It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fountain of Youth is Highly Possible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The quickest way to immortality is and always will be to build a simulation of our Universe within our Universe. This simulation will operate somewhat like a video game, where you will plug your brain into a headset of some sort (similar to virtual reality gaming now) and you will get to experience an entire human lifetime within about a 15 minute period of real life. Can you imagine experiencing ~70 years of human life in a 15 minute timespan? I use this timeframe because the average online multiplayer game now lasts about 15 minutes. So, if we were able to build this simulation, we would likely play for about 15 minutes, if it were similar to how gaming is currently. And one “life” in the game would be about 70 years.

Now, let’s get to immortality or the fountain of youth. You see, if we were able to build this simulation on our Earth, spending only 1 minute within this simulation could gain you 4.67 years of life experience. Fortunately, you would have only aged 1 minute in real time. Do you see where I’m going with this? What if we built another simulation INSIDE of the original simulation we built? If we were inside the second simulation (the simulation within our original simulation) for only 5,622 years, 13.8 billion years would have passed inside that second simulation. In 5,622 years we would have actually been able to experience 13.8 billion years of life experience because we are in a simulation within a simulation. Pretty interesting, right? This means if we are already in a simulation within a simulation and our current Universe is 13.8 billion years old, it’s possible that outside of these simulations in the real Universe, the Universe may be either much younger (~6000 years old) or it could be much older than 13.8 billion, which people don’t take into account when discussing the idea of our Universe being a simulation.

What’s beautiful about this situation is, if we can access the technology to build the very first simulation, we can easily build another simulation within that one because we already have the instructions. As soon as we plug in, we are essentially immortal. In one year plugged into this simulation within a simulation, you would be able to experience 2, 276, 769 years of life. Would you really be worried about your ~70 year lifespan then? If we wanted to slow aging further, we just build 10 simulations all within our original simulation. I don’t have to do the math on that to tell you how many years you could experience if that were the set up.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: zaderamsesholloway
The quickest way to immortality is and always will be to build a simulation of our Universe within our Universe. This simulation will operate somewhat like a video game, where you will plug your brain into a headset of some sort (similar to virtual reality gaming now) and you will get to experience an entire human lifetime within about a 15 minute period of real life. Can you imagine experiencing ~70 years of human life in a 15 minute timespan? I use this timeframe because the average online multiplayer game now lasts about 15 minutes. So, if we were able to build this simulation, we would likely play for about 15 minutes, if it were similar to how gaming is currently. And one “life” in the game would be about 70 years.

That's completely wrong. Should take no longer than 8.5 minutes for that simulation.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Seems dangerous and painful. You would need to 'slip' into a different time frame when you put the helmet on for the ~10 minute game that 'lasts 70 years'. You would need to really feel like you've been playing for 70 years. I guess entering the game would be a painful experience by design. as an embryo? or do you take over 'at birth'? how does that work?

And when the game is finally over and you've experienced a full ~70 years or so, do you suddenly remember to take off the helmet? It's been so long, do you even remember?

And when you end the game and then suddenly re-remember that this was a game and it's only been 10 minutes - how does your brain deal with all of that knowledge? The history of the life you just 'lived', all of the memories and things that you've learned. How can your brain suddenly 'have this full experience' in its head?

I don't think our brain could handle something like this, at least not with the current software that we're running.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Seems dangerous and painful. You would need to 'slip' into a different time frame when you put the helmet on for the ~10 minute game that 'lasts 70 years'. You would need to really feel like you've been playing for 70 years. I guess entering the game would be a painful experience by design. as an embryo? or do you take over 'at birth'? how does that work?

That right there would make sense how you can see when a toddler gains full sentience and has a breakthrough of self actualization (we've all had that moment when we were young of just realizing "wow, I'm a people").

It would also make sense as to why there are so many NPC's walking around..... Nobody chose their crappy avatars for whatever reason.

I don't think our brain could handle something like this, at least not with the current software that we're running.

It could be as simple as repressing the memories of said simulation once we're out of it - kind of like how the memories of real life are repressed while we're in the sim.

Living in the moment, essentially.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Such grand fantasy you concoct to blind one from the most obvious solution JUST BELOW YOUR NOSE.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgorMartinez
Such grand fantasy you concoct to blind one from the most obvious solution JUST BELOW YOUR NOSE.

I don’t get it.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: zaderamsesholloway

Stop throwing your wheaties down the drain.

new topics

top topics

join