It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Israel can't open the borders with Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oh...oh man I really didn't want to do this. No...I really didn't. I usually stick to my original content, reply for the 1st, maybe 2nd page, then take a hiatus. I really hate getting involved in the political discourse when operating on my original pen name. I don't think it does anything positive for us, and just distracts us.

But.....

I've been getting super triggered with everyone talking about Israel-Palestine. I won't express my opinion on the matter here. However, I do hear something from the pro-Israel crowd almost daily, and every time I hear it, it makes me throw my shoulders up and cringe.

"what if Israel opened the borders with Gaza, what would happen?"

As if to imply if Israel sued for a legitimate peace and torn down their borders with Palestine, they would be overrun with terrorist attacks. Again, not here to boast or virtual signal for any specific side, and I'm pretty good at looking over daunting information and having an unbiased view of, which is the approach I take for all my topics.

But there is a reality to discuss when asking that question...What WOULD Palestine do if Israel opened their borders with them?

Well...lets do some numbers.

Israel population: 9,364,000
Muslim Palestinians make up 20% of Israeli population

Jewish people living in Israel: 7,491,200
Muslim people living in Israel: 1,872,800

Palestine population
West Bank: 3,000,000
Gaza Strip: 2,000,000
Total: 5,000,000

Now, lets add the Muslims living in Israel with the Muslims living in Gaza and the West Bank.

Muslims living in Israel+Palestinian territories: 6,872,800
Jews living in Israel+Palestinian territories: 7,491,200

Furthermore, Gaza AND West Bank have a higher growth and birth rate. So...in closing, why wouldn't Israel open the borders with Palestine?

It's not even remotely because of terrorism. There's literally no need for terrorism when the Muslim population ends up becoming a majority in Israel and Jews become a minority. At that point, Jews would be at the whim of the Muslims who legally took control of Israel through a straight-up majority in the Knesset. I don't see why Palestine would go on a terror campaign when they can literally just check a few boxes and have their way..But who knows, I definitely don't.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Why would they allow it. If people are coming to your country with the intention to not assimilate then they shouldn't come and they shouldn't be welcomed . a reply to: JimmyNeutr0nthe2nd

edit on 27-10-2023 by Fuggintroons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
So yeah, basically ethnic cleansing. Of jews.
How come nobody thought of this? Oh, wait...

I believe the Middle East will go down in flames before that will happen again.
edit on 43070231America/Chicago19pm31 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I know Wikipedia is not unbiased or academically correct. Depending on the author.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The code of purity of arms (Hebrew: טוהר הנשק, Tohar HaNeshek) is one of the values stated in the Israel Defense Forces' official doctrine of ethics, The Spirit of the IDF. It states that:

The soldier shall make use of his weaponry and power only for the fulfillment of the mission and solely to the extent required; he will maintain his humanity even in combat. The soldier shall not employ his weaponry and power in order to harm non-combatants or prisoners of war, and shall do all he can to avoid harming their lives, body, honor and property.

— IDF Spirit[1]

This is a direct link to IDF's website.

IDF's website.

From the day of its establishment, the IDF has championed the values of devotion to the mission and striving for victory. It has also sanctified the important values of human dignity and purity of arms. These values reflect an ancient Jewish tradition and a nation that desires life.

In every activity and every situation, it is our responsibility to act professionally, using focused, measured, and considered operational strength so that we succeed in our mission and remain true to our values.

The Gaza strip is one of the most densley populated areas in the world. I view Israel's percieved need to protect against Hamas. Although it is not inconceivable for them to allow human aid in and prevent civilian casualties. Aid trucks can enter safely without terrorist flooding the blockade. Leaving people starving, hospitals without supplies, electricity or fuel for power.
Is a horrendous way to wage a " defensive incursion on Gaza strip".

edit on 27-10-2023 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fuggintroons
Why would they allow it. If people are coming to your country with the intention to not assimilate then they shouldn't come and they shouldn't be welcomed . a reply to: JimmyNeutr0nthe2nd

Agree.

This is hypothetical in response to the hypothetical question I hear all the time "why can't israel open its borders" with the implication being Palestine would come across with no closed borders and start a terror campaign.

I did say all this in my op :p. To play devils advocate, couldn't Palestinians say the same circa 1948?

originally posted by: WhiteHat
So yeah, basically ethnic cleansing. Of jews.
How come nobody thought of this? Oh, wait...

I believe the Middle East will go down in flames before that will happen again.

Who said that... I said the minority would be at the whim of the majority. They could simply expel them, there wouldnt need to be a need to kill. To quote myself:

It's not even remotely because of terrorism. There's literally no need for terrorism when the Muslim population ends up becoming a majority in Israel and Jews become a minority. At that point, Jews would be at the whim of the Muslims who legally took control of Israel through a straight-up majority in the Knesset. I don't see why Palestine would go on a terror campaign when they can literally just check a few boxes and have their way..

Again, this is all merely hypothetical as I explained.
edit on 27-10-2023 by JimmyNeutr0nthe2nd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous
he will maintain his humanity even in combat.

IDF's website.

It has also sanctified the important values of human dignity and purity of arms

Like White Phosphorus.
-
As far as:

fulfillment of the mission and solely to the extent required; he will maintain his humanity even in combat."

Define "required" in this context. Required to make a soldier content or required eradication. You realize Hamas use the same exact argument. IDF says they fight humanely, Hamas says they don't kill women and children. Are they both honest, are they both lying, is one lying and one honest? Who? Lets not get biased here.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I think the majority of the Hamas don't kill women children but there are the small select few among the crowd that do and they are the problem for all sidesa reply to: JimmyNeutr0nthe2nd

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FaeDedAgain
I think the majority of the Hamas don't kill women children but there are the small select few among the crowd that do and they are the problem for all sidesa reply to: JimmyNeutr0nthe2nd

I can most definitely agree with this statement.

Some, no matter how religiously pious Hamas or IDF are, there are always some opportunists.

You need help by any chance reinstating your old account? Send me a PM, I could try to help. I've been liasoning for the ATS community on discord lol I have my account back, but as I mentioned in my OP, I don't want this conversation apart of my main pen name that deals with original religious and philosophy conversations.
edit on 27-10-2023 by JimmyNeutr0nthe2nd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 11:52 PM
link   
They cannot open borders. Hamas regards them as thieves.

If you need to understand the conflict in depth, watch this film

rumble.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Back to Ukraine. That's the plan.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimmyNeutr0nthe2nd
"what if Israel opened the borders with Gaza, what would happen?"

2 million anti-Israel pro-Hamas Palestinians would march through Israel, kill and loot and take over everything. There would be video of Palestinians celebrating by the dead bodies of Israelis just like the video of the Hamas celebrating with dead bodies at the music festival. Israel would be destroyed in hours.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I think the majority of the Hamas don't kill women children

The October 7th body count says differently.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Mawdano

Thank you for the link I am always intrested to learn diffrent perspectives on the formation of Israel.
I know of the terriost attacks by Israel groups against civilians and the British armed forces that led to Britian giving up mandate. Allowing the separation and formation of the state of Israel in May 1948. Leading to prolonged conflict and further annexation of Palestinian lands by Israel forces.

Unfortunately extreme fundamentalist are spread through all of societies cultures and tribes. It is a pity theological texts create such a missenterpretation of our combined history and common ancestory.

top topics

join