It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flares Should No Longer Be Effective with Fighter Jets or Dog Fights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don’t understand why flares are still useful in dog fighting. Couldn’t the engineers program the missile lock system to avoid tracking things with rapidly intensifying heat, such as flares? It seems like this would be an easy thing to program, at least relatively easy for the engineers who build fighter jets.
edit on 22-12-2023 by zaderamsesholloway because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: zaderamsesholloway

what is the temperature difference between a flare and a jet exhaust?

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

what is the temperature difference between a flare and a jet exhaust?

Something that AI could figure out now that they integrate AI into the fighter jets.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: zaderamsesholloway
I don’t understand why flares are still useful in dog fighting. Couldn’t the engineers program the missile lock system to avoid tracking things with rapidly intensifying heat, such as flares? It seems like this would be an easy thing to program, at least relatively easy for the engineers who build fighter jets.

Plasma tech can be used in place of flares for a number of reasons, some of which involve programming as you suggested.

edit on 22-12-2023 by IndieA because: reworded

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You are correct. Flares are not used in dog fights. They are used in long range missile defence. A dog fight is not longe range.

Your lack of knowledge in the use of 'dog fight' is most unimpressive.

edit on 22-12-2023 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Flares are not used in dog fights.

Flares are used to confuse missiles being fired at aircraft.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

You are correct. Flares are not used in dog fights. They are used in long range missile defence. A dog fight is not longe range.

That's not exactly true.

Flares are used to mislead heat seeking missiles. Actually, they are referred to as distraction rounds in the industry. The idea is to distract the IR sensor in the nose of the heat seeking missile (an AIM-9 Sidewinder, for example) away from the jet's exhaust by giving it a brighter signal to track on. By dumping a bunch of flares out in quick succession, you give the IR sensor a lot of bright signals to try to discriminate among.

Modern heat seeking sensors have been developed with enough intelligence in them to tell the difference between the color profile of a flare and the color of a jet exhaust. That's why the chemical composition of the flare has been altered to include additional spectral lines to mimic the signature of jet exhaust.

Most short range air intercept missiles use IR tracking because it is a fire and forget technology. The aircraft firing the missile does not have to maintain visual or radar contact with the target, so it can immediately begin evasive maneuvers after firing. The Sidewinder missile has a range between 0.6 and 22 miles and was specifically designed to be a dogfight missile.

Most medium to long range air intercept missiles are radar guided, one way or another.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I admire your curiosity, but you seem to be impatient for knowledge without doing the work of first researching and learning about the subject matter.

Perhaps focus on one subject at a time and research it thoroughly; you might be surprised to find your questions already have answers.

Once you get into highschool you'll begin to get a better grasp on all the different subjects that plague the young.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   
okay.

The guy who for days or even longer with another account does nothing but trying to discredit the CIA shows up here and asks for info on jet tech and you people don't even hesitate to provide all you know and helpful hints for where to search?

America is proud 🇺🇸
not

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ButterfliesAndPonies
okay.

The guy who for days or even longer with another account does nothing but trying to discredit the CIA shows up here and asks for info on jet tech and you people don't even hesitate to provide all you know and helpful hints for where to search?

America is proud 🇺🇸
not

Yeah but, you know how the saying goes, if you have a flare, oops I mean plasma ball, no that's not right. If you have a light, it should be shared.

Heat-seeking missile counter measures can save lives, and every middle school kid should be able garner a little direction in their search to keep their jets safe.

Also, how can you be so sure we are Americans and this is everything we know?

It's probably fine though because, if we are not Americans, there's still a good chance we are a member of a 5 eyes, 9 eyes, or 15 eyes country.

Seriously though, this should be a place for the free exchange of information and though.

edit on 22-12-2023 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ButterfliesAndPonies
okay.

America is proud 🇺🇸
not

No one has said anything here that a wikipedia article or quick google search wouldn`t tell you. Some like to use buzz words without knowing how it really works as well. One only has to frequent the Aviation sub-forum to pick up on the verbiage and know how to use it to fool others that don`t.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The value of the shared information is in no way influencing the evaluation of the willingness to share it.

All I am saying is I hope none of you was in the process of applying for any fun projects because stuff like that means you're out. For life.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ButterfliesAndPonies

My apologies. After that clever "not" joke, I took you as someone with a sense of humor.

Sharing information can be beneficial, even with middle schoolers, the CIA even does it at times. In this case it triggered a response from you, someone who has been a member here for at least 4 months. And that response serves a warning to those who work for, or may want to work for the federal government or MIC, and who would trust those entities the let them work on "fun projects" in secret and behind closed doors, not to be leaky and likely work long hours as well. The more I think about, this is probably a really good warning considering some of the people these entities choose to trust and the overall increase in unconstitutional activities.

Personally, it's the holidays and I was feeling a little more sharing than usual yesterday.

I gifted a bunch of guys in the shop, bone conduction headphones, so they could be made aware of a new technology and because they are uniquely cool, for example.

It's important to inspire and nurture minds, especially young minds, so some of the other information I shared with zaderamsesholloway yesterday, here includes:

1. Actual CIA documents about the Monroe Institute, the gateway process, and the hemi-sync method.

2. A similar Rosicrucian meditation technique, that's usually reserved, but not secret.

3. Videos about the controversial "god helmet" experiments in the 90's

4. And a lecture presented by the WEF on how brainwaves will be monitored in the future.

Please unsubscribe me from any job offers from the grossly indebted federal government, the MIC, NGOs, globalists, or communists.

Happy Holidays everyone!

edit on 23-12-2023 by IndieA because: Added information

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ButterfliesAndPonies

All I am saying is I hope none of you was in the process of applying for any fun projects because stuff like that means you're out. For life.

What kind of fun projects are we talking about? Are we talking about projects that include cattle mutilations, viable organ recovery, face peeling, drug trafficking, human trafficking, "fortifying" elections, staging coups, assassinations, or just low key FISA data browsing without a warrant?

edit on 25-12-2023 by IndieA because: Added information

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

I see nice that you cooperate, we will send someone over to have a chat but it will take a while because first we need to get the really bad boys and verify stuff and things, you know paper work also etc... Patience.
Probably are you only one of the few poor fools under attack.
You don't need to fear repercussions if you cooperate.
Those are the rules.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AvaGardener

Unconstitutionally and illegally surveiling, harassing, and aggravated stalking of American citizens, questionably legal entrapment operations, censorship gooning?

top topics

join