It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: No Unilateral Strike on Iran (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ariel Sharon has announced that his country will not attack Iran unilaterally over its supposed nuclear weapons ambition. He said Israel does not need to lead the way on the Iranian nuclear weapon issue. He claims Iran is months away from solving some technical issues preventing them having nuclear weapons. Sharon has called for a coalition to deal with Iran.

story.news.yahoo.com
JERUSALEM - Israel will not mount a unilateral attack aimed at destroying Iran's nuclear capability, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said Wednesday in a CNN-TV interview.

Sharon said he did not see "unilateral action" as an option. He said Israel did not need to lead the way on the Iran nuclear weapons issue, calling for an international coalition to deal with it.

Iran is years away from possessing a nuclear weapon, Sharon said, but warned that Iran is only months away from solving "technical problems" toward building a nuclear weapon.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Iran is "months away" from gaining nuclear weapons? Israel will not act unilaterally? Does this mean a pre-emptive strike is on the cards as far as Iran is concerned? Who will do it with the Israelis? They didnt say they wouldnt attack, just that they wouldnt do it alone. Will America assist?

There has been absolutely no proof backing up the claims of Iran's nuclear weapons ambition. Atleast they tried to fake evidence surrounding Saddam's WMDs. They havent even attempted such a lie this time, they've just expected people to trust them on this one. Given their previous record I would not believe Bush or Blair if they said the sky was blue.

Boy who cried wolf, actual threat or a complete lie I believe no body has the right to strike out at a nation that has not attacked any one.

They have threatend Israel due to their mistreatment of Palestinians which is understandable IMHO. They have clearly stated however that they will not attack Israel unless attacked themselves.

Brigadier General Mohammad Ali Jafari:"Iran will retaliate against any stupid moves by Israel,"

Related News Links:
www.aljazeera.com
www.fas.org
www.prisonplanet.tv

[edit on 13/4/05 by subz]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Early bird get the worm
Its already subbed up here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And Isreal said years not months. The "Months" is in reference to technical production problems

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Beaten by 8 minutes

I started writing it when the story was 1 minute old on yahoo. I knew I shouldnt of looked for Khatami quotes regarding Israel and not attacking unless provoked.

join