It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the internet affect quantum reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ok, this is a weird theory, so bear with me. One of the precepts of quantum theory, is that the act of observation affects outcome. IE the observer affects reality in the act of observation.

So here is my thought. Before the internet existed, most people at best, shared their thoughts with a small circle of people. So a shared group of people having a discussion, might have a small net effect on a small portion of physical reality in a shared observation about something. Now we have the internet, with literally billions of people sharing thoughts and observations among a much larger group. Since you now have a larger group of people sharing these thoughts and observations, its possible that the net effect of their cumulative observation might be much greater, affecting our general reality in a more noticeable way. In addition, there is a polarization of thought among groups of people, which could actually focus the observation affecting outcome affect almost like a lens focuses light. In effect, we might be changing our entire reality by doing this, and we might be in a totally different outcome because of this mass cumulative polarization of thought and observation. I know I have heard a lot of people on this site say that they have felt something is "off" the past few years, and we have seen a change in our society as well. Now maybe its just because we are becoming a more interconnected society and that's affecting us sociologically, or maybe its what I have posited. At any rate, I thought i would throw this out there and see what other people think about it.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Openminded2023

I think this is a very interesting concept. I too feel something is "off"....

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   

"Consensual Reality?"

"Perception is 90% of "Reality", the rest is just probability."

And old instructor of mine once told me that magic, the real magic, is just the Manipulation of Juxtaposed Infinite Continums (ie. "Realities"), hence: MaJIC!

I felt the "Off-ness" for several years prior to the Pandemic in 2020. When it hit, I "knew" that "This is what that was trying to tell me!".

Oddly enough, since 2020, I've felt that, even with all the extraordinary things that have happened (and are likely yet to happen )....

I, at least, am on the right course....That This is The Way Forward.
edit on 1-1-2024 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Openminded2023
Ok, this is a weird theory, so bear with me. One of the precepts of quantum theory, is that the act of observation affects outcome. IE the observer affects reality in the act of observation.

So here is my thought. Before the internet existed, most people at best, shared their thoughts with a small circle of people. So a shared group of people having a discussion, might have a small net effect on a small portion of physical reality in a shared observation about something. Now we have the internet, with literally billions of people sharing thoughts and observations among a much larger group. Since you now have a larger group of people sharing these thoughts and observations, its possible that the net effect of their cumulative observation might be much greater, affecting our general reality in a more noticeable way. In addition, there is a polarization of thought among groups of people, which could actually focus the observation affecting outcome affect almost like a lens focuses light. In effect, we might be changing our entire reality by doing this, and we might be in a totally different outcome because of this mass cumulative polarization of thought and observation. I know I have heard a lot of people on this site say that they have felt something is "off" the past few years, and we have seen a change in our society as well. Now maybe its just because we are becoming a more interconnected society and that's affecting us sociologically, or maybe its what I have posited. At any rate, I thought i would throw this out there and see what other people think about it.

The only problem with the theory of 'observation' in our social construct and it's affect on quantum reality is, it's impossible to simply observe and only observe. Humans don't do that. Our observing includes follow up actions, which thought is an action, sharing of those thoughts - again an action, and further actions influenced by observations and then thoughts.....See where I'm coming from?

Observing would be like watching ants in an ant house and taking no action whatsoever by the observer regardless of what was happening in the ant house. And people simply don't operate that way. And only observing has no effect what so ever on anything imho.

The internet is not an observatory. Its a flurry of constant action, 24/7 that reaches almost everyone. And influences billions.
edit on st31202400000031bMon, 01 Jan 2024 19:01:53 -06002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:13 AM
link   

edit on 1/2/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 06:48 AM
link   

This makes a lot of sense.

Great theory.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Mornin'....is not the Internet itself....the very description of "quantum-reality?✌️

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yes.

Most definitely.

Based on my observations on the state of things the Old School Masters are laying down the law when it comes to the best interests of Americans.

The American Dream has become corrupted by self serving interest groups who are abusing their Freedoms granted under the Original Intent and Vision of our Forefathers.

These Gentlemen of Insight, Wisdom, Temperance and Education are rising from their Slumber and doing what needs to be done to return America to a healthy and sustainable Balance.

It's not going to be easy for a lot of people, but speaking as a Daughter of the Revolution, and on line with the traditions of my Family and our station and duties in service to the General Welfare, Defense and Well Being of the Realm in the Old Country, and who honors the Peaceful Accords between my Forefathers and the Native People's, our shared interest in all dynamics of the Original Vision and subsequent amendments with considerations for the Wise, Balanced and Healthy and Environmentally Balanced Orders, I am ready to accept the challenges of this time in accordance with the Utopian Vision set forth by Men of Vision and Insight, and I will adhere to my Family Traditions, in accordance with my aptitudes and talents bestowed on me by my Creator and use New Technologies in the Defense of America according to my Oath, against all entities who would threaten the Peace, Stability, and Vision of our Forebearers with respect to Protecting the Innocent to the best of my abilities according to my Caste and Role by God's Own Design.

Right now I'm in a circumstance and pocket of reality operating in rhe dynamics of American History from the early 1920s through 1943.

Thank God our devices still work, God is with us.

In the interests of All American Citizens with respect to their interpersonal Dynamics and in respect to the work force we struggle to end abusive and exploitative practices that harm the Overall Collective Dynamic.

It's a process and there's work to be done.

You should see how much I have to sort and organize and help my husband's family m9ve our of Old habits and possessions that would be better suited for the trash and donation centers.

Oh God this is gonna take for freaking ever.

May the Germans have mercy on my limitstions, I am not shy to work and understand the value of it but please please please don't trap me in an oppressive cycle of endless and fruitless labor.

We all have our stories and rhis is mine.

Maybe on day I'll write a book, or else just be content with my contributions scattered here and there and everywhere on this lovely place we call ATS.

Gotta run work to do.

edit on 1/2/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I love this.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   
yes, to some degree, because information is a physical thing just like energy or matter, Internet isn't yet big enough to effect our local area of the universe but one day there will be enough information to physically effect us.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
yes, to some degree, because information is a physical thing just like energy or matter, Internet isn't yet big enough to effect our local area of the universe but one day there will be enough information to physically effect us.

Is the information artificial intelligence provides a physical thing? If so.....pandoras box is open.

new topics

top topics

join