It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump will now have to testify in NY Fraud trial

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It makes no sense, family members are not going to testify against each other, unless is some personal problems within them.

She is not a reliable witness.

She grew up among lawyers she is a very smart businesswoman, is very stupid actually calling her to testify against her father.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   

As I explained, the reason she was dismissed as a defendant is because the statute of limitations expired. It has nothing to do with whether or not she was liable.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

There's a reason she's fighting this subpoena so hard. She has two choices, testify against her father or commit perjury.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

But she was a part of the Trump Organization during the time frame they were investigating. So why is she not charged? The Statue of limitations applies to this civll case and not others?

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

It makes no sense, family members are not going to testify against each other, unless is some personal problems within them.

She is not a reliable witness.

She grew up among lawyers she is a very smart businesswoman, is very stupid actually calling her to testify against her father.

"They" just want to annoy her dad, Donald Trump. The Jan 6th committee did same thing.

All of them are on "The Retribution List" that starts being acted upon in 15 months.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The latest they can tie her to any of the financial documents in question is 2014. The rest of the defendants can be tied to them until 2016.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Is a mockery court, she will be fine, nothing is coming out of this clown judge.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The thing that really bothers me about the all of the Trump charges, lawsuits and court cases is that there's not any against Biden and his family.

As each day tics by Trump's words ring ever truer:

"They're not after me, they're after you; I'm just in the way".

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

It's a civil case, not a criminal case. If she pleads the fifth the judge is allowed to infer wrongdoing and use that as part of his judgment. I'd be willing to bet that Trump pleading fifth during his deposition played a large role in the judge's summary judgment.

A civil case usually begins when one person or business (called the "plaintiff") claims to have been harmed by the actions of another person or business (called the "defendant"). The plaintiff starts a court case by filing a "complaint" (a document that outlines the plaintiff’s facts and legal theories and makes a request for relief).

Who is the plaintiff that has been harmed here...

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The thing that really bothers me about the all of the Trump charges, lawsuits and court cases is that there's not any against Biden and his family.

As each day tics by Trump's words ring ever truer:

"They're not after me, they're after you; I'm just in the way".

Add in that the last few dozen turned out to be nothing other than to get it in the news as a way to attack Trump.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The people of New York.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Ivanka seems smarter than her father and brothers.
Making her testify may not go the way the prosecution hopes.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The thing that really bothers me about the all of the Trump charges, lawsuits and court cases is that there's not any against Biden and his family..

^^ That. They are going nuts on Donald Trump which may or may not be justified. But there is ZILCH on Biden and his crime family. That's just not right.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Like I said previously, she has two options when she testifies. That's why she's trying so hard not to testify.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You're so close.

Now what reason could there be for Biden not being charged with any crimes, despite multiple investigations, and Comer stating earlier this week that he doesn't think he's going to hold any more impeachment hearings?

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I am sure she will be very well coached on what to say and what to do, is going to be actually interesting to watch.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

She's already been deposed. If she deviates from that testimony, she opens herself to perjury charges.
edit on 28-10-2023 by Threadbarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The people of New York.

What was the harm and damages? We both know it is all BS if not then bring it on.

Criminal fraud is a crime that involves a scheme to cheat or deceive another individual or entity in order to obtain a financial gain or a similar type of advantage. Criminal fraud is considered a “white collar crime.” Any action that is intended to deceive another through false representation of fact and results in detriment to the individual who relied on the information can be an act of criminal fraud.

If an individual intentionally lies about an important key fact in a transaction or relationship and another person or party relies on that misrepresentation to the point at which they suffer harm, then fraud has occurred. Fraud has not occurred when a party provides a fact that they believe is true, but are mistaken.

When a person is accused of criminal fraud, the case is brought by either local, state, or federal prosecutors. They have to prove that the defendant(s) intended to commit the misrepresentation and to gain from it. A criminal fraud case can be pursued even if the fraud was not successful and no one was actually harmed.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

This is a civil case. Not a criminal case.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

This is a civil case. Not a criminal case.

We know that...duh

No one was harmed, there really is no plaintiff but the state, and here we are in a civil case BECAUSE THERE WAS NO CRIMINAL EVENT TO GET HIM ON.

The civil case needs nothing but to be filed... You and others act so righteously in your replies that he has done wrong and you all are so full of yourselves that even something as stupid as this you will defend it to your grave even though any other time the Judge would throw all this out as being frivolous, especially after Cohen statements.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join