It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half Life Anniversary Edition Free on Steam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
To celebrate 25 years of Half Life Valve have updated the graphics , added widescreen field of view , a death match mode , added new content and fixed some outstanding issues , they also made it free.

Happy 25th Anniversary Half-Life!

Celebrate 25 years of Half-life and the new Anniversary Update with special deals on your favorite Half-life franchise games! Be sure to head over to the Half-life 25th Anniversary Update page to see what's been added, what's been fixed, and what's still awesome in Half-life!

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

One of the best games ever made. I’ll have to download and replay it.

Only game better is Skyrim In my book - which I’m currently playing and probably over 200th playthrough. Mods make it new game every time.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I downloaded it yesterday and noticed the Half Life bundle for under $7 bucks, usually like $60. It has Half Life 2 and its add ons plus a few more Half Life editions. There is also a free VR mod on steam for Half Life 2 that I want to try.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Ah those 3am bedtimes over 20 years ago when the game first came out.

Thanks for the heads up Gortex,

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   
They dont make em like they used to. Half life is retro gaming by most definitions, its also a standard of what a good game should be. The industry doesnt make very good games anymore allowing this to stat relative, it really is a shame

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

Also, your 56k modem screaming at you while it connected to the internet, good times! I used to cover the back of my PC tower with a homemade silencer (a pillow), to not wake the rest of the house up.

And, Opposing Forces and Blue Shift were legit dlcs/addons, so much fun playing from a different perspective during the same event. Cheers for the heads-up!

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 12:19 AM
link   
All hell breaks loose...

It's been a long time since I fragged Deathmatch, felt a bit rusty at first but within a few minutes it all came back. It felt good to blast, shoot and crowbar smash the opponents. Join me in some good old fashion mayhem. *Special thanks to Gabe

Former tags from back in the day SLAYER -SS- [SST]SLAYER

edit on 10/26/2023 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 04:17 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 11/20/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Back in highschool afer classes we would run to the IT classroom to claim a computer , install and play half life deathmatch on the LAN.

The player versus player opened a whole new world for me.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Half Life takes me back a bit, as NeighborhoodWatch said above, having to listen to your 56k modem doing its merry tune whilst AOL dial up tried to connect. Those were the days!! lol

Half Life Alyx is a great VR game and a nice continuation of the franchise, but will we ever get a Half Life 3???

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeighborhoodWatch
a reply to: NorthOS

Also, your 56k modem screaming at you while it connected to the internet, good times! I used to cover the back of my PC tower with a homemade silencer (a pillow), to not wake the rest of the house up.

And, Opposing Forces and Blue Shift were legit dlcs/addons, so much fun playing from a different perspective during the same event. Cheers for the heads-up!

LOL! I used to put the modem in my desk drawer for that very reason!

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Greazel

We did this during our 15 minute breakfast break, our 20 minute advocacy break, and our 30 minute lunch break. We played Counter-Strike and Team Fortress, and all the weapons were left-handed because the 2 games were unpatched. It threw me off, being a righty, but it was a solid 60 minutes of gaming everyday while at school.
edit on 11 21 2023 by NeighborhoodWatch because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NeighborhoodWatch

I jumped in CS somewhere between 1.1 and 1.5 , had some serious good times with CS:Source.

top topics

join