It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McConnell Threatens Republicans Who Want to Get Corporate Cash Out of Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ah Mitch McConnell, the guy who has his picture in the dictionary next to RINO doesn't want his never ending shower of power and money to stop coming. I can only hope that he is soon replaced by someone like Josh Hawley in the near future.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is threatening GOP senators not to support Senator Josh Hawley’s proposed Ending Corporate Influence on Elections Act, which would stop publicly traded corporations from running political ad campaigns and donating to super PACs. McConnell, who has been leading the Senate Republican Conference for the better part of two decades, warned fellow senators they could face “incoming” from the so-called “center-right” if they backed Hawley’s initiative. If it passed, Hawley’s bill would limit McConnell’s own power as a key player in the Senate Leadership Fund, a powerful super PAC that spent more money than any other group in key battleground states last year. McConnell’s camp have hinted to colleagues that many of them, including Hawley himself, need the Senate Leadership Fund’s money to fight their campaigns, implying they could be left high and dry if they go against the 81-year-old Minority Leader. Hawley, for his part, has said he does not want politicized corporations trying to “dictate voting laws in the states” or “dictate rules on biological men playing women’s sports,” or unduly influencing politicians who rely on them for financial support.

thenationalpulse.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dust2023

McConnell is one of the biggest corrupt scumbags in our govt.

He really needs to go. What the hell is going on in the Carolina's that they produce the biggest RINOs?

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 08:06 PM
link   

McConnel was instrumental in R's losing in 2020 and 2022. Himself directing where funding went..and didnt.

A vestige of a time long gone, and he should get on with retirement.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 08:06 PM
link   
No way this passes. I'm sure Hawley gets plenty of corporate money dropped in his bank account but it sure does look good for his image.

Open Secrets

What a hypocrite.
edit on 2-11-2023 by 31331Dos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 31331Dos
No way this passes. I'm sure Hawley gets plenty of corporate money dropped in his bank account but it sure does look good for his image.

Open Secrets

What a hypocrite.

You may want to read the link you posted and see how much money he has taken from PACs...

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   

his reaction when read the bill for the first time,

the old debilitated bastard needs to stay his ass at home, got no business trying to keep on trying to be a power monger anymore.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

He's averaging a little over $200k a year from PACs. He ain't struggling, that's for sure. He's got other sources of income on top of that $200k.
edit on 2-11-2023 by 31331Dos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Open Secrets

What a hypocrite.

The contributions from Diamond Pet Foods gives away the whole scam 🦘️

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It's fun watching Hawley tear into the Biden admin goomers. He told Mayorkis, Garland, Milley, and Blinken they should all resign.
All in a matter of 3-4 days!

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

He's a millionaire. He knows this bill will never pass, it's probably a PR stunt. Let's see where he is in a few years.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   
He will die sitting in congress like many before him, all that money he has laundered, all the briberies he has taken, all that will go to somebody else as usual.

He will take nothing but the clothes he will be dress up in while in his coffer.

Other politician that has done nothing for American but filling his pockets, a swamp creature.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 31331Dos

Six feet under ground where he belongs, deep in the swamp water full of excrement.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Open Secrets

What a hypocrite.

Yeah, a politician who wants to get corporate cash out of politics? In other news: Pink unicorns spotted swimming in the Mississippi River.

The latter is more plausible.
edit on 3-11-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

McConnell is one of the biggest corrupt scumbags in our govt.

He really needs to go. What the hell is going on in the Carolina's that they produce the biggest RINOs?

If you’ve ever lived in the South, you’d find out eventually that it is full of closet democrats. Rich and not rich, doesn’t matter. It goes way back if you get my drift.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

They really need to instate term limits on these guys. 2 terms max and then they can't run the next term. But can run the term after. Make it harder for corporations to keep these guys in there eternally.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I do believe that I have heard this stated every since I can remember. Maybe back to the 1980's. Seems like once a person gets to Washington, they just do not want to leave. Must be alot of perks right?

top topics

join