It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thing Is about this Prophecy Stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You have to Remember The Stuff that Is Said in the Bible:

"I Shall Come like a Thief in the Night, No One Will Know The Day Nor the Hour Of My Coming...Not Even Jesus Christ Himself Knows, Only God Does"!

So Basically Yes, There are Prophets and yes, They all Have made Bold Predictions! But NO ONE Can Predict the End times....Everyone tried, all Have Failed!

Just My Opinion on that Matter

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky003

"I Shall Come like a Thief in the Night, No One Will Know The Day Nor the Hour Of My Coming...Not Even Jesus Christ Himself Knows, Only God Does"!

So whos to say we cant predict the month and year?

sorry I couldnt resist.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hey not to offend anyone but I think you left out one factor and its called
LUCK and CHANCE for some prophets its all they have.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think some people are capable to seeing some things in the future. 90% are wrong, 5% are chance, and 5% are good hits.

As far as the end of the world? Only he^ knows for sure.

I think "he" is now angry enough to call it soon.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Also some people consider Christ God by the way ..ya know the whole trinity thing.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
yeah he messed up the quote, it says only the father knows, but it is no big deal. However, revelation can give us a good hint that the time is definitely nigh.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky003
You have to Remember The Stuff that Is Said in the Bible:

So Basically Yes, There are Prophets and yes, They all Have made Bold Predictions! But NO ONE Can Predict the End times....Everyone tried, all Have Failed!

Just My Opinion on that Matter

Hi Rocky003...
Yes .there are prophets in the Bible.......The Old Testament has many.
All the Old Testament has been fullfilled.......From a Christian point of view........otherwise you cannot have Christ the Lord.....who Resurrected...

Now speaking of the New Testament.....prophets always refer back to the Old Testament for clarification of what happened and what is to happen.......
We know for certain and fact ......that the end of times has not come.......otherwise I would not be posting here.......

People pick up their Bible and come up with various prophetic visions(so they beleive)
We know also that this has been a terrible mistake because many have failed and this causes many to foolishly react in a negative way to ALL of Christians.......

Why do we have LAW'S?
Why do we have to follow the Law of this world?
why do we receive certain punishments regarding the Law of man?

Well, you cannot ,NOT have any rules or laws because then man would destroy themselves and live according to their own way of thinking what is right or wrong......Even with man's law there are many problems .......but whether we like it or not, we have to abide by these laws...
Ok.....
be patient.....

God created and the law of God was not to eat of the tree(Cross of Christ in Paradise(First church......people )..
The Law of God was not kept, and Adam and Eve(the first people.....ADAM being the first MAN ) had to pay with ''death''...not a spiritual death, but death to not fully being with God...
Death was conquered.....by Jesus Christ (God come in the flesh)and reconciled the people to God and death was no more(Spiritual death).......Though through SIN man does not have contact with God like in the Old Testament as was before the FALL.....(hmmm I hope im making sense?)
Jesus Christ is the second Adam.....because Adam did sin, God had to come down for all humanity to save all mankind...quote//"the Word became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14).
Ok..........PROPHETS
Prophecy from the beginning in Genesis after the fall......tells us that a Saviour will be born to save the world......

Prophecy all throughout the Old Testament spoke of the Son of God........
QUOTE//
In not a few instances, Old Testament prophecies speak simultaneously about the beneficial changes in human societies during the time of the New Testament and about the new life in the Heavenly Kingdom. In this case the first acts as the source for the second (Is. 4:2-6, 11:1-10, chs. 26, 60 and 65; Jer. 23:5-6, 33:6-11; Hab. 2:14; Zeph. 3:9-20). The Old Testament prophecies regarding the destruction of Chaldean Babylon speak simultaneously also of the annihilation during the reign of the antichrist (Is. ch. 13-14, and ch. 21; Jer. chs. 50-51)
www.fatheralexander.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Since the day christ rose the has been nigh. Because all he has to do is come back now...so he is more than half way done
Other than that fact we wont know the specific day or time. It will sneak up on us. but that doesnt mean that we can see signs from God indicatiing bad things are about to happen.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A prophet receives the "prophesy" from God. God will not violate His own word, so if someone claims to prophesy the day and hour, you know it is him talking and not God speaking through the man.

This is being moved to sprituality. Please, let us see the difference between spirituality and conspiracy, huh?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thomas, you got it wrong. God only speaks to holy higher ups like some priests., or extremely holy people.

Prophets get their "visions" from somewhere else, call them angels, spirit guides, protectors, whatever- God doesnt tell the general public unless you are a holy person (or Bush) couldnt resist that, and the reason God tells some chosen ones of whats to come is to see if maybe mankind will change. Lotsa luck. In short, visionaries, prophets, bla bla bla you cant beleive. I do beleive visions from holy people.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
In short, visionaries, prophets, bla bla bla you cant beleive. I do beleive visions from holy people.

What makes a person a holy person?

The Bible talks about many prophets. Regular people who love God and try their best to follow his commands. It also talks about "bad" prophets. If you read closely, you will see that there is a big difference in the two. The true prophets who were blessed with a vision and message to spread, do not accept money, and they do not just speak to a few people who they are close to.

John 7:18 He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

God wants us to to be watchful. So, whos to say that he wouldnt give visions to people about what will happen before the time comes. To help us be watchful and to help "awaken" others? No, we will not know the day or hour in which it will happen. Is it too far fetched to think that God .....the one who loves us so much he gave his only son....would help us keep our eyes open and show us what to watch for?

[edit on 14-4-2005 by mrsdudara]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Holy people, the pope, priests, Moses, Fatima..etc...generally conected with religions. All religions, i might add, not just mine.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Having a title doesnt make a person holy. God speaks to whoever he chooses to speak to. God spoke to saul before he became paul and he was far from holy.

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

new topics

top topics

join