It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trial to See Whether Craig Wright is the Creator of Bitcoin Completed its Second Week

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But I’d implore you to look into the bitcoin halving cycle. I personally think that has more of an impact on its price action than politics.

I'm aware of it and I agree of it having impact. Yet the gains and losses of significance I would argue aren't on par with the election cycle and of course FOMO, grift, propaganda ect.

And I certainly agree that the games are afoot, but remember Stinky, all the bubbles and bursts of the past to the detriment of casual investors and of course holders of the property within the bubble.

My only point here is that this isn't new and if you can time it right, there's lots of upside and profit potential. I just think it's funny that even Wright is among the circumstances yet again.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I wear a different hat when I trade vs when I think of my world view.

I try not to bleed the two. When I do measure world view bs the market, I don’t tie in my own, rather I try to imagine the current popular opinion against the market.

It’s not what I think it should do, but what the majority is betting.

That said, I’d bet crypto is going to do what it’s going to do regardless of political cycles.

It’s here, institutions were forced to bring it into their portfolios. And BTC being the only one in the stock market means there’s going to be a lot of added pressure in its timeframe where it would normally rise anyways.

Trump, Biden, or some crazy audible, my guess is it’s going to go up.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: putnam6

Eh, you’d be surprised.

It’s actually main stream now with zero hoops. Black rock made an ETF, and there’s other stocks that almost trade to the spot price. There’s probably at least ten stocks you can trade where you’re mainly in BTC, plus, you can buy options and leverage your bet. That can even force them to buy more BTC if they’re forced to hold a certain amount based off of price action.

The Bitcoin halving is in April(ish), and I don’t see coincidence in the timing of the graces from the market overlords in the lead up to that.

I wouldn’t tell anyone to bet the house right now or even buy in. But I wouldn’t be surprised if we see something crazy with bitcoin this spring or summer.

I think we have differing definitions of the mainstream, no doubt yours is probably accurate too

how many Americans use crypto for transactions ONLY not investing etc.

www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I don’t actually see crypto as a currency replacement.

I just don’t imagine it being realistic.

But it being a currency alternative vs a bonified asset is an argument I think a lot of people get lost on.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I think it's an incredible chance that rigtly so, scares the # out of the Fiat dinosaurs...

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

I think it's an incredible chance that rigtly so, scares the # out of the Fiat dinosaurs...

It looks that way on a lot of levels, again admittedly I don't know enough about it. It's like the article said if China has the digital Yuan the US has to have a counter-alternative USDC and having to have that alternative adds value to the overall market or is that overly simplistic

All I know is if I had waited 2-3 years and bought my meager holdings 12 months ago it would be up 47% instead of down 50%.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Something i think might become important is that we pay for data, but we also add value to it which we don't profit from. Crypto has potential to make the internet very profitable place for many in a much more decentralized way.

I hope that the initial idea of decentralized systems remains the main narrative and isn't highjacked now that BTC is in the ETF market...

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   

If Wright was Satoshi, it's easily proven and he could have done it 8 or 10 years ago when this first came up.

Not necessarily.

It's possible that Wright was the original inventor, or one of the main inventors of Bitcoin, and that his work on it was part of a contract with stipulations and non-disclosures.

It's also possible that Wright doesn't have full access to the original wallet, but could still have been the original inventor, or one of them.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

Possible, sure.

Yet not likely.

He's been making this claim since 2015 if memory serves.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

He was involved in another case regarding a former partner of his who had passed away...

Here we go:

Australian man Craig Wright wins US court battle for bitcoin fortune worth billions

Craig Wright, an Australian computer scientist who claims to be the inventor of bitcoin, has prevailed in a civil trial against the family of a deceased business partner that claimed it was owed half of a cryptocurrency fortune worth tens of billions of dollars.

A Florida jury on Monday found that Wright did not owe half of 1.1m bitcoins to the family of David Kleiman. The jury did award US$100m in intellectual property rights to a joint venture between the two men, a fraction of what Kleiman’s lawyers were asking for at trial.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'm not sure how that case is attributable to the claim of Wright being Satoshi.

Nick Szabo are much better contender IMO. Good friends with the departed Hal Phiney who was the first person to receive BTC.

ETA:

I went and found this dating back to December of 2015 when they were still quibbling over what the case you provided concluded.

edit on 18-2-2024 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   
COPA vs Wright: What's at Stake as the Trial to Determine Satoshi's Identity Wraps Up

The Crypto Open Patent Alliance and Craig Wright will present their closing statements in the trial to find out if Wright is Satoshi.

Justice James Mellor has not yet said when his decision will be out.

The results of the identity case against Wright could have implications on other ongoing cases.

This week attorneys representing bitcoin developers and the Crypto Open Patent Alliance (COPA), an organization that says it is fighting for "freedom from threats" on crypto technology, will tell a judge that Craig S. Wright is not, in fact, Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto. Wright, who declared he was Nakamoto in 2016, will close his case arguing he did create what is now the world's largest and most valuable cryptocurrency.

The closing arguments will wrap up a month-long trial brought by COPA, which seeks to prove Wright isn't Nakamoto and deny him the ability to claim copyrights or sue under the name Nakamoto again. If Wright succeeds, he'll have a huge leg up in other cases he has against exchanges Coinbase, Kraken and others.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Craig Wright ‘Committed Perjury’ in U.K. Trial Over Satoshi Claims, COPA Says

Counsel for the Crypto Open Patent Alliance (COPA) – made up of Twitter founder Jack Dorsey’s Block and crypto firms like Coinbase and Kraken – began closing statements on Tuesday by saying the evidence shared during the trial shows “beyond doubt” that Wright isn’t Satoshi.

“Following the evidence in this trial, it is clearer than ever – clear beyond doubt – that Dr. Wright is not Satoshi Nakamoto. He did not write the Bitcoin white paper, produce the Bitcoin code or implement the Bitcoin system,” COPA Counsel Jonathan Hough said.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   

He is NOT the father!

*audience gasps*

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join