It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice looking over the Edge...Warning.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Is somebody going to shut this site down? Why?

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

$500k for an ATS post? You have got to be kidding? How can I make that kind of money by posting here?

Lol you mean $500k to buy the website?

edit on 29-10-2023 by IgorMartinez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgorMartinez

$500k for an ATS post? You have got to be kidding? How can I make that kind of money by posting here?

Someone else said $150k but with all the IT tech problems, maybe much less (?)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IgorMartinez

We don't know that they will. We don't know that they won't.

We don't know.

All they have to do is nothing. Nature will take its course.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I think I read some moderators saying the site has no revenue.

Maybe there is some advertising potential?

I think it would take a while to get $100K in ad revenue from this site, but maybe it’s possible. I don’t know anything about selling ads in chat rooms.

edit on 29-10-2023 by IgorMartinez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I tossed out that figure but the only source I had for that number was the random number generator sitting somewhere in the back of my brain.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
when you own something that has value, but no longer have interest in it, you sell it to someone who does, in order to save and shift the capital into a new hobby.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgorMartinez

I think I read some moderators saying the site has no revenue.

Maybe there is some advertising potential?

I think it would take a while to get $100K in ad revenue from this site, but maybe it’s possible. I don’t know anything about selling ads in chat rooms.

This site did have advertising, where did it go? Was ATS' culture cancelled. I mean the threads were leaning towards hate, but what some refer to as free speech.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

I tossed out that figure but the only source I had for that number was the random number generator sitting somewhere in the back of my brain.

All things ATS are randomly generated in the back of everyone's brains.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What my faltering brain remembers about revenue is this.

A few years back the past owners came around asking for donations because the cost of their hobby was exceeding their capacity to fund it.

Then of course we were told that the site was sold to new owners and those new owners or at least those who purported to be the new owners made pledges to the membership for this and that.

During this last craziness, someone posted a membership list and that list as I recall had several hundred thousand members on it though i recognized only a few names. However it seems to me that for the most part there are only a few dozen regular posters with maybe a hundred more posting irregularly.

It's hard to imagine that if that is true, that if there are not thousands of ''lurkers'' or visitors who would see and be moved by commercials on a daily basis that advertisers would not be so interested in spending the money to advertise here.

So, with that logic, if one wishes to call it logic, my assumption is that this place has remained someones pet project or hobby. That is unless it really is run by some government agency to glean information on prospective insurgents or some university psych department watching the rats scramble about in it's experiment.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Again, your astuteness is mystifying.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

But the internet never forgets. It will remind you of all the silly stuff you wrote, if only on Wayback Machine.

I had my own website once, hosted by Geocities. It was free, but inserted its own advertising.

When Geocities free sites got turned off my pages never made it into the Wayback Machine.

I did have a backup on a CD though.

My writing was crap back then, mostly; a couple of pearls though.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

I’m guessing the maximum number of views an ad would get here is less than 1000, as it stands.

Then consider how many of those viewers would buy something advertised here.

Would it be worth it to advertise on this site? I don’t think so, as it stands.

So yes, the site must exist for some kind of “pet project” as you put it.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I've always wondered at even the idea of advertising here. Seeing as members here pride themselves on their capacity to see beyond the lies of the powers that be, how the advertising industry is such a huge part of that control system, why advertisers would even bother as so much of advertising is nothing more than lying. Weaponry and ammo, sure, there is a market here for that. Survivalist and prepper stuff as well, but beyond that I would imagine not much.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Perhaps I mis-spoke or phrased incorrectly...but I warn everyone of a false sense of security overall.

Thank you very much.

MS

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Thank you, I interacted w Djarms

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

One man's "edge"...can be another's "bottom".

Best

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Thnx D(cool Avatar). The "edge" analogy is pretty diverse in implication(s).

I'm always curious if God doesn't look down perturbed at our nonsenses(sic)...as we look up to pray for forgiveness?

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

Notice the "2"? I can only make new acct posts. This isn't my old...but it's comin' back👍

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

I hv 3 books, 70 blogs and was Editor of Dearborn Mi Emergency Managements monthly newsletter.

A good while back...one of my books unedited(1,000 pgs)....was being sent around by Sony Music and Universal. Both comps pay me royalties...so off it went to London (Kent)... and Sat for 2 yrs.

Worried that it was not in our control...I began making copies into Unedited, Edited and Check content 1st...and throwing every-thing-I-publish onto a 1T $35 h.drive and toss it in a drawer.

E.V.E.R.Y.....T.H.I.N.G! ....down the road....you'll be glad you did.

No "CLOUDS". WE DO NOT OWN ANY CLOUD. Your stuffs too important!😁☝️

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join