It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Throwing a pendulum into a black hole…

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: JJproductions
a reply to: quintessentone

I might be mangled but since you took this journey I have to try to pull you out!

Thanks I'm not ready for the long stay in that kind of dark place.

It only looks dark from the outside.

From the inside, it would have collected all the light that has ever hit it. It would be burningly bright even for a relatively new black hole.

The reason is that the acceleration of infalling matter causes it to heat and convert to energy, and so not only does it suck in and hold all photons that traverse the Schwarzschild radius, it would also be converting matter to energy (for that extra spicy zing!).

So, roast lamb, extra, extra well done.

edit on 2024-01-12T15:08:47-06:0003Fri, 12 Jan 2024 15:08:47 -060001pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: JJproductions
a reply to: quintessentone

I might be mangled but since you took this journey I have to try to pull you out!

Thanks I'm not ready for the long stay in that kind of dark place.

It only looks dark from the outside.

From the inside, it would have collected all the light that has ever hit it. It would be burningly bright even for a relatively new black hole.

The reason is that the acceleration of infalling matter causes it to heat and convert to energy, and so not only does it suck in and hold all photons that traverse the Schwarzschild radius, it would also be converting matter to energy (for that extra spicy zing!).

So, roast lamb, extra, extra well done.

That dazzling brilliancy might still burn out then blind my third eye and I'd still be in the dark.
Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Wow thank you for the info! I think we should open a eatery called black hole foods, (you bring it we cooooooooook the freak out of it)😋

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 03:10 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 1/13/2024 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join