It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just joined (long time reader, first time posting)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

To go straight into a cliché, I am a long time reader, first time poster. After several years of following ATS posts I finally decided to join.
I am from Portugal but live in the Netherlands and am interested in all sort of science topics. I am myself a biologist and did research on migratory birds for many years. I currently teach and am the father of four children who, together with my wife, form my family.
My interest in ATS mainly refers to personal curiosity about mysteries, namely UFO related stuff, but not only.
I always considered myself a rational, down to earth guy, but in the last few years learned that I am actually a raging conspiracy theorist because I never bought the official story about the so called "covid pandemic".
I don't think I will be starting any threads here, my family keeps me too busy to go deep enough down any rabbit holes, so I mainly joined to be able to comment on some of the interesting posts i read here.

See you around,
nietsboven

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nietsboven

Greeting and welcome,

I'm glad you came out of the shadows to join in, I hope it lasts through the year. The talk around here is that ATS may not be around much longer. So, if you like UFOs may I suggest the following link . . .

anomalist.com

If you'd like to join the exodus from ATS like rats from a sinking ship, PM me, and I'll try and fill you in on where the group is going.

Once again welcome.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

Thanks. That website looks interesting. Unfortunately the format is hard to read on the phone, where I mostly browse the web.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Welcome to the site. Joining has it's benefits, it is easier to see responses to your posts.

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Hi

Bird migration is fascinating. You should tell us of your science stuff and if it has remained the same over time or has it changed do to Earth magnetism or unfavorable conditions do to human or environmental factors? Whats your favorite bird? How come..... so many questions!!!!!!!! Welcome!

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Cre8chaos79

My favourite bird is probably the black-tailed godwit. I spent years chasing them between Portugal and The Netherlands. But also really like albatrosses, even if I never actually seen one.
I don't know of any changes to bird migration due to changes in the Earth's magnetism, but they do change due to human impact. They may skip migration areas due to disturbance or switch routes completely to better exploit food sources. For instance, the godwits I studied used to migrate from West Africa to western Europe directly, but now mostly stop in southern Europe because the expansion if rice fields in Portugal and especially Spain created great feeding conditions for them there. A case where human impact was positive for wild animals.

new topics

top topics

join