It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing god

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Lets say if 1 doesnt believe there is a god then how can 1 kill god?

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by drunk]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:42 AM
link   
As for killing god, to those who said that we can't, you're half right.

Because the only way to kill a myth is to forget it.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Holy War - a war over whose imaginary friend is the better.

So how do you kill something that is imaginary - imagine he/she/it is dead and as far as you are concerned they are.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Stop believing in him, and he is dead to you.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Stop believing in him, and he is dead to you.

Well said Gazrok, that works till that day a unseen finger keeps tapping you in the forehead and then you realize that one can deny all you wish but that doesn't change what is otherwise obvious....God cannot be denied....in the end, we will all come to know this.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
but let's say this day comes. God has been an absentee parent. He condemned our entire race for the actions of one couple. That act of course, simply disobeying one time (he has real anger management issues when it comes to disobeying him...*cough* *cough* pillar of salt *cough*). He then decides to stop the personal appearances altogether... Likewise, he himself is guilty of sin, (namely vanity) whilst he punishes us for such sins. (Do as I say, not as I do). You can be the most wonderful person on the planet, but if you fail to acknowledge him as your lord and master, he'll condemn you. This is no god worthy of my worship...nor is any other god I've ever studied any better... I'd rather jump headfirst in the lake of fire, than spend an eternity with this god....(especially an eternity devoid of "sin", as most of what he considers a "sin" is what makes life enjoyable...heaven would be pretty damned boring).

I prefer to acknowledge the supremeness of the universe and nature itself. We are our own gods. It is up to us to judge ourselves, and our own actions, not some holier than though absentee diety.... I do believe there is something after death, and rebirth, but I do not believe it to be the providence or will of some god....

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well dude, that's your opinion.

But it looks to me like all you can do is blame God if He exists.
Don't blame God. Blame man.
We have free will.

I understand your position that Adam and Eve were punished and that you don't feel that it was justified. But before they ate from the Tree of Knowledge did they have free will?
If they did - didn't they choose to follow Satan?
If they didn't - why did they disobey God?

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Leveller's right.

As for arcana,
while I disagree with you and do not believe it is possible to kill God, you have completly ruined your side of the argument with your "let's burn stuff" crap.

That sounded like some obsessed Nazi stuff.
bad move

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   

but let's say this day comes. God has been an absentee parent. He condemned our entire race for the actions of one couple. That act of course, simply disobeying one time (he has real anger management issues when it comes to disobeying him...*cough* *cough* pillar of salt *cough*). He then decides to stop the personal appearances altogether... Likewise, he himself is guilty of sin, (namely vanity) whilst he punishes us for such sins. (Do as I say, not as I do). You can be the most wonderful person on the planet, but if you fail to acknowledge him as your lord and master, he'll condemn you. This is no god worthy of my worship...nor is any other god I've ever studied any better... I'd rather jump headfirst in the lake of fire, than spend an eternity with this god....(especially an eternity devoid of "sin", as most of what he considers a "sin" is what makes life enjoyable...heaven would be pretty damned boring).

I prefer to acknowledge the supremeness of the universe and nature itself. We are our own gods. It is up to us to judge ourselves, and our own actions, not some holier than though absentee diety.... I do believe there is something after death, and rebirth, but I do not believe it to be the providence or will of some god....

Understood Gazrok. I meant no disrespect and I know you know that.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I understand your position that Adam and Eve were punished and that you don't feel that it was justified. But before they ate from the Tree of Knowledge did they have free will?
If they did - didn't they choose to follow Satan?
If they didn't - why did they disobey God?

No, I don't think you do understand my position here. My beef isn't that he punished Adam and Eve....it's that he punished US, their descendants, for something we had nothing to do with!!! Remember also, the tree was the Tree of Knowledge (later amended to the tree of knowledge of good and evil, clever, huh?). So his edict was, stay ignorant, and do as I command, and live in paradise? No thanks. As the saying goes, better free in hell, than a slave in heaven.... Of course, you'd think God would have put a fence around that thing, huh? Likewise, being all-knowing, he would have known that they'd eat the apple. Ah...but if you use the recently remarked free will arguement....

Sorry, but the accounts of God are often contradictory, and really do not portray someone I want to put faith or trust in...especially when according to his word, he's gonna wipe us all out one day anyways (and in pretty gruesome fashions I might add....) Oh sure, there's the rapture and all, but this is even after all of the nastiness!

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
How exactly does one 'sneak-up' on god?

Seriously though, bwaah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

(only kidding, I don't have any feelings one way or another on this subject if people want to gather together to sing and listen to stories, that's fine by me)

Back to my point, what exactly are you going to aim at, or will it be the sort of killing where you just talk a lot about wanting him dead?

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Interesting topic albeit futile!

IMHO, there are two paths of the spirit/soul.

1) Moving towards God.
2) Moving away from God and toward the self.

Every thought and action you take in your life leads you one way or the other. Your thoughts are almost (sometimes moreso) effective in shaping your worldview both spiritually and physically. You create your own experience through your attitude and beliefs. If I believed in a spiteful vain angry God as some of you are describing I wouldn't want to be with Him either. But didn't your parents parent YOU at some time in your development? Didn't they need to use fear at times to insure that you didn't get seriously hurt? Everything has it's time and place and is part of the divine plan, else it wouldn't exist. Stop trying to define the undefineable and enclosing something in a box that is outside of the dimensions of the box! Let go of the ego and open your heart... it's quite amazing when you do.

That's all I've got time to write right now.

In Peace,

~Jammer

P.s. SeekerOf: Loved your little animation! I'm a renaissance Man for sure.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Please, this is a hypothetical question. As there is a snow flakes chance in hell of GOD every dieing.

Originally posted by Leveller
God isn't religion.

True, but it is the basis.

More like "religion isn't GOD." just look at them all,
argueing over the same scriptures?! They are all to
ignorant to notice they persecute each other over the
same thing.

Originally posted by Tassadar
Religion is our interpretation of God, not God.

God is God.

Religion is who/what we think God is.

Tassadar

Well said.

Now to get the rest of the world to see this.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   

But didn't your parents parent YOU at some time in your development?

Yes, they did. But they didn't do it by dictating it to a book writer, then pull a disappearing act for 2000 years

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

But didn't your parents parent YOU at some time in your development?

Yes, they did. But they didn't do it by dictating it to a book writer, then pull a disappearing act for 2000 years

No insult here, but it seems you may be the one with the anger management issue.

God didn't leave or condem us. Adam and Eve broke the one law they had to follow...now sin has entered the world through Satan. Satan is your enemy, not God. All he asks of you is to believe in Him and put faith in him.
It seems unfair to be tried and convicted for something we had nocontrol over. This is the mystery of God who we do not understand.
One must look around and wonder how everything was created.
Killing God.....hmm.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
god is going to kill you. that is what you should focus on.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Kill God keep dreaming feeble humans, God is infinitive, there is no end to Him, He has Omipower, Omiauthority, He is Omipresent, God has Omiknowledge and Omiwisdom. Let's take in consideration this if God was to die than all that existed that He created would cease to exist. Everything is apart of God and His deity one way or the other, there is no part that can not exist without the omipower of God holding it together.

My theory is based on a the simple rules of Multiplication.

In order to have a 2 there must be a 1 to create the 2.
1 therefore does not come from 0, neither does 2. Leaving the 1 to be infinitive nature. So therefore all that exist is a part of this 1. If this 1 should cease to exist in nature, than the 2 would cease to exist to.

Get it, You eliminate God, you eliminate yourself to.

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by Micah]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't believe there's ever BEEN a God.

(OOOooooh I'mma shock people with this..)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join