It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, It's Me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSkepticGuy23

Thats....unfortunate.

Then perhaps humor a curious member?

Why return if you guys "moved on?"

Also, have you visited the Discord server?

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I've been checking in from time to time. Someone pinged me on social media that there was some issues. I thought I'd see if there would be any help I could offer. Specifically, perhaps understanding my ham-fisted PHP.

Yes, I'm TheSkepticGuy over there.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here we go. Fired up the ancient archive drive and located one of my old profile backgrounds.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSkepticGuy23

originally posted by: JinMI

I've been checking in from time to time. Someone pinged me on social media that there was some issues. I thought I'd see if there would be any help I could offer. Specifically, perhaps understanding my ham-fisted PHP.

Yes, I'm TheSkepticGuy over there.

How many avatar changes can be done in seconds. Substance would be more appreciated than colorful avatar changes.

If you are who you say you are — you clearly don’t give a rip about this community — that you supposedly helped create….

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
So, that's my opinion whomever owned it (not saying names) may be under investigation? Maybe?

It was my understanding that the owner hired Darko to take over running the site. There was someone else pulling things together immediately after the ownership transition. I helped him with several tasks of domain/DNS transfer, various dependencies, and code deobfuscation.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
If you are who you say you are — you clearly don’t give a rip about this community — that you supposedly helped create….

I couldn't remember the ideal size for the profile backgrounds.

Without (legal) access and permission to access the system, there's not much I can do other than offer advice to those who do have access.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   

If you've followed the Discord, you'd know who has access.....

Outside of owners and Dorkos.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's huge, I haven't found it yet.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Feel free to PM me on Discord.

Or better yet, DJ.

Not here however. He'll have a much better understanding of all the mod team and may be able to facilitate any help you are wishing to convey.

The rest of us are likely abit salty as should be readily apparent and understandable.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Just sent you a DM, i made my own thread during the fun as well. What a rabbit hole!

ETA: The answer is also in my thread, not a long read and sums up things as i understand it from way over yonder.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-11-2023 by unknownguy because: Forgot the important part

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   

a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

WOW.

The cause could be as simple as not running regular "repair" commands on the mySQL database tables. I used to do that once a year, and it always found items to fix. A busy database with lots of simultaneous write/update commands can get minor corrupts, and it's normal.

This, in combination with nobody at the helm. I am sure it is very fixable, if someone was awake at the wheel. I think Darko ghosted this place and nobody was put in his place, probably because they don't know. If someone was there, there would have been no Malvo or others possible (a troll while the site was borked who was very nasty to DB and others). If you wrote your PHP code anything like I imagine, based on my own crazy projects I've done, then this was gonna happen sooner or later as things went along. Needs eyes, always! Not always hands, but always eyes!

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   

so here is the real question , who are the real owners now? i think people pretty much came to the conclusion the darko's and the one fella that had the melt down in the thread were just mouth pieces for the owners.

you have to know and pretty sure they can't prove you breached the contract if there was a Non Disclosure clause.

so do tell.

oh and one more question, how long was the no ads or minimal ads promise for?

edit on 14-11-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   
nice to see you are back and still as skeptic as ever.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   

a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

That's me now. The SkepticOverlord account was banned by the darkos not long after they took over. I never knew why, I was trying to help.

It wasn't just you. Mucho collateral damage and all-around weirdness followed by dead silence. We've all speculated about it ad nauseam but nobody really knows. Because owner(s) and their representatives have gone in the bunker leaving us to our own folly. Honestly, at this point it's a daily surprise to discover we can even see a site. If not for Djarums and DontTreadOnMe the place would be a ghost town. It's a good thing they care because it's pretty obvious no one higher gives a flip.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hey SO been a very long time & have been here longer than it shows.
If you are the real SO, just want to let you know how much I truly miss you & your ATS!!! It was so great to be able to
have all the diff forums available, working messages, live radio, & always busy, actually it was hard to keep up with everything. Plus I learned so much from BFFT & Cody supplying me with free Photoshop & tools for creating avatars
after a hip replacement sx. I was so blessed & it was a dream come true...we had avatar competitions & I actually
placed in several & made a few for several members...sorry I cannot rip off names ATM...DTOM & I think Nef? with diff stuff & music the Brit mate on the live radio...maybe Laura or? gardening...so many more & the site was bloody booming!!!

Those days before & then were great! I initially joined ATS for the UFO & Alien threads & you were very active (?)
I was mostly following until Fukushima & the Gulf Oil Spill situation & I became busy on those threads, so been a while.

I hope you are the real SO, miss you, hope you are well & we possibly need your help in the "DARK-o Room" ...LOL!
Maybe I should visit Discord...signed up during the chaos but have not participated nor revisited...seems like
maybe many of our old crew are there. However since the F'd reset many old members have returned, maybe
due to being banned? Good to see mates coming back & the very MOST IMPORTANT fact is that WE are ALL still
here & survived the ATS Reset 2023 Thanks to Djarums & DTOM!!!!

Cheers
Ektar

I hope I made sense too tired to edit & etc...but HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my father 87 yrs & has survived at least 2
cancers GIST since 2014 ? & Mantle Cell Lymphoma 2016?

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hey just made a new account. How do i contact Djarums?

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ElitePlebeian2

try here

Or make another 19 posts on ATS so you can pm him. Need a minimum 20 posts for that

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Maybe there is something that the Darko's are breaking contractually ? Self damage to ones own business isnt legal ... but what do i know

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

You don't need 20 posts to PM a staff member.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   

a reply to: purplemer

What happened to the Darkos?

I remember a few threads earlier this year involving the Darkos. The subject was ATS and Darko's vision and pov . I remember that the thread garnered quickly many pages of replies and he posted some kind of really weird opinions/statements about the future of ATS. He deleted the thread rather quickly and made a new thread to hide everything he allowed himself to let out. I wish I did screenshots from his replies cause I'm convinced they would have been quite damning. Does anybody remember that long deleted topic ?
I pretty much lost all trust in those people and whoever is behind ATS nowadays, it seemed sektchy as hell.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join