It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The View" host complains about the "blond, blue-eyed Jesus"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

This is strange. I've seen a couple of blond blue eyed Jesuses on holy pictures. They are rare though. Perhaps, she meant it metaphorically; that Jesus is portrayed as a white man while he wasn't one. I've seen black Marys too. They are popular. It's splitting hairs really.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yup, basic teachings of Jesus were very anti established religion as they were money grabbing, control systems with little to no real spiritual guidance. He was all about personal responsibility, personal engagement with God and a basic approach of being good to each other. Doubt he would care a jot about how people saw him - THAT was never the point.

There are some fabulous paintings in a small church in the Agora of Athens that purport to be some of the earliest representations of Jesus and the disciples. Funnily enough, dark hair, brown eyes and olive skin. How weird - NOT. I think what this lady was really addressing was her own stupidity and lack of knowledge.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Are you squabbling over the ''blue eyes''? jezzzz. Please tell us that you have never seen any of the scores of Jesus images designed to be attractive to western senses.. Please be truthful here. How many of us grew up with the Solomon's Head version of Jesus imprinted in our minds.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   
They're a bunch of godless people lol why in the world do they care.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I'm pretty sure no matter what color Jesus' hair, eyes, or skin were he's not a big fan of organized religion. At its very core, the entire cult speaks to everything Jesus preached against and is run by spiritual narcissists.

Paul pointed out that within so many years the Church would not be recognizable as man would take it over and corruption would ensue. Fellowship doesn't have to mean at a building of some religion. Bible reading requires just a bible.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
What color hair and eyes did the prophet Muhammad have?
Pics please.

Obviously a Ginger.

(aww great now have a fatwa against me)

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 09:06 PM
link   
OP is going to be bummed to find out the depiction of Jesus is really Leonardo DaVinci's gay lover, Cesar Borgia.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen.

I can't recall any. The ones engraved in my mind have brown hair.

However, most people over the last couple thousand years didn't have photographs, cars, airplanes, or anything like that. They only knew what the people around them looked like and so they painted people that looked like the only people they had ever seen... The ones in the area the painter was confined to. Hardly racist. If anyone is biased or ignorant it is the people on the view.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Well why not portray Jesus as he would have actually appeared within his races DNA code, that being honey colored brown skin, brown eyes, and brown or black hair? What's wrong with that? There is a much bigger underlying issue here that everyone skirts around.
edit on q00000037229America/Chicago0909America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Opossum19
They're a bunch of godless people lol why in the world do they care.

They like to promote black pride ideology, and pushing those buttons (pride, vanity, hate, fear, in that order of importance) to 'tickle the ears' of their audience (or potential audience; i.e. for the viewer ratings and getting attention, see 2 Tim 4:3,4). Remember, the Bible teaches that pride comes before the fall.

Black pride - Wikipedia

Black Pride in the United States is a movement which encourages black people to celebrate African-American culture and embrace their African heritage.[1] In the United States, it was a direct response to white racism especially during the Civil Rights Movement.[2] Stemming from the idea of Black Power, this movement emphasizes racial pride, economic empowerment, and the creation of political and cultural institutions.[3] Related movements include black power,[2] black nationalism,[2] Black Panthers and Afrocentrism.

That racial pride thing is really unhealthy for the mind and heart. It's also divisive (which falls in line with Satan's agenda of divide and conquer). It doesn't matter if you're black or white, we're all part of the same human family, and Adam and Eve are as much the ancestors of people from Africa as they are of people from Europe or America. Go back far enough, and we all have the same ancestors or "heritage" (Noah's family as well). In the words of Michael Jackson: "I said if you're thinkin' of being my brother it don't matter if you're black or white". Song starts at 1:46:

More lyrics:

It don't matter if you're black or white
Ooh

Don't look at that

I am tired of this devil
I am tired of this stuff
I am tired of this business

Prejudice and Discrimination—Getting to the Roots (Awake!—2009)

A good start is to acknowledge that none of us are above developing prejudices. The book Understanding Prejudice and Discrimination says: “Perhaps the most important conclusions to emerge from prejudice research are these: (1) no one capable of human thought and speech is immune from harboring prejudice, (2) it often takes deliberate effort and awareness to reduce prejudice, and (3) with sufficient motivation, it can be done.”

Education has been described as “the most powerful tool” in the fight against prejudice. The right education can, for example, expose the root causes of prejudice, enable us to examine our own attitudes more objectively, and help us deal wisely with prejudice when we are victims.

Getting to the Roots

Prejudice causes people to distort, misinterpret, or even ignore facts that conflict with their predetermined opinions. Prejudice may have its beginnings in seemingly innocent, but misguided, family values, or it may be sown by those who deliberately promote warped views of other races or cultures. Prejudice can also be fostered by nationalism and false religious teachings. And it can be a product of inordinate pride. As you reflect on the following points and on pertinent principles taken from the Bible, why not examine your own attitudes and see if changes are in order?

Associates. ...

Nationalism. ...

Racism. Racists believe “that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others,” says one dictionary. Yet, as is noted in The World Book Encyclopedia, researchers “have not discovered any scientific basis for such claims of [racial] superiority.” The gross injustices that racism fosters, such as people’s systematic denial of rights to fellow humans, are painful evidence that racism rests on falsehoods and fallacies.

What does the Bible say? “The truth will set you free.” (John 8:32) “[God] made out of one man every nation of men.” (Acts 17:26) “Not the way man sees is the way God sees, because mere man sees what appears to the eyes; but as for Jehovah, he sees what the heart is.” (1 Samuel 16:7) Ask yourself: ‘Do I try to see all humans as God does? Do I try to find out what others​—perhaps those of a different race or culture—​are really like by getting to know some of them personally?’ When we get to know people on a personal level, we more readily see through misleading stereotypes.

Religion. ...

Pride. In the form of inordinate self-esteem or haughtiness, pride can make a person more susceptible to prejudice. For example, pride can cause a person to be prone to feelings of superiority or disdain toward the less educated or the materially poor. It may also make him inclined to believe propaganda that elevates his national or ethnic group. Clever propagandists, such as Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler, have deliberately nurtured national and racial pride to rally the support of the masses and to malign those considered to be different or undesirable.

What does the Bible say? “Everyone that is proud in heart is something detestable to Jehovah.” (Proverbs 16:5) “[Do] nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with lowliness of mind [consider] that the others are superior to you.” (Philippians 2:3) Ask yourself: ‘Do I take secret delight in flattering comments about my own race or ethnic group or in disparaging remarks about others? Am I inclined to be jealous of those who have talents that I lack, or do I take genuine delight in their abilities?’

Yes, for good reason the Bible cautions: “More than all else that is to be guarded, safeguard your heart, for out of it are the sources of life.” (Proverbs 4:23) So view your heart as truly precious, and let nothing corrupt it! Instead, fill it with godly wisdom. Then, and only then, will ‘thinking ability and discernment safeguard you, to deliver you from the bad way, from the person speaking perverse things.’​—Proverbs 2:10-12.

What, though, can you do if you are a victim of prejudice or discrimination? The next article looks into this matter.

"The person speaking perverse things" and promoting "the bad way":

edit on 18-2-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sendhelp
OP is going to be bummed to find out the depiction of Jesus is really Leonardo DaVinci's gay lover, Cesar Borgia.

WTF are you talking about? The OP was about someone on "The View" ....

....Never mind.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

What does the Bible say? “Everyone that is proud in heart is something detestable to Jehovah.” (Proverbs 16:5) “[Do] nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with lowliness of mind [consider] that the others are superior to you.” (Philippians 2:3) Ask yourself: ‘Do I take secret delight in flattering comments about my own race or ethnic group or in disparaging remarks about others? ...

Some examples of flattering comments about specific races or ethnic groups:

- white people are more law-abiding (usually an impression given in the context of discussing black criminals or aggressive people living in poor neighbourhoods, usually referred to as "thugs" and themselves being proud of terms like "thug life")

- white people are more intelligent (than black people, usually in that context)

- black people are better athletes (than white or other races, usually in that context; note the divisiveness of it all)

- black people are better dancers or can keep rythm better (concerning music, and again, usually in contrast to white people)

- Asians are better with computers, electronics, developing technology or math, or are more intelligent (usually in contrast to all other races)

Some examples of disparaging remarks about specific races or ethnic groups:

- white men/people can't jump (in the context of Basketball usually)
- white people can't dance or keep rythm
- black people are stupid (or less intelligent than Asians or white people, they say then that they, black people, are more physically inclined or better equipped; evolutionary propagandizers were and still are involved in this notion/philosophy and myth/false story, see 2 Tim 4:3,4, linked earlier; they'll start talking about the notion and evolutionary myth that 'it's in the genes')
- non-white people, and in particular black or Latino are more prone to violence and crime, or they are more aggressive (less civilized, more 'law of the jungle'-like, evolutionary mythology is involved again)
- white people are more racist
- black people are more racist
- Asians are more racist
- Latinos are more racist (yeah, they all like to throw the accusation around, never ever looking in the mirror as they do so)

Focus on the lyrics, not the music video (well, after 3:00, before that it's alright, but some of the things after that may give the wrong impression as to whose example to follow; I don't really want to get into details now, but it has to do with false religion and those doing works or charity "in order to be seen by men", as Jesus warned about these types that do it for self-gain, in this case a social benefit rather than financial; although Greenpeace likes to make money as well, for their 'top' people and associates/friends with benefits; oh, I just noticed that the guy praying to be seen by men is already shown at 0:58).

"All the works they do, they do to be seen by men". (Matthew 23:5)

Matthew 6:1-6

“Take care not to practice your righteousness in front of men to be noticed by them; otherwise you will have no reward with your Father who is in the heavens. 2 So when you make gifts of mercy, do not blow a trumpet ahead of you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be glorified by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 3 But you, when making gifts of mercy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your gifts of mercy may be in secret. Then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you.

5 “Also, when you pray, do not act like the hypocrites, for they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the main streets to be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret. Then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you.

You can sometimes recognize these types by the special robes or clothing that they wear, to stand out, 'to practice their righteousness in front of men' so that everyone can see clearly how supposedly pious and righteous they are. The context in Matthew 23 has some more details how the religious leaders of Jesus' day did that. There's a scene in the video in the OP about the TV show that actor is in, that actually quotes Jesus from Matthew 23, a bit further on in the chapter (verse 23). But it's all part of Jesus pointing out the same hypocrisy, nothing has changed since then, religious figures, in particular prominent ones or those with a leading role, still do it, they haven't learned one bit. And that TV show about Jesus won't help much either if they leave out the rest of the chapter (Matthew 23).

Eccl. 1:9,10

9 What has been is what will be,

And what has been done will be done again;

There is nothing new under the sun.

10 Is there anything of which one may say, “Look at this—it is new”?

It already existed from long ago;

It already existed before our time.

In Matthew 13:13-15 and John 8:42-47 Jesus explains why they haven't learned (till this day). Among other places where he addresses the problem.

Just one, John 8:42-47:

Jesus said to them: “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but that One sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot listen to* [Or “accept.”] my word. 44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Who of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it that you do not believe me? 47 The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why you do not listen, because you are not from God.”
edit on 19-2-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 12:16 AM
link   
That thumbnail.....LMAO

I haven't looked at Whoppi in years. Now, she looks like a TE for the Saints!
😄
edit on 19-2-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Paul pointed out that within so many years the Church would not be recognizable as man would take it over and corruption would ensue. Fellowship doesn't have to mean at a building of some religion. Bible reading requires just a bible.

He also said: “And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as YOU behold the day drawing near.” (Heb. 10:24,25; NW Study Edition)

“And let us consider* [Or “be concerned about; pay attention to.”] one another so as to incite* [Or “motivate; stir up.”] to love and fine works, not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near.” (NWT)

I think they capitalized the "YOU" (in the newer translation) to indicate it's a general 'you', rather than a personal 'you'. But I'm not sure, haven't checked. Anyway, the 1984 edition has more footnotes, which is why I prefer it (actually, since I'm using the website, I noticed it says "Revised 2013"; anyway, it still has more footnotes).

By the way, I did notice you mentioned "fellowship" (as in you can do that another way as well). It's easier to do at regular intervals at a specific building where everyone knows at what time Bible teachings will be taught, and these efforts to incite one another to love and fine works can commence (feeding on Bible teachings being such a fine work). Also so that no partiality can occur (only hanging out with close friends or those who we feel more drawn to, better chemistry with; possibly with little focus on Bible teachings or inciting one another to love and fine works; it's also easier if those you hang out with are of the same race as you, and no one of another race is there, that one falls into the trap of 'taking delight in flattering comments about one's own race or ethnic group or in disparaging remarks about others', as discussed and bolded in the article in my previous commentary, the last 2. Satan is very cunning and sneaky like that, or should I say snaky
).

Acts 10:34,35

At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial, but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.

James 2:8-10

If, now, you carry out the royal* [Or “kingly.”] law according to the scripture, “You must love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing quite well. 9 But if you continue showing favoritism, you are committing sin, and you are convicted* [Or “reproved.”] by the law as transgressors.

10 For if anyone obeys all the Law but makes a false step in one point, he has become an offender against all of it.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 03:50 AM
link   
- I've been Catholic all my life and never seen an image of Jesus as blonde haired and blue eyed.

- If you go to the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception in Washington DC, you will see images of Jesus and Mary from around the world, and they are often depicted looking like the people of those countries .... Spanish, Asian, Black, etc.

- The View is GARBAGE TV. Just arrogant intolerant old biddies mouthing off about how Republicans have caused all their problems. I can't believe it's still on the air.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Found a few more drawings of Jesus (concerning what he may have looked like). No one knows exactly what Jesus looked like, since his physical appearance is not described in the Bible. This indicates that Jesus’ physical features are not important. However, the Bible does give us some idea of Jesus’ general appearance.

There's a specific Biblical reason why they (those I took these drawings from) don't show him with long hair. It is unlikely that Jesus’ hair was long, because the Bible says that “long hair is a dishonor to a man.”​—1 Corinthians 11:14.

Jesus wore a beard. He followed Jewish law, which prohibited adult males from ‘disfiguring the edges of their beard.’ (Leviticus 19:27; Galatians 4:4) Also, the Bible mentions Jesus’ beard in a prophecy about his suffering.​—Isaiah 50:6.

All indications are that Jesus was physically robust. During his ministry, he traveled many miles. (Matthew 9:​35) He cleansed the Jewish temple twice, overturning the tables of money changers, and once drove out livestock with a whip. (Luke 19:45, 46; John 2:​14, 15) McClintock and Strong’s Cyclopedia states: “The whole evangelical narrative indicates [Jesus’] sound and vigorous bodily health.”​—Volume IV, page 884.

Misconception: Jesus was always somber, melancholy.

Fact: Jesus perfectly reflected the qualities of his heavenly Father, Jehovah, whom the Bible describes as “the happy God.” (1 Timothy 1:​11; John 14:9) In fact, Jesus taught others how to be happy. (Matthew 5:​3-9; Luke 11:28) These facts indicate that Jesus often reflected happiness in his facial expressions.

Jesus was warm and compassionate, and his facial expressions no doubt reflected this. (Matthew 11:28, 29) People of all sorts sought him out for comfort and help. (Luke 5:​12, 13; 7:​37, 38) Even children felt at ease in his presence.​—Matthew 19:13-​15; Mark 9:​35-​37.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Go to the old city.

2nd

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The Jesus we have today in paintings and images you can blame Leonardo Da Vinci for. He painted Cesare Borgia in the form of Jesus and since him, it just kind of stuck. I dont see why Cesare is all THAT not jewish..

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Thank you for your thoughtful posts. The important part about the law was Jesus fulfilled all of it. We are charged with Loving God, by also having no other gods before him, and loving our neighbors. ONCE, a person realizes this, all the pressure is off. Good deeds for others almost do themselves because you just flow into them.

a reply to: whereislogic

top topics

<< 1   >>

join