It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoky Mountain Christmas - Gatlinburg - 2023

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I live in Gatlinburg and I went to town on Christmas Eve and recorded some of the things I saw. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I had a good time walking through Gatlinburg, but things sure have changed over the years. I don't mind foreign folks, but I wanted to mention that the only time I heard English was basically when I walked into a store and they said "Welcome." It's wild how my hometown has gone from a quiet mountain community to an international destination over the past 30 or so years.

(I dont make any money off these videos or anything, it's just a hobby and I like to share some of the things I see around here)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheInvisibleRedneck

I don't mind foreign folks, but I wanted to mention that the only time I heard English was basically when I walked into a store and they said "Welcome." It's wild how my hometown has gone from a quiet mountain community to an international destination over the past 30 or so years

I watched your entire video. I am a Yankee who now lives in South Carolina. I get your lack of English speaking among the population. Especially those with a southern drawl who were born here.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Yankee in the south, lol. You sound just as unintelligible to us as the rednecks do to you. How many different languages did you notice in the video? I heard one redneck lady ask "do you want the bear poop or the other one?" haha. I know I heard English, Spanish, Russian, maybe ukranian, hindu, and Madarin, probably others that I confused for something else.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Lucky you, of all the vacation I have taken with the wife, this was one of my favs. Such a relaxing and fun place. Thanks for the video, brought back fond memories.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dust2023

I always wanted to go to the beach on family vacations when I was growing up. We always had a good time, but the older I get the more I appreciate how great this place is. I've been here so long, I'm not sure I could be happy outside of the mountains.

I rarely go down into Gatlinburg city anymore. I usually just hang around Townsend, a few miles from Gatlinburg. It has really changed. I hope you get a chance to come back soon and see how things are now.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   

The video was beautiful.

top topics

join