It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic senator reveals 'people we care about most' are 'undocumented Americans' in US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

originally posted by: JAY1980
a reply to: FlyersFan
You know what the hardest part I have with all this?

Is watching people like you complain about this then turn around and support policies that displace millions of people around the globe.

If you really wanna stop illegally immigration write your senators and tell them not to sanction South American countries to the point where they collapse and their populations have no choice but to either flee or starve. No amount of walls will save us from what's coming next. We must cut this off at the sources.

Venezuela, Guatemala, and Ecuador have been destroyed by Obama era policies and sanctions.
Source

If we removed them I guarantee a large portion of illegal immigrants would return home immediately.

Sad I have to add this as a disclaimer, but honestly that's a reflection of you all not me.

Understanding the causes and correlations of illegal immigration doesn't mean I support illegal immigration. It simply means I have taken the time and energy to look past the legacy media(FOX included) BS to see far enough up stream to see the actual source of the problem.

For the slow ones that need to read this post again
just so they can attempt to understand

yes, we get it, Democrat policies ruin nations. Currently, they are trying to ruin ours, so we are a bit pre-occupied ATM. Once we can get the current potato out, maybe we can try to focus on other natioins.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: chr0naut

I think (havent slept well so ton of salt) if you included the (reaching into memory) the 10 million or so that was estimated to be here in the late 80s-mid 90s, then some claim including estimates on got aways we are pushing 10 million since 2020.

IF those numbers were both right we are in the realm of 30 million.

Nothing more than a wild arsed guess.

Yeah, but as I demonstrated, that number does not jibe with reasonably accurate current population demographics.

So it is possible that those larger estimated numbers err on the side of the opinions of people who have an ethnically biased political agenda.

how many illegal aliens does your island nation currently have? And how much room do you have for more? I bet many would love to come there, as your home must give out lots of free stuff. we can prep the boat and have it set sail in a few days.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I think (havent slept well so ton of salt) if you included the (reaching into memory) the 10 million or so that was estimated to be here in the late 80s-mid 90s, then some claim including estimates on got aways we are pushing 10 million since 2020.

IF those numbers were both right we are in the realm of 30 million.

Nothing more than a wild arsed guess.

Yeah, but as I demonstrated, that number does not jibe with reasonably accurate current population demographics.

So it is possible that those larger estimated numbers err on the side of the opinions of people who have an ethnically biased political agenda.

how many illegal aliens does your island nation currently have? And how much room do you have for more? I bet many would love to come there, as your home must give out lots of free stuff. we can prep the boat and have it set sail in a few days.

Well, for one we don't call them "illegal aliens". They are visa overstayers or refugees.

As we have a lot of seasonal agricultural workers, we often have people overstay their visas, and there is a significant number of legal processes to try and get them to comply, depending upon the reason that they have overstayed.

If they do not have an accepted reason, or they refuse to seek validation of their presence in the country, then they are given a date by which they must either comply or leave. If they have not left by that date and all other options for validating them being in the country have expired, they will be deported.

Overstayers do not have the same legal protections as citizens or visa holders, and there have been cases of unscrupulous employers abusing overstayers as cheap and near slave laborers. There are strong penalties for abusers of non-visa holding workers, and for those who traffic or misrepresent the situation for laborers.

The employers of migratory workers also have duties to document the employment, pay adequate wages, fees, taxes, etc, and assist in the legal process of extending the visas of those they employ.

There are different processes for handling different types of overstayers, and for refugees as well.

Might I suggest that if you intend coming here by sail boat, that it might be quicker and cheaper by air (tyranny of distance, and all that). Also, US citizens have no automatic rights to stay here and so it would be a good idea to apply for a visa that matches the type and duration of your stay.

Also, due to changes to firearm laws because of an incident in March 2019, you must leave your firearms at home.
Haere mai.

edit on 2024-02-09T09:07:37-06:0009Fri, 09 Feb 2024 09:07:37 -060002am00000029 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

that's so nice that you don't call them such a derogatory term. Do you also call drug dealers "unlicensed pharmacists"?

And I wasn't planning on coming myself, though I would like to see it one day. I was speaking of sending our "refugees from other nations that cross our borders in unapproved locations subverting our laws of immigration" to your land, as you appear to have such a soft spot for their plight. Just as long as you aren't a NIMBY.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   

that's so nice that you don't call them such a derogatory term. Do you also call drug dealers "unlicensed pharmacists"?

Nah, in the rest of the English speaking world we tend to abbreviate the names of things. Like using the word "car" instead of "automotive vehicle" or "lift" instead of "elevator" - that sort of thing.

And I wasn't planning on coming myself, though I would like to see it one day. I was speaking of sending our "refugees from other nations that cross our borders in unapproved locations subverting our laws of immigration" to your land, as you appear to have such a soft spot for their plight. Just as long as you aren't a NIMBY.

As you can probably infer from the song, the culture of NZ is quite more accepting of others.

It's a totally different mindset.

Like every day is an outdoor market, where there's stacks of different food stalls from 100 cultures, you can also pick up a real bargain, everyone is friendly even though you don't know them, they are all smiling having fun and just doing their thing.

Probably because it's not some dingy police state where everyone carries weapons for fear of attack, or lives in fear of reciprocal invasion ('cause that's what they did before).

It's Pacific Islands. Literally.

edit on 2024-02-09T09:41:22-06:0009Fri, 09 Feb 2024 09:41:22 -060002am00000029 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

originally posted by: JAY1980
You know what the hardest part I have with all this?

Is watching people like you complain about this then turn around and support policies that displace millions of people around the globe.

If you really wanna stop illegally immigration write your senators and tell them not to sanction South American countries to the point where they collapse and their populations have no choice but to either flee or starve. No amount of walls will save us from what's coming next. We must cut this off at the sources.

Venezuela, Guatemala, and Ecuador have been destroyed by Obama era policies and sanctions.
Source

If we removed them I guarantee a large portion of illegal immigrants would return home immediately.

Sad I have to add this as a disclaimer, but honestly that's a reflection of you all not me.

Understanding the causes and correlations of illegal immigration doesn't mean I support illegal immigration. It simply means I have taken the time and energy to look past the legacy media(FOX included) BS to see far enough up stream to see the actual source of the problem.

For the slow ones that need to read this post again
just so they can attempt to understand

yes, we get it, Democrat policies ruin nations. Currently, they are trying to ruin ours, so we are a bit pre-occupied ATM. Once we can get the current potato out, maybe we can try to focus on other natioins.

Said another way, both parties, the current POTUS , the last and the next are ruining the nation.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 05:27 PM
link   

edit on 2/9/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the phrase "Not actual Americans who were born here or who came here legally. But 'undocumented Americans', as the Dems use it anymore means something entirely different to them than what you and I might have naturally thought.

As far as the Leftist Dems are concerned, the term "American" applies to anyone born in South America, Central America, Mexico, the US and/or Canada. They don't recognize anyone as being here "illegally"; they simply see a difference between those who are "documented", I.e. have a Social Security Card and those that are not so documented. In their minds, it has nothing to do with "citizenship" because as far as they are concerned, all "Americans", I.e. those born on the continents that make up "America" are all "citizens" of the "Americas". In their minds "citizenship" of a nation is meaningless except as to function to determine the status of documentation.

Yea, it's a subtle distinction but it goes to the fact that the Leftist Dems are so aligned with the UN/WEF that they really don't recognize "national" citizenship anymore.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cvastar
t the Leftist Dems are so aligned with the UN/WEF that they really don't recognize "national" citizenship anymore.

They are 'globalists'. So is Nicki Haley. She proudly said so. The globalists think that borders should be abolished and that having any kind of patriotism is evil. Twisted stuff.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join