It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Plan To Reduce The Number of White Males In Aviation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Are they creating new jobs? like maybe "Inflight Structural Stress Inspectors" ? 😀

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   
When the NBA is trying to figure out how to include more Asians and less Blacks I might bother to listen. If only for amusement, fear is the one response I refuse to indulge in for any media messaging these days.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: malte86

It was Never About Race , but Politics . It ALWAYS Is.......

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit
Doling out jobs based on race is racist.

It is. Unfortunately that is what happened for decades and decades, horrifying I know, and now positive discrimination is required to counter those decades of preferential treatment for white, heterosexual males because, turns out, lack of diversity is a major cause of a lack of innovation and therefore, bad for business. Oopsie.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Next State Farm Car Insurance will have Michelle Rodriguez doing commercials 😀

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

They're increasing because FAA regulations allow for planes to be cleared to land when a plane is still lined up for take off. It wasn't a problem when it was written, because air traffic was low enough that they had time between flights. Now that air traffic is up, the number of incidents is increasing. There's also this really neat thing the FAA does where they force controllers to retire at a mandatory retirement age, but they won't finish training their replacements until they retire. They have a certain number of controllers on the books, and they want to keep that number, so technically they have the same number of controllers on the books, but they don't have the same level of training.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Any idea how often this happens?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Fun fact. The FAA plan to require fewer white pilots in the cockpit is actually something that can't be done simply by saying "Hire more minorities". The airlines are responsible for hiring pilots, while the FAA is responsible for certifying them as they go through the process. The airlines then test them, by running them through simulators and live flight training. Once they're flying passengers they're flying with check pilots, and having to pass certifications along the way. If at some point they fail those checks they can be fired, or required to go through more training.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

originally posted by: Solvedit
Doling out jobs based on race is racist.

It is. Unfortunately that is what happened for decades and decades, horrifying I know, and now positive discrimination is required to counter those decades of preferential treatment for white, heterosexual males because, turns out, lack of diversity is a major cause of a lack of innovation and therefore, bad for business. Oopsie.
What goal is positive discrimination required for, if you don't mind my asking? And where does it turn out that lack of diversity is bad for business? Do you have a study to cite?

What you're doing there is assuming the only cause of a disparity of outcomes is discrimination.

I'd be the first to admit, though, that probably quite a few white male gatekeepers don't know their job and simply assume people of other races have lesser qualifications, or simply believe in ethnofascism or white supremacy. But it still leaves the question of "how do we know when it's fair?"
edit on 8-2-2024 by Solvedit because: added a sentence.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

If someone were smart there would be a lawsuit. This is discrimination plane and simple.

LOL. Slow clap. Nicely done! "Plane" and simple. hahaha. Well played pun.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: FlyersFan

That video is from 2 years ago.

Is it any surprise that we're now seeing the results of those policies in action?

Depends on your faith in humanity and it’s innate morality.

Which, call me a cynic, in this instance makes it not very surprising at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: davegazi2point1

Yep, it flew over some people's heads unfortunately, but it landed with us!

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LetsGoViking

And also don't be a jihadi who practices crashing into the White House in a flight sim all weekend, right?

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: malte86
a reply to: FlyersFan

what are these inferiority complexes of many "white" men actually based on? and at what point do you actually a white person?
Recall which side the racism is on lately, especially in this thread.

If the OP is to be believed, the FAA has a plan to discriminate by gender and race.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join