It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Guardian article just had a go at gentrifying the CONSPIRACY Phenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

‘It splintered our sense of reality’: how JFK’s assassination spawned 60 years of conspiracy theories

The murder of the US president left millions convinced their government lied and covered up. Decades on, it continues to twist the truth about everything from Covid to G5 to Trump’s defeat at the polls

It is a very well written article and I agree totally that the Kennedys as well as the assassinated activists Martin Luther King and Malcolm X disturbed the black and other communties into splintering psychologically in terms of trust of authority and government. It is when the conspiracy theory went viral fuelled by the hippies of the sixties and their psychoactive lateral awakening. The internet has allowed it to become the monster it is today.

Conspiracy was around long before then. As we have become more egalitarian so has our awareness. It was once mostlythe court and aristocracy that had awareness of conspiracy. Conspiracy has always existed in the ancient world; from Caesar's assassination to Mark Antony's attempt to wrestle Rome from Augustus.

If you make a plan in secret and execute that plan with others you have created a conspiracy. In a general sense that is all it is. We are not squeaky clean. If Bobby had to ask the CIA,

"Did you kill my brother?",

then we know all was not well. The authorities will not answer fully what happened at 9/11. By there clouding of the issue they fuel the paranoia. They have practically admitted to being involved with the murder of Martin and Malcolm. That is real conspiracy.

We are not squeaky clean. Behind the scenes cliques are plotting and planning in the dark because they obviously are making plans that people would not want them to be making if it affects their lives adversely. Our lives are being affected adversely by decisions made behind closed doors with no democratic accountability.

It's gone too far to ever be gentrified. The authorities will not be able to tame this. Only by setting examples over a long period of time; by being transparent when it comes to policies, politics and economics will trust ever be reached. It was not reached in the old days. When Julius Caesar was assassinated there would have been total confusion and much rumour. Also, they did definitely conspiure in the dark to kill Jesus Christ.

Christopher Marlowe's and Shakespeare's plays contain many plots of a conspiracies. Christopher's murder was the subject of much conspiracy rumour. Brutus CONSPIRED with the other senators to assassinate Julius Caesar because they did not like where he was taking Rome. Are we really so naughty for questioning Kennedy's and MLK's brutal deaths when historically we know what men in power are capable of?

I don't want all this distrust. I must keep seeking justice though. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for justice. Don't treat the people as babies. Tell them what and why. Don't murder behind the scenes when it is not suiting your plans. Show us you are human and that you have compassion.

It is possible yet to win back some trust and set this crooked path straight. It is my desire. Is it yours, Authorites? We must now be open and honest. It is the only way to heal us. I respect you, Guardian. You are trying, I see that. Bless.

edit on 26-10-2023 by Avengelist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Avengelist

Well said.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: malvo

Well said.

Thanks. I am not bullying you. I know you are angry. It's cool.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Legacy media whoring it up, as usual.

The US government do not serve the American people, and haven't done so for over a century.

It's bad in every country, but I'd say US citizens are subjected to more propaganda than any other nation of people on earth. And that propaganda also spills over to the rest of the world moreso than any other nation's lies and deception.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BbillyBobb

Legacy media whoring it up, as usual.

The US government do not serve the American people, and haven't done so for over a century.

It's bad in every country, but I'd say US citizens are subjected to more propaganda than any other nation of people on earth. And that propaganda also spills over to the rest of the world moreso than any other nation's lies and deception.

No government serves its constituents. It's blatantly obvious in the US and even more so in Canada with the justard unit. You know, the language of government is violence in the form of physical/mental/financial actions/threats, extortion and fear to fulfill a political agenda. This is the definition of terrorism. I've dealt with terrorists overseas during my time in Africa with the military and counterintelligence. I can say with 100% certainty, dead terrorists don't re-offend, I learned the "language." If the object is to fix government, you must become an effective communicator and learn their language as well.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

join