It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on magnetic pole

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   
For those following, is that it is moving faster, in the last couple of months it seems to have speeded up considerably It is also weakening. It seems to be a bit of a major thing...but
how it affects the Earth seems to be up for conjecture. Either way an interesting update at a time when weather patterns seem to be acting strangely, at the same time that the pole is moving faster and weakening,

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I guess it will not be that much longer till we see what will happen when it does go past the 45 degree line. The movement of the pole is relevant to our future on the planet, it is just that they are not completely sure what is going to happen. I evaluated what might happen where we live, basically it is going to be about the same as now in the U.P of Michigan from what I summarize. But it will effect a big portion of the world if it flips. Actually, not the same as this year, we will have lots of snow like all the other years. Also the cold will most likely return to the normals in the past. Oh well, I am used to eight months of winter, and I will need my six and a half foot snowblower on my tractor just as I have all these years.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Could we please refer to the magnet pole as the magnetic pole and not just the pole. It might confuse and frighten some into thinking the Earth is rotating on a different axis.

Thanks.

This is interesting in that it has never been observed in recorded history. Might do nothing but make magnetic compasses point the wrong way. It could also let more radiation get to the ground where the magnetic poles pass over surface areas. This would affect electronics and possibly biological exposure.

I don't think there will be any massive continental shifts like some think.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

This same guy that you posted in Dec 2023 and the same guy that has been saying this for just under a decade

This video is 9 years old of his

Anytime soon, give or take 10 years so far

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

Yeh but....It is moving fast and hasn't done these sorts of tricks in recorded history. It is the same as you arguing that because a man doesn't wipe his @#! all his reasons and logic are invalid.

edit on pm320243America/Chicago331213124 by annonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   

An ancient, well-preserved tree that was alive the last time the Earth's magnetic poles flipped has helped scientists pin down more precise timing of that event, which occurred about 42,000 years ago.

This new information has led them to link the flipping of the poles to key moments in the prehistoric record, like the sudden appearance of cave art and the mysterious extinction of large mammals and the Neanderthals. They argue that the weakening of the Earth's magnetic field would have briefly transformed the world by altering its climate and allowing far more ultraviolet light to pour in.

Until now, scientists have mostly assumed that magnetic field reversals didn't matter much for life on Earth — although some geologists have noted that die-offs of large mammals seemed to occur in periods when the Earth's magnetic field was weak.

The Earth is a giant magnet because its core is solid iron, and swirling around it is an ocean of molten metal. This churning creates a huge magnetic field, one that wraps around the planet and protects it from charged cosmic rays coming in from outer space.

Sometimes, for reasons scientists do not fully understand, the magnetic field becomes unstable and its north and south poles can flip. The last major reversal, though it was short-lived, happened around 42,000 years ago.

None of this information will support the man made climate change mony laundering agenda, though.

By creating a precise timeline, the research team was able to compare the magnetic field's weakening to other well-established timelines in the archaeological and climate records.
"If you damage the ozone layer, as we've found out, you change the way in which the sun's heat actually impacts the Earth," says Cooper. "And as soon as you start doing that, you change weather patterns because wind directions and heating goes AWOL, goes all over the place."

If the sun went through one of its periodic conniptions when the strength of the Earth's magnetic field was turned way down, he says, a solar flare or storm would have sent a burst of radiation that could have had massive consequences for people living back then.

"This is what we think actually drove them into caves," says Cooper. "You would not want to be outside during daylight hours."

Definitely worth more research, IMO.

"From what we know about field strength through time, over the last hundred thousand years," says Channell, "there does appear to be a linkage between extinctions and low geomagnetic field strength."

[www.npr.org...]

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Underground bunkers.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
Could we please refer to the magnet pole as the magnetic pole and not just the pole. It might confuse and frighten some into thinking the Earth is rotating on a different axis.

Thanks.

This is interesting in that it has never been observed in recorded history. Might do nothing but make magnetic compasses point the wrong way. It could also let more radiation get to the ground where the magnetic poles pass over surface areas. This would affect electronics and possibly biological exposure.

Hmmm. Sounds a little like a Poleish joke the way you wrote it.

My question is does Santa live at the geographic or magnetic North Pole. Another is if it is at the Magnetic Pole, will Santa have to sign up for Russian citizenship pretty soon, will Putin take his sleigh technology and use it for his Nuclear Arsenal?

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Neither he lives in North Pole alaska, a short drive from fairbanks, easier commute for the elves.

That said... it figures I spent years going nope not gonna have a kid because of X... moment I decide screw it lets have a mini me... the world tries hard to come unglued in a figurative and literal sense.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

Thanks.

That's why God and the USA invented GPS.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: rickymouse

Neither he lives in North Pole alaska, a short drive from fairbanks, easier commute for the elves.

That said... it figures I spent years going nope not gonna have a kid because of X... moment I decide screw it lets have a mini me... the world tries hard to come unglued in a figurative and literal sense.

Well, I'm glad it was your fault and not mine for the world coming unglued. Makes me feel better that someone else might be to blame.

I think we may have been put on this earth to feed the cats and clean their litter boxes.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In looking into Mars & what cataclysm cost it,it's atmosphere/.Magnetic fields came up that planets can explode without a external reason. A wandering magnetic pole isn't out of the running for being a trigger to "exploded with no reason" go figure!!

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
I've read somewhere, the sphere has weakened 30% and correlates with the pole movement. Also read scientists think our inner core stopped spinning which might contribute to the weakening.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugger2
a reply to: nugget1
I've read somewhere, the sphere has weakened 30% and correlates with the pole movement. Also read scientists think our inner core stopped spinning which might contribute to the weakening.

I've also read some think the earth's inner core is more like mercury and can slosh around and shift, causing upheavles on the surface.
There are theories out there that can really stretch ones' imagination.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 05:30 AM
link   

If we had a better understanding of how electromagnetic fields influence biological processes we could have a better idea of what's to come...

I predict that moving electromagnetic fields will mainly have a mental impact...

Oh wait, the world is already going mad, polarity is shifting across the globe... Hmmm... Probably just a coincidence

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think an awful lot of people are being frightened by this story of "pole shift" or "pole flipping". The magnetic pole is NOT the "true north pole" which is the axis point of the Earth. At this moment, according to science, the physical true north pole, they think, changed millions of years ago. Yes it wobbles, called the "Chandler wobble" but it doesn't wobble physically on the Earth, the whole Earth moves with the wobble. So all those people thinking that when to poles flip (that's the magnetic poles) that the land masses will move or the cold extremities (the North and South poles) will move over land. This can only happen if the Earths rotational axis moves from it stable orbit around the Sun and that aint gonna happen in humanities life time. Well I hope not.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I guess it will not be that much longer till we see what will happen when it does go past the 45 degree line.

What 45 degree line?

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

In the model, it is the flip point, when north becomes south, but the Earth isn't like the model, but it might act so.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Thanks for that, but is 45 degrees from where? An arbitrary point? The geological north pole?

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

yeh but some people are drawn to negativity

I just see him as a clickbait youtube title writer, you see him as some sort of goto on the subject, he currently has over 1000 videos mostly screaming 'ALERT POLE SHIFT IMMINENT', people view it (yourself), he makes money, not a bad job, guess what his next video will be titled

MUST WATCH, PROOF POLE SHIFT

will you watch it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join