 5 liberal cities. If you removed them from the count we would be extremely safe comparable to EU and other like places, so yes it is cultural in those cities. America is also an overall more aggressive country than many in EU. As I said, I would rather shoot someone than let them put me in the hospital, so don't try and beat me to a pulp.

I was in France and got surrounded by 4 guys on the subway who were working on taking my wallet. They were a pickpocket team and kind of pinned me in a counter acting like they didn't know what they were doing. I kept my hands in my pocket and pushed through them and handed my wallet to my wife then turned around and walked back to them and said.."really" and just stood there looking at them waiting for one to make a move at me, but they didn't and next stop quickly got off the train. Would a French guy act the same, maybe not...

Americans are different ion many ways...

It's definitely a cultural issue and the way the police police officers are trained. Gun possession and use is something you won't find in European countries. There are rare cases of gun possession and use and as a result very few cases of deaths caused by guns no matter who possesses them (public or police officers).

I have travelled in Europe and in the US and there is no comparison between the way people deal with this issue. In most European countries possession and use apart from unlawful is considered stupid and dangerous. People say to firearms and weapons broadly speaking.

You need some links for the 5 liberal cities argument but it's more of a cultural issue rather than the 'woke' cities approach.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   

If you don't attack cops, the likelihood of getting shot by them drops dramatically.

FYI

Obviously.

But do you so other problem that other countries don't seem to have?

Yes, America has a culture that disrespects authority, thinks a work ethic is racist.

I am not quite sure about this.
But even if it was true dies this merit the shooting and killings of civilians at this alarming rate?

Ummmm, don't attack cops.

They have guns.

I typed this as slowly as I could so you can understand.

Doesn't matter how fast or slow you type.

My question hasn't been answered yet. Don't you see anything wrong with the whole approach? Because shooting and killing civilians is a practise mainly observed in the US. There are incidents in other countries but they are rare in comparison.

Quit changing the narrative.

The guy attacked a cop.

If you are in favour of gun possession and use them it's up to you. The evidence shows a very different picture in countries where gun possession is unlawful or heavily restricted.

Can you not see the problem or is it so difficult for you? You don't have to attack an officer yo get killed in the US.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I don't care.

The guy attacked a cop.

What are you not understanding?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

My question hasn't been answered yet. Don't you see anything wrong with the whole approach?

No. If you rush cops with a weapon and you don't stop when they say to, you get shot. No reason for the cops to die or get maimed. That's what would happen if they didn't shoot.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RustEShackelFord

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Might be premature but I'm gonna go ahead and diagnose this situation as a parenting failure. Any kid ages 8 to 17 who doesn't know enough about fundamental civics to comply with law enforcement and the deadly consequences of physically threatening law enforcement, has not been adequately schooled by their biological or appointed guardian.

And to take this thought train a few stops further. Do we really want these sort of people breeding to make more "intellectually challenged" individuals that will further require ever more resources to keep in check?

If they want to free base HF corn syrup and stare at the screen all day for feelz then why should the rest of us have to suffer for it? F `em, we`re trying to get back to the cosmos here, not cater to retards.

Frankly that's a couple stops further than I would have liked. This isn't a dialogue about eradicating the defective types from our gene pool, and if you want that dialogue then make a topic. "Save the planet, prune the retards"

At least you have the luxury of using that word freely around this forum.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TimBurr

For some reason saw edged spades are being advertised heavily. www.jmldirect.com...

Maybe it's all about demonising tools that feed people.

What would you have to defend yourself with if conventional weapons, like firearms, were outlawed? History has an answer . . .

Traditional Okinawan Weapons Weapons of Okinawan Karate – Japanese Terms Okinawa, with a long history of both Chinese and Japanese suppression that also outlawed the possession of conventional weapons (such as swords), developed a unique range of substitute weapons that became an integral part of Traditional Okinawan Goju-Ryu Karate-Do.

LINK

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I don't care.

The guy attacked a cop.

What are you not understanding?

Just standard anytime a police officer shoots someone it's always the police officers fault. They say things like well they could have shot him in the leg. Yes that was said in this thread. First you don't aim for legs when your life is o. The line hard enough to hit center mass under threat. Next a knife can do as much damage as a gun within 5 meters.

As for cultural what ever that means their are plenty of protests against cop shootings in other countries. The UK I just read about a police officer they just identified for shooting a Blackman in London.

The French they do not play they carry assault rifles. Germans yes they armed as well. Went to Egypt and again they have assault rifles. In fact the only country I can think of that I visited that didn't have armed police was Japan but even then that was only subway officers.

Times have changed the days of police officers not carrying is over Andy Griffith would be shot dead today.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

So how does the U.S. Government disarm Citizens and confiscate all the guns and weapons ??

How many would be an "acceptable" number of casualties (deaths and major injuries) in the process? 😬

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You mentioned the distance as a possible problem. I think you said if it's a close distance of around 5m then they don't have other choices.

Officers are supposed to keep a safe distance and at an incident like this one many officers will attend the scene and they have options like to shoot in the leg or taser him. But the instructions are different.

It's why there are vert few cases in Europe that has a population of over 741 million people. More than double the population of the US.

What I am trying to say is that the problem is cultural and deeply embedded within the US society. What happens is unthinkable in Europe and much of the world.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

So how does the U.S. Government disarm Citizens and confiscate all the guns and weapons ??

How many would be an "acceptable" number of casualties (deaths and major injuries) in the process? 😬

Finally you realise where the problem is!
I can't solve this problem. Perhaps Biden or even better Trump will solve the problem?!

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   

This is just more anti-American, anti-gun, BS

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   

This OP is without a doubt a poorly worded and ignorantly reasoned 2nd amendment hit piece.
It’s almost like the OP is rabidly anti America, anti science and anti common sense all at once.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
.... anti America, anti science and anti common sense all at once.

Yeah ... can you see disarming the cops? Geeeze .. SUICIDE.
No cop would sign up for that nonsense. It's a war zone out there.
Disarming cops wouldn't change that.

And disarming the public would just leave us open to being victims of crimes,
and would leave the government open to do whatever the hell it wanted.
That's the whole point of the 2nd Amendment ... armed citizens to keep
the government from taking over and going nutz.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

This OP is without a doubt a poorly worded and ignorantly reasoned 2nd amendment hit piece.
It’s almost like the OP is rabidly anti America, anti science and anti common sense all at once.

Speaking of anti science made my day. Just a quick look at the various threads around will reveal the beliefs posters have in the supernatural world, ghosts, apparitions, demons and angels, life after death or even a thread arguing that women have sex with ghosts. It looks like the same people who believe in the supernatural world are too believers in gun possession and use.

Speaking of common sense and science there is nothing more unreasonable as to have an entire population having complete and unrestricted access to all sorts of weapons and guns and a state that has lost the plot when it comes to gun crime and killings of civilians by the security forces.
edit on 12-3-2024 by Venkuish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

We used to have laxer gun laws and used to put people in jail.

But leftists decided on harsher gun laws and not jailing criminals.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

...there is nothing more unreasonable as to have an entire population having complete and unrestricted access to all sorts of weapons and guns

Good thing that's not the case in America.

and a state that has lost the plot when it comes to gun crime and killings of civilians by the security forces.

Good thing that's not the case in America.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I have travelled in Europe and in the US and there is no comparison between the way people deal with this issue. In most European countries possession and use apart from unlawful is considered stupid and dangerous. People say to firearms and weapons broadly speaking.

The reality is America is about 70th place for murders in the world per 100,000 and a good chunk is gang-on-gang violence. What is your main point? Guns in general or that Americans are more violent by nature.

Why isn't EU as safe as Japan? What is the problem there?

It seems England can't keep their pecker in their pants with around 260 rapes per 100k, and America is 40 per 100k, so when it comes to violence I guess one needs to pick their poison.
edit on x31Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:15:45 -0500202471America/ChicagoTue, 12 Mar 2024 16:15:45 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join