It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Council of Elohim under YHWH - God & the gods. Psalm 82 holds the answers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

A scholar named Michael S. Heiser has done a fair amount of work in recent years in the attempt to expound on the nature of God (YHWH - the supreme Deity) & the Council of Elohim (the 'gods' whom He consults regarding the affairs of the Earth). In effect, he is saying that God is seated as Judge in the heavenly court, with His council of lesser 'gods' being tasked with co-ruling alongside/ under His sovereign aegis.

This is a fascinating theory, and there are plenty of additional points which the author raises which give me a great deal of hope & optimism for the future, which I believe is needed in spades at this current time, as we observe the coordinated destruction of society by the 'elite' based in NGOs such as the World Economic Forum, with their 'penetrated' cabinets around the world, and of course the clear & present danger posed by the WHO pandemic treaty & amendments to the International Health Regulations. Both of these actions will be announced in parallel later this year, in May, at the International Health Summit. They will prepare the very real possibility that new lockdowns will be announced for all manner of alleged 'health' crises, which can even include a wave of disinformation, according to their own statements regarding what will be regulated by their determinations on the new 'rules'. Our own governments will not be able to resist the mandates which the WHO imposes, unless they withdraw completely from the WHO, which is unlikely to happen without some huge black swan event that changes the course of a nation's progress altogether.

The scholar mentioned in this OP, Michael S. Heiser, has made it very clear that many of the 'gods' which were established as spirit rulers of the nations of the world in the wake of the Tower of Babel moment, when languages were confused & different nations established to prevent mass complicity (IE a new world order), are actually now hostile to God, and to Mankind, and they have very explicitly favoured the wicked, preventing righteous rule of those nations, leading to the terrible corruption which we have witnessed for millennia. Even now, as we edge ever closer to a literal New World Order, operant under the the United Nations, but correlated to the whims & wishes of groups such as the World Economic Forum & the WHO, it is plain to see that those spirit rulers, operating in the shadows of the deep state in each nation, are very much aligned with the intent of crushing the human spirit, denying freedom to the masses, and imprisoning people in ever-tightening corrals of 'digital gulags' where information is restricted & censored & literal 15 minute cities/ weaponisation of climate 'science' are effected, so that we all are prevented from travelling around the world (or even around our own nation), prevented from driving the cars that give us actual freedom to travel (the electric vehicles will not get you to the beach here in the UK, anyone living in London with an electric vehicle will be stranded just beyond the M25 motorway ringroad around London..)

The rebellion of these rulers is noted expressly in Psalm 82, in which God addresses the council of the Elohim, or lesser gods, and declares that because of their corruption there will come a time at which they will die like mortals, losing the eternal life which they had been given as a gift by their Creator.

God presides in the divine assembly;

He renders judgment among the gods:

“How long will you judge unjustly

and show partiality to the wicked?

(Selah)

Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;

uphold the rights of the afflicted and oppressed.

Rescue the weak and needy;

save them from the hand of the wicked.

They do not know or understand;

they wander in the darkness;

all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

I have said, ‘You are gods;

you are all sons of the Most High.’

But like mortals you will die,

and like rulers you will fall.”

Arise, O God, judge the earth,

for all the nations are Your inheritance.

Psalm 82

This psalm lays the groundwork for the theory that those tales of 'gods' in our ancient past were not imaginary or illusory phantoms of mystics, they were & are literal spiritual beings which are able to take on corporeal form, literally interacting with humans openly in antiquity, though in more recent times they seem either constrained by divine decree, or hidden in the shadows by their own decision. Either way, they seem not to interact openly with humans today, except perhaps in rarified circles of powerful 'elite' members of the upper classes who will very much be on board with the plan for a New World Order which opposes God & intends to crush human freedoms & the human spirit.

A couple of additional points which are interesting from the theories of Michael S. Heiser include the following:

- The New Earth & New Heaven, after the time of the End of Days, will be the realm in which humans, resurrected & made immortal with perfected bodies following the judgment, operate, to make perfect the world again & establish it as a revived Eden. So we won't be lazing around on clouds with harps & halos; we'll be active & involved in perfecting this Earth, correcting the errors & sins of those rulers which are in open rebellion against God. We will in effect take their places, as in the parable of the talents, if we apply ourselves & prove ourselves worthy, God will place us in positions of authority over the nations, as the world is redeemed through the action of men & women made perfect, reigning with Christ in the glory that is to come.

- Humans & angels alike are so-called 'imagers' of God. We were made in the image of God, per the account in Genesis, however that mysterious event took place. We were placed in this world carrying the same essential nature as the God who created us, being body, soul & spirit. We all carry God's image in us, and so we are to treat all others with the same respect we would afford to angels, as with the passage in the New Testament in which it is said that we should be kind & hospitable to strangers & wayfarers, because "in so doing, some have entertained angels unawares". As persons carrying the image of God we have a responsibility, a sacred duty, not to malign or tarnish that image of the Most High which is reflected in us, obviously to a far lesser degree, yet still the distinction remains a matter of holiness, and our actions in the world are to be as thoughtful & careful as if we were working for God at every stage of our life's journey.

In our discussion of Old Testament angelology, I’ll draw your attention to the plural language of Genesis 1:26 (“let us make humankind in our image,”). That language isn’t a cryptic reference to the Trinity. God is speaking to his heavenly host. He is sharing a decision with them—decreeing his will, as it were. If he were speaking to the members of the Trinity, they would already know what’s in God’s mind, because they are co-equal and coeternal with him. Instead, the plural language of Genesis 1:26 intentionally connects humanity, God, and the members of the heavenly host with respect to an important biblical concept: imaging God.

Imaging God is about representation—acting on God’s behalf at his behest.

'Angels' by Michael S. Heiser

It's an excellent book which deeply discusses the realm of angels & the human experience, I highly recommend it..!

FITO.

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintmentinteresting Genesis has some things in it that makes you go hum....

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 05:34 PM
link   

edit on -21600pmp0520241258 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   

edit on 1/12/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Great thread. Thanks for posting this. Mike Heiser (R.I.P.) was a rare scholar and researcher in the ancient languages, theologies, and Bible history fields. He never shied away from discussing controversial and really "out there" topics, as he demonstrated by appearing on Art Bells radio show.

Another great scholar is Bishop Robert Barron, who has a series called 'Word on Fire' which you can find on YouTube.

Baron appeared on the Lex Friedman podcast, and did a long interview. It's fantastic.

youtu.be...
edit on 12-1-2024 by ColeYounger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 08:16 PM
link   
thanks OP. fascinating topic / thread.

one theory is that these national princes were defeated and imprisoned by Jesus at his Crucifixion / resurrection.
source of Eph 4:8
'This is why it says: “When he ascended on high, He took many captives and gave gifts to his people.” ' (NIV)
there is also an enigmatic reference to 'preaching to imprisoned spirits' (I Pe 3:19)

I have always wondered whether there was an actual demon Baal etc.

I'm guessing this is the same assembly mentioned in Job when Satan appears.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 03:34 AM
link   
At Psalm 82:1, 6, ʼelo·himʹ is used of men, human judges in Israel. Jesus quoted from this Psalm at John 10:34, 35. They were gods in their capacity as representatives of and spokesmen for Jehovah. Similarly Moses was told that he was to serve as “God” to Aaron and to Pharaoh.​—Ex 4:16; 7:1.

When charged by opposers with ‘making himself a god,’ Jesus’ reply was: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’? If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came, and yet the Scripture cannot be nullified, do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son?” (John 10:31-37) Jesus there quoted from Psalm 82, in which human judges, whom God condemned for not executing justice, were called “gods.” (Ps. 82:1, 2, 6, 7) Thus, Jesus showed the unreasonableness of charging him with blasphemy for stating that he was, not God, but God’s Son.

This charge of blasphemy arose as a result of Jesus’ having said: “I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30) That this did not mean that Jesus claimed to be the Father or to be God is evident from his reply, already partly considered. The oneness to which Jesus referred must be understood in harmony with the context of his statement. He was speaking of his works and his care of the “sheep” who would follow him. His works, as well as his words, demonstrated that there was unity, not disunity and disharmony, between him and his Father, a point his reply went on to emphasize. (John 10:25, 26, 37, 38; compare 4:34; 5:30; 6:38-40; 8:16-18.) As regards his “sheep,” he and his Father were likewise at unity in their protecting such sheeplike ones and leading them to everlasting life. (John 10:27-29; compare Ezekiel 34:23, 24.) Jesus’ prayer on behalf of the unity of all his disciples, including future ones, shows that the oneness or union between Jesus and his Father was not as to identity of person but as to purpose and action. In this way Jesus’ disciples could “all be one,” just as he and his Father are one.—John 17:20-23.

In harmony with this, Jesus, responding to a question by Thomas, said: “If you men had known me, you would have known my Father also; from this moment on you know him and have seen him,” and, in answer to a question from Philip, Jesus added: “He that has seen me has seen the Father also.” (John 14:5-9) Again, Jesus’ following explanation shows that this was so because he faithfully represented his Father, spoke the Father’s words and did the Father’s works. (John 14:10, 11; compare John 12:28, 44-49.) It was on this same occasion, the night of his death, that Jesus said to these very disciples: “The Father is greater than I am.”—John 14:28.

The disciples ‘seeing’ the Father in Jesus can also be understood in the light of other Scriptural examples. Jacob, for instance, said to Esau: “I have seen your face as though seeing God’s face in that you received me with pleasure.” He said this because Esau’s reaction had been in harmony with Jacob’s prayer to God. (Gen. 33:9-11; 32:9-12) After God’s interrogation of Job out of a windstorm had clarified that man’s understanding, Job said: “In hearsay I have heard about you, but now my own eye does see you.” (Job 38:1; 42:5; see also Judges 13:21, 22.) The ‘eyes of his heart’ had been enlightened. (Compare Ephesians 1:18.) That Jesus’ statement about seeing the Father was meant to be understood figuratively and not literally is evident from his own statement at John 6:45 as well as from the fact that John, long after Jesus’ death, wrote: “No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom position with the Father is the one that has explained him.”—John 1:18; 1 John 4:12.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

WHO, UN and WEF

So how are they planning on controlling all the Narcos and Drug Cartels out there as some are so strong they can try to takeover a county as we have seen in this week? They are worth Billions

Oh, thats right as the WEF will control the money supply so we will be so spartan we will eat bugs, own nothing and enjoy life. Thus no money for drugs

Ecuador
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

WHO, UN and WEF

So how are they planning on controlling all the Narcos and Drug Cartels out there as some are so strong they can try to takeover a county as we have seen in this week? They are worth Billions

Oh, thats right as the WEF will control the money supply so we will be so spartan we will eat bugs, own nothing and enjoy life. Thus no money for drugs

Ecuador

don't know how relevant this is to the thread but its a valid point.
Bible prophecy suggests a 'mark of the beast' to control commerce. I've heard for years that that could help eliminate the drug trade.
also; Identity Theft is a concern.
the coming-world-order will be using these to justify their increasing control.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

“expound on the nature of God (YHWH - the supreme Deity) & the Council of Elohim (the 'gods' whom He consults regarding the affairs of the Earth)”

All authority Matt28

“Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” Acts 4

And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place.Rev6

The Assyrian god of YHVH/YHWH is bisexual & transgender

The 4 letters YHWH/YHVH & all the translations from it are all Babylonian Aramaic.

YHWH/YHVH is actually the tetragrammaton name of Baal

Witches & satanists chant the 4 letters of YHWH/YHVH! They are actually chanting the name of their pagan moon god Allah/YHWH!

Each Chaldean Letter of the 4 letters YHWH/YHVH are present on Witchcraft Tarot Card.

Egyptian is a language so ancient that it makes almost everything else on list look like a trendy blip.

In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the Lord Is19

The Egyptians call water by the name of Mo, and such as are saved out of it, by the name of Uses: so by putting these two words together, they imposed this name upon him. Hence Jesus=God saves

Use the cobra hieroglyph for ‘dj’ sounds as in ‘Jeremy’ or ‘Jenny’. The cobra sign is also used for soft ‘g’ sounds like ‘George’.

The words "I AM That I AM" comes from true Hebrew-
"EHJEH ASHER EHJEH". (Pronounced I-JE Asher I-JE)
Not Yiddish, Assyrian or Babylonian

He wasn't saying that His Name was "EHJEH ASHER EHJEH", but rather He was speaking a sentence that basically says "I am JE the beginning
edit on 14-1-2024 by Oxidaddio because: Comment to quote

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   

edit on 14-1-2024 by Oxidaddio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

Not relative to this thread? Really as this is part of the OPS thread. He started I commented:

Even now, as we edge ever closer to a literal New World Order, operant under the the United Nations, but correlated to the whims & wishes of groups such as the World Economic Forum & the WHO, it is plain to see that those spirit rulers, operating in the shadows of the deep state in each nation, are very much aligned with the intent of crushing the human spirit, denying freedom to the masses, and imprisoning people in ever-tightening corrals of 'digital gulags' where information is restricted & censored & literal 15 minute cities/ weaponisation of climate 'science' are effected, so that we all are prevented from travelling around the world (or even around our own nation), prevented from driving the cars

new topics

top topics

join