It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Göbekli Tepe and the Prophecy of Pillar 43 (Why Files)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There has been speculation among certain people who claim to be historians about a time in human history that has been erased from our collective memory. This presentation by the Why Files shows a possibility of why there is hardly any evidence or "NONE" about a once advanced civilization. Catastrophe and change; you decide.

We are the descendants of an ancient civilization; one which mastered technology, mapped the cosmos, and understood our relationship with the natural world. Our ancestors traveled the world and built enormous structures. They scaled their creations into cities. They shared a common governance and similar religious beliefs. Our ancestors lived, as we do today, as a global society. Around 14,500 years ago, this global superpower started to collapse. First came uncontrollable change, and then a cataclysm. In less than a week, everything and almost everyone was gone. Those left behind built monuments. Monuments not as tributes to Gods or homage to kings. The monuments are a warning to future generations: to us. That warning is simple: danger is coming. Our civilization has ended before. And it will end again. This is one story Big Archaeology and world governments don’t want you to know. Once you hear it, you’ll never trust them again. Because the danger that’s coming? There’s nothing they can do to stop it.

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I been fascinated with the GoblekiTepe, how hunter gathered build such structures, I believe it was for worship, I also believe is alien influences, but one thing gets me, why it was buried in the earth.

It has to be a reason why the ancient wanted to be erased from the face of earth.

Is many related structures made of stone all over the world, without been buried, some say giant build them.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Where are the other Gobekli Tepes?

I would love to believe the alternate evolution hypothesis but there's nothing to suggest a global ice age civilization existed.

Though Giorgio Tsukalos and company would never note it, there are stone tool markings all over Gobekli Tepe. Pit marks everywhere. Flint tools. Other stone tools. We don't give give our ancestors enough credit for their ingenuity.

Even the process of raising megalithic stones is demystified if you given them a little credit.

www.dainst.blog...

Göbekli Tepe lies on an otherwise barren limestone plateau at the highest point of the Germuş mountain range. The quarry areas for the megalithic workpieces lie on exactly that plateau. As there are several loci with impressive traces of the Stone Age masons, the plateau forms part of the archaeological site and reservation.

The location for the quarries was not chosen without reason. The limestone surrounding Göbekli Tepe is banked, strata of about 0.60 – 1.50 m thickness are divided by fault lines. This means that you just have to dig around a work piece, not also beneath it. As limestone goes, the material at Göbekli Tepe is pretty hard and cristalline, and there are no carstic phenomena. Which means that it is a first class raw material for sculpting and masonry. Even the hardest limestone is however so soft that it can easily be worked by flint tools.

Flint picks, and possibly also wooden tools were used to dig channels in the form of the desired workpiece into the limestone. The Stone Age quarry workers would choose a location on the plateau where the banks had approximately the thickness of the final piece. When they reached the fault line, most probably wooden beams and wedges were used to lift the piece out. Although the limestone at Göbekli Tepe is of good quality, in several cases something went wrong and nearly finished pillars, stone blocks, rings and other pieces were left in the quarries. This is an especially lucky situation for the archaeologist, as we can observe the techniques employed first hand.

Sounds like they pulled it into place.

If that's an advanced structure, it was built concurrent with Paleolithic era methods and there is nothing to suggest otherwise.
edit on 3-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   

This was a long, but interesting episode.

I've never heard mainstream archaeology called "big archaeology" though.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I watch all the Giorgio Tsukalos, episodes over and over, I even have one of the indigenous replicas of the pin he uses but in my key chain.

Ancient aliens is fantastic.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Thanks Sky! I really enjoy the Why Files-so much so that I had to get a Heckelfish T-shirt!

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I watch all the Giorgio Tsukalos, episodes over and over, I even have one of the indigenous replicas of the pin he uses but in my key chain.

Ancient aliens is fantastic.

I did too...

Until I watched this... and have since spread this message to the masses like it's AA's spiritual awakening.

They killed this after season 1, and the show still somehow made it to how ever many they are at now.

Most thorough academic debunking ever. Way more informative than any 3 episodes of Ancient Aliens.

At least Dr. Heiser tried.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Wow, that is very interesting, I watch the beginning, will watch the rest later, or will try to stream on TV.

I do believe in acient theories, but that is my personal believe.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   

It doesn't take an academic to debunk AA. The program isn't meant to be all about the facts. It explores alternative theories to history. It's meant to be entertainment, nothing more. I'm glad you found that out, but I hope you also checked the debunkers claims, because if you didn't you're still trusting what someone else tells you and not your own research.

The fact that scientists and archaeologists get so worked up over AA is comical.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Where are the other Gobekli Tepes?

He talks about them in the video.

I would love to believe the alternate evolution hypothesis but there's nothing to suggest a global ice age civilization existed.

Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. There was no evidence of a site like Gobekli Tepe either...until there was.

Though Giorgio Tsukalos and company would never note it, there are stone tool markings all over Gobekli Tepe. Pit marks everywhere. Flint tools. Other stone tools. We don't give give our ancestors enough credit for their ingenuity.

Even the process of raising megalithic stones is demystified if you given them a little credit.

This show has nothing to do with AA. Giorgio Tsukalos and the rest of the AA cast have nothing to do with the Why Files.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   

With evidence of farming, animal domestication, permanent habitation and art,
people are REALLY gaslighting themselves to call these people "primitive hunter gatherers".
If they're farming and have sheeps and cows, then they're literally not hunter-gatherers anymore.
They had wheat fields! They were making flatbread and beer.

The mainstream just does this:
"This is not a civilization."
Why? We've found several nearby cities with the markings of the same culture, and these cities had high populations for the number of people that were on the planet."
"Because it's not. It couldn't have been."
"Why not?"
"Because we would've found evidence of that."
"We have. Here's some, and here's some more."
"That doesn't count."
"Why not?"
"Because it's impossible."

BTW, there's ZERO actual evidence Gobekli was actually a religious site. That's just what archaeologists say when they don't know what something is.

It might have been related to astronomy, as it DOES have markings of constellations on the pillars,
or it could have been a trade center. Or it could have just been a monument. But don't forget there are houses there too.
This wasn't just a few random pillars, it was at very least, a town.
But by many definitions, Gobekli Tepe and sites near it, were cities.
edit on 3/11/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

edit on 3/11/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'll explain the joke reference.

Okay, do you know how after AA people take totally to the spreading the message of the idea, and can't wait to help everyone?

Well that was sort of me with this. They went through the first season of AA (Ancient aliens) and tore it apart. And I was sold. And now spread the SitchinIsWrong, VonDaniken is a moron message.

That they both have an AA acronym, I thought was funny. There's some irony there too. My comparing a skeptical message to AA?

It was good enough for me.

Sorry for any confusion, but Ancient Aliens needs all the detractors it gets because it persuades people to believe in mostly fallacy.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   
According to those who concour to the existence of a ancient civilisation speculate that Göbekli Tepe could have had purpose as a sort learning centre for the innovation of building the magnificent structures that have stood the test of time. I have to agree that there has been skills and wisdom lost to modern civilization much to our decrement.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Sorry for any confusion, but Ancient Aliens needs all the detractors it gets because it persuades people to believe in mostly fallacy.

If we removed all programming that fits into the "persuades people to believe in mostly fallacy" category, their would be little to nothing left to watch on TV or online, including the "news".

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Watched this morning. Excellent show and great summarization of the subject matter. One thing I am happy about in this current age is that the dogma's of archeology and anthropology are really taking it to the chin with alot of these findings. Not that I despise the ivory tower class in this regard, but they have been pretty stale for a very long time and these discoveries have really seemed to rock their boat and that is exactly what they needed.

top topics

join