It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reasons for the present state of affairs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

After all the recent hate spewing trolls, my brain hurts.

Might even be nice to get back to having my posts removed!

Much thanks to Mods, particularly DTOM.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EvenOlderCarpy

In a way I found it refreshing to see those insults flying about so freely in the air unlike the manner in which they had for so long been carefully and at times not so carefully covered in pho-civility .

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
That is basically how I see us all now, on that downward slope with no way of stopping except for the crash.

Maybe for some, but some of us stopped at the top of the hill watching the rest run down.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

In a way I found it refreshing to see those insults flying about so freely in the air unlike the manner in which they had for so long been carefully and at times not so carefully covered in pho-civility .

I would be surprised if any of the most vulgar were the older crowd. This is the way it is today, remove restraints and people just go crazy. Look at the liberal cities that decided not to charge people under 1000 dollar crimes as they thought they were protecting the weak and now we have flash mobs robbing every store in sight as people just watch them do it, zero control, zero restraint. It was almost like a flash mob of vulgar invaded ATS.
edit on x31Fri, 27 Oct 2023 12:06:46 -05002023299America/ChicagoFri, 27 Oct 2023 12:06:46 -05002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Those flash mobs had a purpose, loot. Weak security and unrestrained looting.
The vulgar troll or trolls that infested ATS also had loot in mind. That loot was the ire of old members. It was deliberate triggering turning the history of accusations and hatred of pedos and trans people on it's ear. That troll also chose a beloved quipster who have signed off and made those baseless accusations in his direction only to watch the boiling blood of those who had gone on and on about free speech and against censorship. I thought that was rather clear though way to many simply rose to the low hanging bait.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
a reply to: annonentity

Humankind is de-evolving. The longer we exist, the dumber we become, and more dangerous we are to each other.

Species die out. If evolution was all that you’d think they would keep improving and thriving. They don’t. Perhaps there is an inbuilt mechanism within evolution which eventually tilts the scales into rapid decline.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So I was thinking, all the records, tapes and CDs...

Throw it all on the trash?

And then I saw this festive market. and they were selling records and CDs.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Oh my first job - Mr. Video.

Long gone, but people and families strolled in and chose movies.

It was a place to go.

Should we have a retro-video store?

Be kind, unwind.
edit on 27-10-2023 by CaptainHalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   
There were some dicey moments: The Silence of the Lambs ... horror shelf or thriller shelf?

Well all 5 copies booked for three months.

I'll just slip it into the "bestsellers" slot.

"It rewinds the tape again, or else it gets the salad in the VHS cassette again".
edit on 27-10-2023 by CaptainHalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHalf

Should we have a retro-video store?

Be kind, unwind.

By all means. It should be a themed restaurant. Like the 50s restaurants, only 80s. VHS players and screens on the tables. Big selection of rentals.

The name could be "Be Kind, Unwind"

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   
And you got to know the tapes by the rewinding noises they'd make.

Blindfold me - now rewind.

"bzzzz .... um chaka-laka ... bzzz"

That is the Bud Spencer classic "Who makes a friend makes a fortune".

Let's see:

Yip.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join