It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about how ATS now works. . .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It's obvious, decorum is being reinstated. I've never done discord, and am fine with this handle, although my past one has the history, and better stats.
Is there a option to merge old and new?
Are we, who were willing to create new accounts going to be subject to terms violations?
Technically, we never had multiple active accounts at once.

Obviously, I'd like to restore my old account, but I'm also fine with this one.

Question for Mods and Admin, What is the preferred way to re-introduce the ATS membership.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Randomtangentsareme
Hmm maybe a link to your old profile in your signature?

Its not hard to get your old account back. If you are averse to using discord AT ALL, shoot me a DM with your chosen email and old username (you can use a new email if you lost access to your old one) and ill screenshot that private mail and send it to the proper authorities on Disocrd for you myself as well as a link back to this thread. It might work who knows?

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:51 AM
link   

You should be more concerned with how long the lights stay on.

Rather that how it all functions…..

Our days are numbered.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Hmm maybe a link to your old profile in your signature?

Its not hard to get your old account back. If you are averse to using discord AT ALL, shoot me a DM with your chosen email and old username (you can use a new email if you lost access to your old one) and ill screenshot that private mail and send it to the proper authorities on Disocrd for you myself as well as a link back to this thread. It might work who knows?

What will happen then is you'll get an email with a link and a new password that WORKS.

Then later you can always change your email and password to whatever you want (I assume) so, you don't even have to trust me or the people at discord with your REAL email if you don't want to.. just make a throwaway email just for the purpose of restoring your account.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Flexin muh STATTTTS bro, yuh!
(just got my account back lol)
edit on 10/27/2023 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/27/2023 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

" Our days are numbered."

Hmm... Unless some Bored Billionaire like Elon Musk Buys ATS for some Chump Change just to have an Alternative to that Hell Hole Twitter he just bought . I Think he would Not Mind the FREEDOM of Speech ATS could Offer Him...................

edit on 27-10-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I've thought about it, since it went up for sale (or really asking for donations).
This recent hiccup has been interesting, but not unseen (to a degree).

Until the plug is pulled I would like to remain a member in good standing.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randomtangentsareme
It's obvious, decorum is being reinstated. I've never done discord, and am fine with this handle, although my past one has the history, and better stats.
Is there a option to merge old and new?
Are we, who were willing to create new accounts going to be subject to terms violations?
Technically, we never had multiple active accounts at once.

Obviously, I'd like to restore my old account, but I'm also fine with this one.

Question for Mods and Admin, What is the preferred way to re-introduce the ATS membership.

Imagine a club you go to every day

One day the doors are locked and the owners cant be found

The managers don't have keys

Then someone fonds some keys that work

The managers go to work

Customers come in

But the owners stay mia

That is ats now. Nothing is certain except many of us will be here, doing what we can, until the end

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Never used discord myseelf and seems dodgy to give my email and password to a hacker - is this Ghost person doing a white hat style hack to help members because the owners have #ed off or are they a blackhat type who initially hacked the site?

Seems a lot of respected and wise members have willingly handed over their details so Im leaning more towards them being an ethical hacker.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I'm staying with my new account because the reactivation process is a little fiddly and because my main work on ATS is winding down anyway. My old account has worthy stats and can rest on its laurels.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: HeadMod

Thinking the same thing myself. What I do know of ghost, has a good reputation. Did not all go to plan as the war rages on, but still in the fight. Has the feeling of a military operation, maybe why the feds don't want to touch it. With results so far a few have shown their true colors.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeadMod
Never used discord myseelf and seems dodgy to give my email and password to a hacker - is this Ghost person doing a white hat style hack to help members because the owners have #ed off or are they a blackhat type who initially hacked the site?

Seems a lot of respected and wise members have willingly handed over their details so Im leaning more towards them being an ethical hacker.

I dont know what you are talking about...talk to a mod on discord and he will send a new pw to you a new email... Djarum, donttreadonme...etc

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

You will have to go to discord and DM Djarums or just ask in the main lobby who is sorting. do not put your email address in the main lobby., the discord is The Phantom Zone.
edit on Fri, 27 Oct 2023 03:28:42 -0500283America/ChicagoFriday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

I dont know what you are talking about..

If administrative control has been fully restored then why not just use the email address I used when first signing up? That was a long time ago and not sure if it is the same one I use these days.

I know things are a adhoc at the moment, busy putting out fires. I don't expect everything sorted out over night. I don't know what kind of vetting is going on and while we sail the seas of doubt, I ain't in a rush.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

You can use any email thats good for you , the old ones are gone that yousigned up with, dont worry if you cant remeber it just give one you can use.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

the old ones are gone

I did not know that, first I have heard of it. If that is the case it sounds like the hack made a mess.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Yes i only know a little bit about it... i would advise that you do not use an email you care about , until the dust settles.
edit on Fri, 27 Oct 2023 03:45:26 -0500453America/ChicagoFriday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 04:00 AM
link   

From what i know the database containing the old passwords and emails have been ,if not outright nuked, then at least corrupted.

Thats why your old pw and email dont work. Waiting is fine and there are plenty of people who are perfectly happy with that and see what happens.

Mods are available on discord if needed... Usually... Lol

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   

You have nothing to worry about!

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

I dont use discord and try to avoid givinng out personal details to complete strangers.

I was asking if this Ghost person is an ethical hacker who is using his skills to repair the site seeing as managers have done or runner or is he the unethical hacker trype who would use the info he is asking for for further hacking or unethical behaviiour.

Im clueless of tech and would rather wait to see if mods or management attempt to repair the site than hand my personal details to a unknown

TL;DR - ATS Site is dead, owners have done a runner, seem to have left all mods in the dark, so it makes more sense just to sign up to the discord and stay on the forum there instead of re-singing up to here.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join