It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday all those born on the 29 th of February

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You have waited patiently for 4 years to officially celebrate your birthday , And as this is a leap year this is the big one for you boys and girls so go to town and enjoy it

As 2028 is a long way away for your next birthday celebration.

And I used to tell people I was getting married on the 30th of February and was shocked at how many people never figured that one out

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

To quote Maxwell Smart, "Missed it by that much."

I was born on February 27th.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Also if you turn 36 years today, I'd like to congratulate you to your 8th birthday...

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I never new that every 100 years they dont have a leap year as apparently adding a day every 4 years we actually are adding slightly to much

Why Do We Have a Leap Year Anyway

By adding a whole day every four years, we’re adding too much: after four years we only have 0.9688 day left over, not 1.0 day. That difference is 0.0312 day, or about 45 minutes. That means every four years we still have about three quarters of an hour to account for. Over time, that’ll build up, and the calendar will be off again. Enter Pope Gregory XIII, who reformed the calendar again in 1582. He decreed that every 100th year (to make it simple, years ending in 00) would not be a leap year, so no leap day would be added. There are 25 leap days in a century, so this method removes 25 x 0.0312 = 0.78 day, and the calendar syncs up a little bit better in the long run—but again, not exactly. Using this algorithm, every 100 years the calendar will run 1 – 0.78 = 0.22 day behind. That adds up, too! So as part of his papal bull, Pope Gregory XIII also declared that every 400th year would once again acquire a leap day. By then there’s an extra 4 x 0.22 = 0.88 day, so adding one day gets us decently close to catching up with Earth’s irritatingly nonintegral annual-diurnal ratio. That’s the rule we use now. Every fourth year, meaning every year whose number is evenly divisible by 4, is a leap year and is granted an extra day—that is, except for every 100 years, when we skip the leap day, except for every 400 years, when we reverse the rule and add a leap day once again. So the years 1700, 1800 and 1900 were not leap years. The year 2000 was because even though it’s divisible evenly by 100, it’s also evenly divisible by 400. The year 2100 will not be a leap year, but the year 2400 will be, and so on

So in all honesty does anyone know what day it is or even time

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Also if you turn 36 years today, I'd like to congratulate you to your 8th birthday...

I was stunned by this when I was a kid and found out about it as one of the girls in my class was born on the 29th of February and nearly 50 years ago that was the official standing then that you only got to count your birthday every 4 years .

I think they celebrate it now on the 28th and you age as normal , but it sucks as much as having your birthday as few days before Christmas like I do and get hit with here is your birthday and Christmas present, I love watching their faces when I give them the same back when it is their birthday in August, there's your birthday and Xmas present

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
I love watching their faces when I give them the same back when it is their birthday in August, there's your birthday and Xmas present

Ha ha - that's too funny!

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown2
So in all honesty does anyone know what day it is or even time

top topics

join