It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOL...When politicians try to understand technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The govt really does a great job protecting us from big bad tech. Once upon a time, Google's motto was 'Don't be evil". Then they proceeded to screw over their customers, unfairly stifle competitors, lie to the govt, and brazenly violate anti-trust laws. Google CEO Sundar Pichai was hauled brfore congress, and proceeded to lie his ass off. During the hilarious "Congress vs. Tech" hearings, Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey also lied their asses off, as did Bill Gates years before. Gates was a "big tech lying to congress" pioneer. The internet hearings were so comical that we saw jokes like "Zuckerberg testifies at the 'Congress is confused by the inrernet' hearings".

Now the govt is saying they're going to make sure they keep us safe from A.I. Biden's new executive order promises a Safe, Secure, and Trustworthy Development and Use of Artificial Intelligence
The Biden admin has some "cyber lawyers" working on the A.I. regulation issue. We'll see how that goes. I predict the govt will be even less successful than they were in their farcical efforts to reign in google.

There is not a chance in hell the govt will regulate A.I.

Bonus:

Here's our tech-savvy congress asking Zuckerberg "How does Facebook make money if it's free to use?"

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The US government will regulate AI.

How else will they control you if they don't have access to better AI than you do?

The question is; will the Government have access to better AI then the American oligarchs like Zuckerberg?

Based on your video its not likly. Resign yourself to being a citizen of the Corporatocracy.
edit on 31-10-2023 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

About as funny as them talking about guns.

The completely obvious lack of understanding goes right from comical, through sad and directly to scary.
These are the people we put in charge to make the rules...🥴

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone

Their questions do not come from a lack of understanding... a 5 minute "google" search gets you to the right questions to ask in this situation and they are not hard to understand.

No, their show of stupidity is born of corruption. Zuckerberg and others like him "donate" welth to these politicians. They didn't want to embrace their golden geese.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

So the moral of the story is, money talks… or in this case, doesn’t talk?

Yeah, should’ve see that one coming

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   

There is not a chance in hell the govt will regulate A.I.

Biden mandates A.I. advance 'equity and civil rights'

The order makes clear that while tech leaders navigate the ethics of A.I. in the beginning of its development, the federal government is pushing to have equity and progressive racial politics included in the regulatory discussion.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Reelect Trump so he can build a wall around AI. Problem solved

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   
People should listen. Many great minds have warned against the unleashing of Ai and what it could cause.
Perhaps Terminator was prophetical 🤔

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Every time big tech gets hauled in for a congressional hearing their platform drastically changes-and not for the better. It's my suspicion big tech gets blackmailed behind closed doors to become bedfellows in total control of every single one of us.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It's my suspicion big tech gets blackmailed behind closed doors to become bedfellows in total control of every single one of us.

Agree 100%. The alphabet spooks are pulling the strings.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
He is how many years late, to even try to control AI?

Says it all really.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Most social media already uses AI to scan for T&C violations, and "hate speech".

As I believe the "Pastor Josiah" debacle apty demonstrated,
once they modify something like Chat GPT and load it up on a Quantum Computer, and set it to "improve targeted advertising" and "curbing disinformation", it will all be over, because:

1. Any language opposing the "official narrative" will be instantly found and scrubbed from any major site.
2. It will be impossible to know if the statement you're reading is actually what the person said.
3. It will be impossible to know if you're talking to a real human, or a sockpuppet AI.

Targeted ads is the FIRST thing it'll be commercially used for, and controlling speech, and hence public opinion, will be the second.

We're gonna end up with trillions of Pastor Josiah's who are infinitely better at faking humanity,
and have total administrator priviledges.

Add this together with deepfakes, and the elites will have made a world where nothing can be trusted as real,
and all the people get to see, is what they program the AI to say, or to not censor.

Anyone who doesn't think it'll get that bad, is naive.
edit on 2/11/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I do not expect nothing coming from false promises by a government that gave personhood status to corporations.

Very soon AI will have more rights than we the people.

top topics

join