It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen baseball player kills friend with a bat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What started out as a very normal evening of youth baseballturned deadly at the snack bar. A 13 year-old boy was being razed by a 15 year-old friend about being the losing pitcher to a team that hadn't won a game, when the 13 year-old pulled a bat from an equiptment bag he was holding and struck the 15 year-old in the head. This happened yesterdaY in Palmdale California. The boy was pronounced dead upon arriving at the hospital.

Is thisanother sign of the times?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think things like this have been happening for ages, haven't they? It really doensn't surprise me though. Adolescent violence has been getting a lot of news coverage these past several years.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
unfortunatly it may just be a sign of the times.

nice to know that are civilization is getting less civilized as times go on. wonder if there was something going on between the two before this happened. but it is sad we have not lost but one but two kids to this happening. one dead and chances are the other will be put into a criminal training facility, aka juvy hall or jail. i have to wonder at all the reasons someone will take such a rash action in the first place. mabe it is time to find a way to instill morals into the children. they oviously are not leaning much about it right now.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
BASEBALL IS KILL OUR YOUTH!!!

It's not a sign of our times. It's a sign of an ill child, a poor upbringing, a poor education, and a bad environment. The 'times' means nothing, unless you mean 'a time when this is possible' in which case, yeah, it is, but so is every time.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It's all part of the diseased "tough guy" culture that is so prevalent today.
There is of course only one solution - kill all the violent people.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Youth violence is on rise here in Australia too. Just last week, a gang of 10 youths aged 10-14 (including a few girls) attacked a pair of female japanese tourists, beating them and kicking them. Welcome to Generation Y.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
baseball bats don't kill people....people kill people. This obviously is a call to outlaw one of the most dangerous weapons known to man -- the bat or bludgeon. This deviously simple weapon is responsible for thousands if not millions of deaths since man figured out to use his opposable thumbs to grasp tree branches. Since that fateful moment, the weapon dealers, merchants of death that they are, have perfected their implements of mayhem until its' present incarnation....the baseball bat.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
BAN ALL BATS! And sticks, and boards, ban them all!!!! After all, they have killed more then guns, same with mop buckets.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'd say it means that there is a breaking point to amount of bullcrap anyone will take and if you intend to badger the hell outta someobody, you better damn well know what that point is or have a bat of your own.

In today's world, most schools teach socialization and council kids on self asteem and confidence. The result is a departure from the bullied student of yester year who just took it and went home feeling like crap. He had no self asteem nor did he feel like he was above the torture he took.

These days, every child is conditioned to feel like they deserve certain respect and liberties and when someone tries to wrongfully take that away, it gets violent because lets face it, when left with no option and no authority, thats all that thats left. Now, we need to begin to let the would be bullys know this because for some reason, they don't seem to get it until its too damn late and they are either taking a lick to the head or staring down the wrong end of a gun.

yeah, my point sounds unthinkable and too brutal and maybe even offensive but the emotion aspect doesn't seem to be changing the reality of the situtation. Its all well and good to tell someone they cannot carry things to this extreme just because they are being picked on but its another to actually control the situation all across the country.

It is a sign of the times. A sign that each individual now think they deserve human treatment and are seemingly more than prepared to enforce that.

My advice is, if your don't like someone, leave them the hell alone. People will dance around this for another couple decades until they finally have to accept the fact that bullys are being put of of business the hard way. The cure is, of course that kids begin to be civil to one another no matter the differences.

The alternative is not good for either side but its apparent to me that now days kids would rather kill and die than take a lifetime of crap from some smartass bully. Whether we can blame them for it or not is irellivant as is how we feel about it. Its the reality and we can teach our kids to either learn to interact without using the weak to build themselves up or we go on waiting for the terrible call to come in.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Stop blaming this **** on my generation! This is not a sign of the times but a sign of greed. This has been happening long before my generation and will continue to happen, the only difference is that there are people out there who will exploit anyone's death for the sake of a buck.

top topics

join