It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been a long time coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hello everyone! Well, let’s see how much information do I actually want to say about myself… I’ve always been interested by the thought of wife, other galaxies, as well as physics and pretty much science as a whole. I’ve always sort of kept one eye on news and peoples accounts of what they went through. Just like everyone else I’m just looking for like-minded people to discuss theories, ideas, and trying to separate truth from lies. It’s rather difficult these days to get an honest, intellectual conversation. I recently had a difficult experience on Reddit as well as YouTube so I am hoping that a dedicated system, such as this might be able to give me what I’m looking for.

I live in the upper Midwest in the United States. I have seen unknown things in the sky, but I wouldn’t be so far to say UAP or UFO. There weren’t anything outstanding if you ask my mother on the other hand… That’s kind of how I got interested in the universe, where we live, as well as the fact, that majority of scientist that I see discussing things are usually not very willing to discuss these topics.

In today’s day and age, I would hope that society is a whole could keep an open mind, fair discussion, and strive to work together, to figure out the unknowns that we faced today’s day and age. I am divorced and have one child. Well, I guess I can’t say child. She’s a young adult now… lol

I didn’t realize the amount of people that are willing to do some pretty weird things just to mess with people that want to discuss these things. There was a group, I guess I should say, is a group that actively planned to make an upload fake videos to YouTube to get clicks from Reddit and not only did they do that, but they created separate channels from what I can tell with videos discussing the aliens coming back, and this huge rabbit hole, that I am pretty sure a lot of people fell down through. I was pretty disgusted.

Well, I wanted to create a longer introduction to make sure that the serious members of this board could feel a little bit better about knowing at least some basics about me. One thing I did want to add is when I got my undergraduate I had a very intelligent professor that opened my mind too many things as well, as how to approach these topics with a fair and rational mind.

I really hope to enjoy my time here at above top-secret and hopefully this will be the first post in a long and thought provoking relationship. Thank you for taking the time to read the whole thing. I know it turned out to be quite a novel…. you have any questions about me? feel free to ask

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Hibburt

Welcome, Hibburt!

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Hi Hibburt. It is a very murky topic getting into the UFO/ET situation. Lot of national security implications mixed in with a lot of strange stories and reports.

To know what is really going on looks complex and diverse with a mountain of misinformation mixed in. When looking into it, take each case on its own merits. Being aware of possibilities helps when bouncing around in the dark. As for the hard, sold facts when dealing with such a situation, I don't know?

You look new to ATS, and when it comes to these topics this place is doing better than a lot others out there. There is a lot of skepticism looking for the solid data and a lot of open minds considering possibilities and trying to find a clear picture of what is.

When starting new threads it is customary to provide some detail about the topic, at least a paragraph or two of what you think about it and why it is important is good. Some links to back it up always helps. Making predictions is very sketchy territory, a lot of them don't measure up.

It is good to see you are enthusiastic about the topic, helps in digging through all the dirt to find those few nuggets. We all make mistakes going through this mess. Keep it civil, respectful and looking to deny ignorance and sure you will do fine.

new topics

join